The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Predators just got screwed by a terrible call, PIC inside

AriGold

So Duchene got a lead pass and the puck was catching up with him then he breaks in on a breakaway and scores..

Trots was losing his mind on the refs and couldn't believe it actually happened,

Question, how does this happen ? The linesman was right on the line..

35c1oc8.jpg

Gotta agree with the other posters, linesman fault on that one, maybe he blinked or something. I'm just surprised none of the other officials saw something that obvious and didn't speak up afterwards. I'd say use video review, but if review was to be used on every offside call, the games would be 9 hours long

That looks pretty bad. I didn't think it could get any worse than that Breire one in the playoffs, but that looks ridiculous. I gotta see an actual replay of that.

Here's the Briere one for anyone who might have forgotten :

Here's a replay. Not the best one, but it's better than nothing for now I guess. I'll post a better one if I find it.

Looks like even Duchene thought it was offside. Wow.

HD replay :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDXf_2Ct54o

We can look at it as the refs are inconsistent, but the truth is the refs are not the same people each game.

So some games you will get veterans, where as other games you will rookies.

There is error because it's such a fast paced game and they are out there trying to watch everything happening.

It's easy for us to critique because we can look at all the photographic evidence and analyse everything at our own pace, and that is why I feel lots more should be able to be reviewed upstairs. They can't catch everything.

But in all honestly, they do a very good job about 80% of the time.

Just remember, they are only human.

whats bad about it is everyone knows its a mistake, the refs know it, the linesman know it but the rules do not let them review it and call the goal off. That is what is wrong with the situation.

just like in the NFL if it is a scoring play it automatically gets reviewed should be painfully obvious by now that is the way to go.

Archived