#871 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

[quote name='zero-ONE-three' timestamp='1361330258' post='11153529']
His record in shoot outs is sub par, and his record against breakaways is even worse. Look it up. It isn't an error, he just sucks on breakaways. Either way, the goaltender tonight isn't the problem.
[/quote]

he's great on breakaways and penalty shots, he sucks in shootouts.

and if Luongo were in net suddenly the goalie would be the problem according to all the anti-lu pro-schneider fanboys on here

#872 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,084 posts

Throwing a hit behind the boards is interference. Setting a pick to give someone as good as Marian Hossa a free path in front of the net is not. These goofs failed game management 101.

aXmDa9t.gif

#873 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,504 posts

Well at least if history has shown us anything this team always comes on strong after getting blown up by the hawks.....so......there is hope that we can turn things around soon. I also wonder if perhaps a trade should be done soon, I mean as much as I like the idea of having both Lu and Schenids for the playoffs... Our Defense is just horrid right now.

Posted Image
Do Not Trade TanevPosted Image

Thanks TS <3

formely known as Gillyfluffball

#874 KraKassian

KraKassian

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

It might be time to stop watching games for me for awhile before I break something.

#875 Bob Stone

Bob Stone

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

The hawks aren't responsible for their streak, the officials are.

How Canuckian of you...........

#876 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

Feb 1 Canucks vs Hawks, Canucks win 2-1 with Luongo

Feb 19 Canucks vs. Hawks Canucks 1 Hawks 3 after 40 mins

Same teams, different goalie, different result....Luongo is better against the Hawks than Schnieder. He has better numbers. Not all Schnieder's fault tonight, not like we are getting chances or owning them in their zone.

Pretty unfair to compare the 2 games. We are a better team on home ice and quite frankly Chicago played quite poorly last time out..day and night from this performance.

#877 zoner.

zoner.

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

So I'll mention this again: When is Rick Bowness going to get fired? Our defense collapses against even a marginally aggressive forecheck every time, it's painful to watch now.
Posted Image

#878 Gunner Garrison

Gunner Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Maybe bringing Kesler back was a mistake (not serious)

(half serious)

#879 gamasutra

gamasutra

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Not sure if I can take 6 years of Garrison at this rate.

#880 TheTruthHurts

TheTruthHurts

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

His record in shoot outs is sub par, and his record against breakaways is even worse. Look it up. It isn't an error, he just sucks on breakaways. Either way, the goaltender tonight isn't the problem.

You provide an argument, and then tell ME to support your argument. I am laughing at your reasoning so much right now.

#881 JE14

JE14

Entitled Anarchist Goat King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,289 posts

But: if the puck wasn't in and wasn't covered (undetermined), why was the play whistled down?

Ref near the net didn't blow down the play the other ref did because he lost sight of the puck.

But I do agree with you it was kinda stupid that he pointed goal.

Posted Image

CDCFL Bruins |  EHL Canucks

#882 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,406 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

cant wait for jason garrisons leaving party.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#883 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,779 posts

I hate to be pessimistic but ...

we still have a chance.

We need to play in their end a bit. I'd bet we'll see Booth on the second line. I would put Kass back out there too. Tonight was not the right time to break up the Speedy Gonzales Line.

Edited by Dogbyte, 19 February 2013 - 08:24 PM.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#884 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,236 posts

Well I'm having Chili, Nachos and Beer.

Unless the Canucks storm back I might be needing a lot of beer tonight.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#885 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Garrison won't be going anywhere soon. He makes $6 mill next year and 5 the following.

IF Garrison gets traded it will be after 2 more seasons.

#886 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Amnesty Buyout on GARRISON? :bigblush:

Posted Image

#887 dhawk11

dhawk11

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

what else is on tv tonight, oh look PBS that will be better then watching the Canucks get raped by the blackhawks agian

#888 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

We played completely different that game than this game, so you can't compare the two evenly.

Anyone who thinks this game is like this because of goaltending or officiating is not watching the same game.

The Canucks D has had downright dispicable coverage. And the team has been skating in quicksand all night. Bottom line is they weren't prepared to play yet again. Wonder what AV's excuse will be this time...

not Schnieder's fault as I said, we are not doing much. but last game vs the Hawks Canucks were not on top of their game either, Lu played excellent with big saves. Just saying stats wise, Schnieder does not have a good record against the Hawks, since 2011 Lu has been great against them
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#889 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

really you guys picked vancouver to win this game, against the best team in the league at home, and considering how we have played the last two games, be real here now. Canucks being out played, and give up leads in most games.

Pretty easy to brag once the score is 3 - 1 eh?

I'll wait to watch you eat crow when the Canucks come back

#890 Rovy

Rovy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

I think the whole coaching staff needs to go. Defence is playing WAY below their level. Special teams have been brutal (minus last game), and Vignault really knows how to take talent, and make it look average, while not having his team ready to play, or knowing when to adjust strategies.

#891 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

My view on a couple things.

That goal was definitely not a goal as it was undetermined, so what the ref called on the ice stood.

Tanev is definitely the best defender again. Hamhuis and Bieksa are improving. Ballard was steady, Edler has been pretty bad. Garrison was doing well up until the third goal where he just let Hossa walk in and score.

Booth is doing well in a smaller role so far. Schroeder has been absolutely invisible haven't even noticed him yet.

And last without Schneider the game would be 7-1 easily. He has kept the team in it.

I agree

I don't care who is in net it's hard to not get blown out in this game, they completely dominated us in that period
we are not the only team the Hawks do this too I hate to say it but they are just that good right now.

Edited by Noheart, 19 February 2013 - 08:25 PM.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#892 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

how many times do we have to watch this garrison bio?

#893 panelguy

panelguy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

This team is not the group to makes a playoff run, too many guys play with their heads up their a#*es. ( Edler Ballard , Lap to name a few )
It was a fun 1st period but they decided to take it easy in the 2nd and we see the results , dumb penalties because their slow in their own end.
Whens the trade deadline cause these guys will not get it done.

#894 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,627 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

we can come back in da turd!

#895 MikeyD

MikeyD

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

Great another garrison intermission...

Posted Image

#896 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

How many trade Schneider threads do think will pop up tonight?

Posted Image

#897 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,779 posts

Well I'm having Chili, Nachos and Beer.

Unless the Canucks storm back I might be needing a lot of beer tonight.

Cheers, and a jaeg bomb to start off this third.

Edited by Dogbyte, 19 February 2013 - 08:26 PM.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#898 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,406 posts

how many times do we have to watch this garrison bio?

well he was our own free agent signing of note, and i use that statement loosely.

BUYERS REMORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#899 Starfruits

Starfruits

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts

Brace yourself here's come the negative people picking the whole team and staff apart.... and the game isn't even over yet!

#900 ghjffbali

ghjffbali

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

I can't believe we crapped on a lead AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

It's a shame we have a roster like this and come out with an effort like that in the second period with a measly 6 shots. Pathetic. Do we think we're facing the Blue Jackets? No, this is the Chicago Blackhawks. You know, the team that STILL hasn't lost in regulation yet and we put out an effort like that where we tried to sit on a friggin one goal lead. Our goalies may have bailed us out at the beginning of the season, but its not sustainable to expect them to play at a .950 save percentage and a 1.5 GAA forever. Leaning on Schneider or even Luongo on a one goal lead and expecting to win like that isn't a formula for success. When you have a one goal lead, you put your foot on the other team's neck instead of letting the foot off the gas and letting them back in the game (and please don't even get me started on the last Hossa goal).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.