1208 replies to this topic

#241 VancouverStyle

VancouverStyle

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

I hope the Canucks hand the Blackhawks their first regulation loss.

Can't wait the game.

go nucks go :towel: :towel:

#242 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

That was funny to watch. Thornton could hardly hold back his laughter when Toews was coming after him. Good on Joe for holding back 'cause he could have destroyed Toews if he wanted to.

At least Toews (who isn't a fighter) personally stood up for himself and fought the guy who gave him a concussion last year. But the same standards Sedin should ask Keith to dance and put this whole situation behind us.

#243 miked1101

miked1101

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

At least Toews (who isn't a fighter) personally stood up for himself and fought the guy who gave him a concussion last year. But the same standards Sedin should ask Keith to dance and put this whole situation behind us.

Thornton could have easily given him another one. Why would we want one of our best players fighting a tool like Keith?
Posted Image

#244 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

Ok so we'll use your standard, why didnt Hossa fight Torres?

Keith threw a vicious intentional elbow to the leading scorer of the Canucks but he doesnt have to answer for it? If he doesnt fight any fighter on the Canucks, his name will be up there with Cooke as a cheapshot pos who doesnt back up his actions.

#245 HawkFanBudMan

HawkFanBudMan

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

I anticipate a high scoring game, both teams are geeked for the game. The Hawks should play with accelerator to the floor, the kind of game where a 2 goal lead is meaningless. They really need to force the tempo on a veteran Canuck teamfor 60 minutes. Hawks 7 Canucks 5, last goal will be an empty netter.
Boy howdy

#246 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

Thornton could have easily given him another one. Why would we want one of our best players fighting a tool like Keith?

Thornton could have.

A lot of people keep talking about the Canucks getting revenge on Keith. All I'm saying is if Toews can stand up and fight Thornton why can't Sedin do the same and fight Keith?

#247 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

Keith threw a vicious intentional elbow to the leading scorer of the Canucks but he doesnt have to answer for it? If he doesnt fight any fighter on the Canucks, his name will be up there with Cooke as a cheapshot pos who doesnt back up his actions.

Fair point about Hossa/Torres. But at the same time I wasn't calling for somebody to cheap shot Torres or to have him leave on a stretcher. If Burrows or Bieksa want to fight Keith then have at it, I have no issue with that.

#248 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

Im at the United center right now and it has to be the coldest arena on the planet. No ball busting from hawk fans.. yet

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#249 miked1101

miked1101

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

Thornton could have.

A lot of people keep talking about the Canucks getting revenge on Keith. All I'm saying is if Toews can stand up and fight Thornton why can't Sedin do the same and fight Keith?

A lot of people say a lot of things on these boards (a lot of it garbage). We've seen the type of hockey revenge you're implying before. Toews didn't land a punch (I would hardly call it a fight), what did that prove?

I'm glad the Sedins don't fight. They also don't cry about not being able to expose opposing teams for "who they really are" and get into dumb fights that they'll lose. They're leaders on and off the ice.

Edited by miked1101, 19 February 2013 - 05:58 PM.

Posted Image

#250 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

In fairness, I don't believe any Canuck even challenged him last game. Let's call a spade a spade, there was absolutely no answer by the Canucks last game. It was disappointing. It reinforced the fact that you can do whatever you want to the Canucks and not pay for it. That being said, I know there are a couple guys on the team that would relish the chance to get some retribution, so I have a feeling the non-response is coach mandated.

#251 Apricot

Apricot

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,624 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

Leggooooo Nucks! Time to finish the hawks in regulation! DO IT BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYSSSSSS

ahmet-maranki-kayisi-yagi.jpg

Previously known as CanucksRuleAll, CRA or Cantaloupe.

RIP RR, LB, PD. Forever in our hearts <3

#252 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

Fair point about Hossa/Torres. But at the same time I wasn't calling for somebody to cheap shot Torres or to have him leave on a stretcher. If Burrows or Bieksa want to fight Keith then have at it, I have no issue with that.

You dont think Bieksa, Kassian asked him to fight?

Im sure they would love to break some more of his teeth, but that little rat doesnt have the balls to man up and answer for his cheapshot.

#253 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

A lot of people say a lot of things on these boards (a lot of it garbage). We've seen the type of hockey revenge you're implying before. Toews didn't land a punch (I would hardly call it a fight), what did that prove?

I'm glad the Sedins don't fight. They also don't cry about not being able to expose opposing teams for "who they really are" and get into dumb fights that they'll lose. They're leaders on and off the ice.

If all the Canucks stood up for themselves then maybe it send a message to the rest of the league. I know some Canucks stand up for themselves but not all.

#254 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,199 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

With Schneider starting I don't like our chances, but Brent Seabrook and Crawford are out. We're going to have to open it up against these guys to beat them - play dirty, distract their stars with hits and penalties and score more than they do.

Schneider will probably let in 3ish goals against these superstar forwards who are on fire right now, but the twins are clicking as is Kesler, and with Booth back we've got a better matchup against their backup goalie and Seabrook-less defence.

I said 2-1 win with Luongo, but with Schneider hopefully we can open this game up. 6-3 Canucks.
Posted Image

#255 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

In fairness, I don't believe any Canuck even challenged him last game. Let's call a spade a spade, there was absolutely no answer by the Canucks last game. It was disappointing. It reinforced the fact that you can do whatever you want to the Canucks and not pay for it. That being said, I know there are a couple guys on the team that would relish the chance to get some retribution, so I have a feeling the non-response is coach mandated.

AV is behind it im sure. He muffled Burrows and Lappy, im sure he told the Canucks to not do anything because it would be seen as 'unclassy' if we went after him. I HATE how this team has become pushovers. The fact that Hamhuis and Bieksa practically forced MG to sign Vandermeer just shows how much we need toughness in the lineup.

#256 miked1101

miked1101

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

If all the Canucks stood up for themselves then maybe it send a message to the rest of the league. I know some Canucks stand up for themselves but not all. And not fighting /= not standing up for yourself

I don't think there's any team where all the players stand up for themselves. That's why guys like Bollig get a roster spot.

Our team is supposedly built on the Detroit model, with skilled players who don't fight, and bigger guys to protect them.

Edited by miked1101, 19 February 2013 - 06:09 PM.

Posted Image

#257 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

I hope this game has more of the Chicago/Vancouver intensity we're use to. The last game we played was one of the most boring we've played against each other in a while.

#258 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

If all the Canucks stood up for themselves then maybe it send a message to the rest of the league. I know some Canucks stand up for themselves but not all.

When the Canucks do stand up for themselves we get penalized.

recent example, Justin Falk drives one of the Sedins head to the boards in a late hit, Lappiere skates up to him and gives him some face washes and gets the only penalty.

#259 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

Man the madhouse is dark. Someone forgwt to pay bills?

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#260 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,756 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

It has been mandated by the captain. This is what happens when Henrik Sedin is captain. I love the guy, but his Ghandi approach trickles down to the rest of the team.

I think I've heard him say it before, that it's better to just take the hits, and make them pay on the powerplay.

The problem is, when your powerplay isn't rolling, it doesn't scare other teams into not running around. So the number one way to make sure teams don't take cheapshots is to get the powerplay going. No player wants to put his team at a disadvantage if he knows that the other team is likely to score.

If we wanted a different approach to how we respond, we would have made Kesler or Bieksa captain. With the way things get called against us sometimes, I don't know if that would have been a great move.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#261 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

Arent we third in league for fights?

#262 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

I hope this game has more of the Chicago/Vancouver intensity we're use to. The last game we played was one of the most boring we've played against each other in a while.

I hope we have four fights in four seconds.
Posted Image

#263 miked1101

miked1101

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

Agreed! It was snoozeville :lol:
Posted Image

#264 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

Posted Image

Go ahead, Hawks. Do whatever you want.....

Edited by MaximYapierre, 19 February 2013 - 06:13 PM.

/=S=/

#265 VancouverCanucksRock

VancouverCanucksRock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

Hah!! You thought the Reffing was bad durring the Blues' game? Just wait.....Just you wait....
Posted Image WHen idiots think numbers are words, I do believe in 2012 for cleansing Earth of the idiots

#266 cdubuya

cdubuya

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

Is it just me or have we faced a lot of backups this year?
Posted Image

#267 Starfruits

Starfruits

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,792 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

Why is Schneider is starting? =/

#268 PLOGUE

PLOGUE

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

Thornton could have.

For the same reason hossa couldn't against Torres. Personally if I was Daniel I'd give Keith the Marty mcsorely 2hand chop to the skull. First time offender should get a slap on the wrist like Keith did.
QUOTE (ephysdad @ Oct 26 2008, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or then of course there's always the Ferry

Also,
I'm putting together a list of the criteria to be a "real" Canuck's fan. So far I have this:

1. I cheer for the Canucks, whatever happens.
2. I never say anything bad about the Canucks.
3. I know the difference between "real" fans and posers just by how they post on the CDC or where they sit at GM Place.
4. I wouldn't dream of leaving a game before it ended, even if it meant missing a train, ferry or a threesome with the wife and her hot best friend?
5. I make 10+ posts a day and I have over 10,000 posts on the CDC, so my Canuck "street-cred" is huge. Go away noob!
6. No one F's with me. I train in MMA. I'm really tough. I'll curb stomp yo' donkey.
7. I make a tonne of $$$$.
8. I'm witty.
9. If it meant missing a game, I wouldn't study for a midterm.
10. I roll with a guy who has a wicked car.
11. I like to post "source?" a lot.

#269 tocnhockey

tocnhockey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,705 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

Hope this game isn't as boring as the game they played here...zzzzzzzzz

WIN THIS GAME CANUCKS GO GO GO

"He'll play, you know he'll play. He'll play on crutches."

linden_mclean1994.jpg

Kirk McLean and Trevor Linden -Game 6 1994 SC Finals

#270 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69,190 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

Why is Schneider is starting? =/

Switch goalies after a loss.

307mg00.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.