The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Chicago Blackhawks | 19/02/13 | SNET-P | 5:30PM |

iCanucksLover

Guest Gumballthechewy

Why thank you kind sir.

Most Blackhawks are nice, you just have to get to know us. I personally don't have anything against the Canucks, I actually watch a lot of Vancouver games. I think you guys have a great organization (#2 in the league) and I love you the city of Vancouver comes alive when the Canucks play. That being said, I've been a Blackhawks fan for more than 2 decades and that's where my loyalties will always lie. Although I have been impressed with the Canucks since I moved here a few years ago

I like fans like you.

Personally I'm a Hockey fan before I'm a Canucks fan, I love the game to much to be too biased but I've grown up with the Canucks so they'll always hold a special place in my heart. I do have great respect for teams like Chicago, they have great history and great players too. I'm not a big fan of Kane or Keith but I acknowledge that they are very talented players, just personal preference.

Not comparing Keith to Torres or Cooke. All three have made a questionable play or two, but Torres and Cooke have a much longer rap sheet in this area.

I have not issue with the Canucks wanting to fight Keith they was Mayers and Thortnon fought Torres and Cooke. Keith is less of a fighter then those guys so it's less likely to happen. But that being said if Burrows (or whomever) wants a go with Keith then I'm all for it. But enough with the calls for somebody to make Keith leave on a stretcher.

this should be a fun one! a lot like going into detroit last year when they had their home winning streak on the line and we snapped that, let's snap chicago's unbeaten in regulation run!

hope to continue seeing this group come together as it has over the last couple games. even though we've lost two straight i have liked how the team has looked in stretches with kesler back. hopefully we keep building with booth in the lineup. whoever starts in goal needs a bounce back game in a tough building.

3-0 Canucks (NO CHELSEA DAGGER)

Daniel

Bieksa

Schroeder

Schneider shutout (redemption game for him after he had to be taken out of game 6 1st round 2011 when he cramped up @ United Center after letting in a penalty shot)

Everyone is expecting a knuckle dragging fight fest with these two teams..I don't think it's going to happen..!!..At the end of the day it's the Sedins,Kes and Lou against Toews,Kane and Keith (Seabrook)..Chicago players may have the advantage because they are are just hitting their prime.

Should be an interesting game and a good measuring stick 1/4 into the season with both teams relatively healthy. This is one of few teams that match the Canucks depth wise.

Forwards: Advantage Chicago, although the Canucks have 4 capable lines you just cant frack with Chicago's top 6 especially with Kane playing the way he is.

Defense: Even, Canucks have more balanced pairings but Chicago has Keith and Seabrook one of the best pairings in the NHL.

Goaltending: Advantage Vancouver, no matter who's in net Vancouver's biggest advantage will be their star goalies.

It's gonna be a close game I'm gonna say 3-1 Vancouver with an empty net goal.

The last Hawks game, I suppose, had it's drama... It was close and a heart breaker.

But it was not the tough intense game I was expecting; forgetting completely about Kieth.

Here's to a game like the Boston game last January; where guys from both teams were willing to bleed to win. It won't be a rivalry if games were played like the last one!

As to predictions; I say 2-1 with goals by Kieth, a late goal by Raymond to tie it and Kesler with the OT winner! Kesler has been playing great BTW, just need his team to adjust around him to the roles they now have to fill!

Should be a great game.

The Hawks are a deep and talented team, up front and on the D, as is Vancouver.

If Vancouver skates and plays to their game plan for the full 60, Vancouver 5-3

If they fall asleep in the second period like the last 2 games, 5-2 Hawks.

Hoping to end their streak.

Archived