The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Does Christopher Higgins Need To Do To Breakout?

Pasific Coluseum

Higgins Lapierre Hansen is the 3rd line we will see come playoffs. A solid defensive unit that can score some goals. I guess we will have to wait and see how Raymond and Schroeder do against the bigger, tougher teams.

Higgins is a very well rounded player who is a bargain (and a blessing) for this team.

Higgin's will dig out the puck then head to the net. When he plays with good players they'll reward him for winning the puck with a pass in the slot, which is usually when he scores. He also checks, fore-checks, back checks, goes to the dirty area's and has what Aussie's call great "work rate."

I call him a "glue guy," every line should have one and he should be appreciated!

But your making a mistake expecting him to be any dynamic force.

This isn't a bashing Chris Higgins thread but I've been underwhelmed with him this year. I remember the Chris Higgins of old with the Montreal Canadiens where he had career numbers. It just seems he's being used more in a defensive role. This guy can definitely score and I just think he has the potential to put up a lot more points.

I would love to see him get power play time. I just don't like the fact Chris seems invisible this season, don't know if its just me.

Both are well past their peak; if your expecting them to drive the puck, make plays under pressure, have instincts that constantly feel where the game needs to go... your going to be dissapointed. Neither have quite enough size, speed, or talent that a decent defender cant lock either down. And they no longer get free chances on the PP or against the weakest match up after an icing the call. Its been proven we have better to make teams pay.

See my above post though; both have accepted their roles and do the dirty work for their line mates and bust their asses! And their still good enough to convert when they get an off crack with top talent who deliver them golden chances.

Expect 12 to 15 points from Lappy and 15 to 18 from Higgins this year.

These guys are gold for exactly what they are doing for us!

i still think that lapierre and higgins have yet to reach their peak

Higgins is quietly one of the most flashiest, skilled guys on this team but his role doesn't permit him to race up the ice, gamble and take offensive chances.

I watched some of his goals in Montreal - most of them were off the rush, odd man rushes and sick dekes on breakaways. We saw what he can do last season against Kippersoff on a breakaway, this guy has fast hands for a big tough guy and doesn't get to play a very skilled game in Vancouver.

The exact same can be said of Booth, who has far more skill than he's shown in Vancouver. Playing with Kesler on a tough checking line that faces opponents teams top players, he isn't supposed to race up the ice and score goals by himself, but to play solid defence first and foremost. If he had the luxury of free-wheeling offensively then we'd see Booth breakout too.

He has been playing fine recently, he isn't a guy who is going to put up a ton of points.

All he needs to do is work hard, battle, and play a solid two way game. And he will play fine. He doesn't have overwhelming skill but an all-round skillset that allows him to be successful in any type of situation.

He's been doing just fine.

This isn't a bashing Chris Higgins thread but I've been underwhelmed with him this year. I remember the Chris Higgins of old with the Montreal Canadiens where he had career numbers. It just seems he's being used more in a defensive role. This guy can definitely score and I just think he has the potential to put up a lot more points.

I would love to see him get power play time. I just don't like the fact Chris seems invisible this season, don't know if its just me.

Archived