Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

What Does Christopher Higgins Need To Do To Breakout?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,450 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:33 AM

What Does Christopher Higgins Need To Do To Breakout?
It just seems he's being used more in a defensive role.

You answered your own question as to why he hasn't been used as an offensive threat. We have plenty of offensive players that need to work on that.

#32 Alex the Great

Alex the Great

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

He has been playing fine recently, he isn't a guy who is going to put up a ton of points.

All he needs to do is work hard, battle, and play a solid two way game. And he will play fine. He doesn't have overwhelming skill but an all-round skillset that allows him to be successful in any type of situation.

He's been doing just fine.

NO. YOU ARE WRONG. ALL OUR PLAYER MUST PUT UP 80+ POINTS PER YEAR.
Gosh.

:rolleyes:

Higgins is playing great lately, just don't forget that he's not Crosby.

105uyog.jpg

Thanks to KhalifaWiz for the incredible sig!

#33 jono2009

jono2009

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

break out starts tonight, american express line!

#34 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

Smack a few opponents in the coupon!
Kevin.jpg

#35 Bieksa's Quote

Bieksa's Quote

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

He seems to have really decent chemistry with Kesler, and even before Kes came back he started showing signs of progress. I'd give him a few more weeks before passing judgment.

"If a 6-foot-8 guy who can't skate asks to fight, you say no, then skate around him and score a goal."

#36 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

playing with the twins would probably do it

#37 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,397 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

All Higgins needs for a "breakout season" is get younger and more talented. At 29 he's unlikely to "breakout" at this point. Impossible? No. Unlikely? Very.
Posted Image

#38 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

I believe he can develop into a great player. Maybe not a 40 goal scorer, but a solid 2 way forward. All he needs is a good couple of games to boost his confidence.

Posted Image

#39 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

This isn't a bashing Chris Higgins thread but I've been underwhelmed with him this year. I remember the Chris Higgins of old with the Montreal Canadiens where he had career numbers. It just seems he's being used more in a defensive role. This guy can definitely score and I just think he has the potential to put up a lot more points.

I would love to see him get power play time. I just don't like the fact Chris seems invisible this season, don't know if its just me.

You are deluded. He has one less goal than Daniel just as many goals of Edler, and pretty much no power play time. He has been playing very well of late, with lots of energy and taking the man and very strong defensively. I love the way is playing - if we had more like him we'd win more games.

#40 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

I believe he can develop into a great player. Maybe not a 40 goal scorer, but a solid 2 way forward. All he needs is a good couple of games to boost his confidence.

Do people here think he's a prospect or something? He's a 2-way 3rd line forward. He's a very good player for his paycheque.

But to be brutally honest, since he's playing on our 2nd line, his position is upgradable. If he plays on the 4th line with Kassian/Burrows holding the 1st and 2nd spot, then he is a REALLY good 4th liner for this team.

Higgins' position depends on Kassian at this point. I personally don't think Higgins can be consistent enough to stay on the second line.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#41 TheTruthHurts

TheTruthHurts

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

Umm, he was very impressive the last couple of games. Have you watched them yet?

#42 DooBie604

DooBie604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

Why is it every time I open a thread and think to myself how stupid it is, I look at the thread starter and it's always the same people.

Higgins has been playing well above what he is getting paid. We have a guy that can move up and down the line-up, score the occasional goal, fore check hard and plays well in the defensive zone. He is the epitome of a role player. We can't have a team of Crosbys playing for less than 2M.

#43 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

Do people here think he's a prospect or something? He's a 2-way 3rd line forward. He's a very good player for his paycheque.

But to be brutally honest, since he's playing on our 2nd line, his position is upgradable. If he plays on the 4th line with Kassian/Burrows holding the 1st and 2nd spot, then he is a REALLY good 4th liner for this team.

Higgins' position depends on Kassian at this point. I personally don't think Higgins can be consistent enough to stay on the second line.

Higgins is too good for the 4th line, but not quite good enough for the 2nd. He is our secondary scoring and should be on the 3rd line with Schroeder and Hansen.

As for the bolded...I think most folks around here would say that more of Kassian than Higgins..

#44 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,666 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

Break out? He's 30 in the summer. What you see is what you're going to get.
Posted Image

#45 VancouverStyle

VancouverStyle

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

If Higgins was given a chance to play in a more offensive role for the team he would accumulate more points.
But the coaching staff seems to use him for in defensive situations.

#46 Kevin Biestra

Kevin Biestra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

Eating a lot of pizza and oily foods would probably do the trick.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Biestra speaks. Biestra educates.

Let Canucks management know you want King Richard Brodeur in the Ring of Honour with no further delay! He's been retired for 25 years!

http://forum.canucks...e-king-richard/

#47 Sanford

Sanford

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,424 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

Don't know what you're talking about Higgin has gotten 3 goals in his last 5 games. He seems to be just hitting stride.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.