11 replies to this topic

#1 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

i wish we would have grabbed Orr when Toronto let him go waivers and to the farm last year.

what a beauty.

http://www.hockeyfig...m/fights/116096
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#2 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,379 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

We can only dream of having a legit heavyweight...

Gone are the days when the Canucks were a feared them to play against (physically).

in the WCE era we had May, Brookbank, Allen, Baron and a mean Bertuzzi to intimidate teams.

Now we have Weise and volpatti lol. :sadno:

#3 KING ALBERTS

KING ALBERTS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

why would we need orr? so he can fight the goon on the other team and accomplish nothing? lol... didnt he put florida on the powerplay?
Posted ImagePosted Image

i fel off the banwagon and hit my hed on a rok

#4 ro0

ro0

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

Looked like a packed house eh

Is she a dress wearer or a pants wearer? Could you share a rowboat? Could a rowboat support her? Would an average size rowboat support her without capsizing?

#5 Caboose

Caboose

Marlies Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,343 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

why would we need orr? so he can fight the goon on the other team and accomplish nothing? lol... didnt he put florida on the powerplay?

What does Aaron Volpatti do that Orr doesn't?

Same ice time, same production, but Orr has the intimidation factor.

iM9vOuM.jpg

#6 JoshuaGuy

JoshuaGuy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

Yeah.. That was a boring ass fight. Remindemed me of Hordichuk vs Parros every time we played the ducks. Just big ol haymakers while the spun, landing nothing. We don't need to waste a roster spot on a goon.
Posted Image

#7 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

Looked like a packed house eh

what a joke. empty. can't give tickets away in that market.Fire Bettman.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#8 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

We can only dream of having a legit heavyweight...

Gone are the days when the Canucks were a feared them to play against (physically).

in the WCE era we had May, Brookbank, Allen, Baron and a mean Bertuzzi to intimidate teams.

Now we have Weise and volpatti lol. :sadno:

its a joke. those that are bashing Orr are ignoring the fact that hes been getting lots of ice time and even scoring, big tough nasty hockey players that can intimidate are much needed in Vancouver. we need 2x skilled Super thugs.

#9 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

Would rather have Parros than Orr. The Canucks are so deep at forward that players like Volpatti get such limited ice time. Might as well give that ice time to a guy who can police the game for you.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#10 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,526 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

i wish we would have grabbed Orr when Toronto let him go waivers and to the farm last year.

what a beauty.

http://www.hockeyfig...m/fights/116096

Last year, Colton Orr was overweight and couldn't play in the NHL.

When Orr joined the Marlies last January, Eakins told him bluntly that he would have to trim down, "lighten so that he could move better on the ice". "I was a lot bigger to try and fight more," Orr conceded to TSN.ca, noting a previously beefed-up top half, "but now I know you've got to be able play and the game's changing a bit so I leaned out, put on a lot of muscle and really worked on my skating and my conditioning."

"He looked really heavy to me without even putting him on a scale or anything like that," Eakins recalled of Orr's physique. "[Fighters are] really concerned about their weight and how much they weigh because when push comes to shove in a fight they want to be as strong as they can.

"For me it goes like this," Eakins continued, "if the toughest guy in the NHL, his name's Joe Blow and he's 240 pounds, he's the toughest guy in the NHL. And then three months later he's 225 pounds, do we fear him any less?"

http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/blogs/jonas_siegel/?id=413265

Posted Image

#11 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

Pretty good scrap. Feel bad for those linesman having to get in between those two.
Posted Image

#12 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,723 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

Orr is so scary even Lucic wants to hide behind the ref....If he is in the lineup when Marchant rabbit punched the Sedin, Marchant would probably be still in the IR as of now....lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.