The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

how much would you spend to acquire alfredsson?

billabong

the sens season is all but done with the season ending injury to karlsson and spezza out for the next 2 months atleast so they most likey will be selling their vets like alfie, gonchar and latendresse for assets to help them long term. i know alfie has always respected the elite skill of the sedins and last year at the all star game in ottawa alfie said he always wanted to play with the sedins so i know he would love a chance to win a cup on a line with our all stars. how much would the sens want for him just to give a chance at the cup?

alfie is 40 years old but he can still produce at a steady rate with 5 goals, 10 points in 16 games. he is a UFA at the end of year and is expected to call it quits.

how much would you spend to acquire the sens captain?

personally, i wouldnt ship out anything special or anything that could come back and bite you in the butt because he is a purely rental player.....i know gmmg isnt much of a fan of rentals but i could see him making an exception for the right price

to ott: raymond, 3rd pick 2013, 4th pick 2014

to van: alfredsson

sedin-sedin-alfredsson

burrows-kesler-booth

higgins-schroeder-hansen

weise-lapierre-kassian

hamhuis-edler

garrison-bieksa

ballard-tanev

he solidfies the top 6 because u know what your getting in alfie and you need a solid line up to go all the way...obviously

....and i dont trust raymond to produce consistently in a long playoff run as much as i do with alfie

soooooo what do u think?

Could be a case like Ron Francis in 2003-04. In his last season, the Carolina Hurricanes traded him away for nothing so he could chase a Stanley Cup. He wanted to go to Vancouver or Toronto. Trade happened for a fourth round pick.

I suppose the same thing could happen. Alfredsson to Vancouver for a mid-round pick.

It would be pretty sweet to see the Twins and Alfie on the PP but it really doesnt address any issues we need. He is not a force on the ice as in the past, no real size. Do we really need to waste a pick on an aging superstar ? Yes Alfie has a little left in the tank but I doubt Van would bite on this no matter how cheap we can get him for. I just dont see him keeping up with anyone on our team for foot speed. Yo need to be Hella fast to play in Van.

I'd give up booth straight up (and a pick probably (3 or 4th)).

Booth would have more playing time in Ottawa with either Turris or Spezza it could work. I don't think Booth is in the Canucks long-term plan (buyout this summer?). The money save on Malhotra and a Luongo trade means the canucks have money to go after a top 6 via UFA or Luongo trade this summer, meaning Booth drops to third line.

Alfie would be good for 1 season only probably and I would put him with Kesler and Kassian. Alfie is still a smart player, capable of setting plays, even though he slowed down a bit. Has more playmaking than any linemate Kesler ever had.

Archived