The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wiese or Volpatti?

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Don't really think it matters. Wiese has speed, but was playing with a bit of an edge when he first got here. Now, he's lost that. Volpatti is less experienced.

Either way, I'm with riffraff. I miss the good old days with Odjick. He played with an edge. I miss all the old guys.....Courtnall, Momesso, Gino, etc........we didn't win that much, but we went down swinging. A bit more heart back then.

So, as to the Wiese/Volpatti thing......I'll take either pending who shows more energy.

Those 2 guys are great 4th liners, I'd say keep them intact and see if we can trade Raymond. The guy's an UFA after this season and I'm not sure he'll be returning, so why not try to get something for him? He's gotten off to a good start, I think we might be able to get a 3rd round pick or something

Volpatti hands down for me. I like what he brings to the 4th line. I can't stress that part enough. You don't need 4th liners to make pretty plays and score. You need them to make big clean hits and get some energy in the lineup. A little bit of intimidation is what we need more than soft hands. Plus at least Volpatti can fight, and do it well I might add. I was so impressed with him challenging Reaves against the Blues just to get some emotions going. He plays with heart.

If you look at Day 1 photos volpatti is wearing what looks like a wrist cast or something. Might be injured.

Volpatti clearly understands what his job is and he does it quite well. He's making a name for himself - will make his hits, take responsibility for them and protect his teammates.

I disagree. I think you have to look at the teams identity here. When you have 2 lines that are barely scoring then you need everybody to chip in offensively every now and then. But if you have 3 dangerous lines like we do with the combination of Schroeder, Hansen and Raymond on the 3rd line then I think you can afford to have somebody in your lining who's more on the intimidating side and who's capable of standing up for his teammates and others.

Volpatti, he knows what he's getting paid for, I feel weise try's to be a star once in a while and fails miserably, there both fast, volpatti is tied with lappy for 21st in league with 40 hits and team lead and is a plus 1 where weise isn't far behind at 33 but is a minus 1, pretty sure we see them take turns playing that is if kassian doesn't get sent down instead

Beat me to it; although Volpatti is the better fighter.

I dont get it; one suspension and he's toast? He's certainly the better player.

Maybe the Canucks felt jilted because they signed him and he took half a year to play, or had an addiction... ??? :blink:

He definitely did not have the speed, and as soft as his hands were with the puck, Kass's were better. But last year Kess did not deserve Bitz's spot. I just don't get how he completely disappeared?

Bryon Bitz

Archived