The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Some emotion please!?

kamaole

in what capacity? just because the canucks can beat up on the NW division that means theyve been playing well? cuz from the looks of the last couple games they are a long way off from being a stanley cup final contender. our pp needs work, we rely far too much on our goaltenders to play lightsout, shootouts are pretty much a sure loss since nobody can score apparently..

not to sound pessimistic but holy crap the standings just like stats do not tell the whole story..

The last two games where we've outplayed both Dallas and St. Louis? We out-chanced the Blues 20-9 that game and dominated the 3rd and overtime only to lose in a shootout. We aren't relying on our goaltenders at all, they've had it pretty easy back there. PP has been looking pretty good lately as well, PP goals in 3 out of the last 4 games I believe.

Feel free to continue the doom and gloom though after 2 losses where we outplayed the opponent.

We're 8-3-3...

No wonder so many people are crying, they don't even know what's going on.

again dont mean to sound doom and gloom and ive certainly felt this way for a long time about our club bot just after these recent games.. both games that should have been wins for this team.

honestly im just concerned that these last two losses will turn into more losses before all is said and done.. shortened season and they need to keep up the winning.

No........ I am not referring to team 1040............ I am referring to comments from actual players (active & non) and coaches who have said this here & there over the course of the last couple of years. Please, I don't base my opinion 1040. I base it on the obvious lack of fortitude, energy & 60 min sustained pressure as well as players coming out saying Canucks are soft. I love my team, but the're right. Mentally & physically soft.

wow, some of you already have us in the playoffs. if you think loosing your drive in the middle of a game is a good way to loose. what do you think happens to teams that think they have an easy road to the playoffs?

Honestly, both our coach and captain are monotone emotionless characters so I do not expect a sudden infusion of emotion. I did like the effort level the team has been playing with, unfortunately we've seen as the competition gets better we don't look so good.

Still some changes needed in the forward group.

Archived