Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

where is cam barker?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#31 ahf149

ahf149

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

Mikael Samuelsson
Travis Moen
Kyle Wellwood
Kris Versteeg
Matt Hendricks
Jamie Benn
Rob Scuderi
John-Michael Liles
Marty Turco
Adrian Aucoin
Mikka Kiprusoff
Ryan Miller
Pavel Datsyuk
These are just some there are lots of great 5th round players in the nhl

Yes but he said top six forward or top 2 defencemen lol. There are some names on the list that dont meet his quota
Life is short, LIVE IT

#32 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

Let's put Barker and Vandy in the lineup. That way, Nuck fans would REALLY have something to complain about...

#33 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

Where is Barker you ask? Driving the cab on the taxi squad. It's a good gig..he's making, what, $700K (prorated to 48 games) for that.

#34 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

I don't know about you guys on CDC, but I think the Canucks should just rebuild the team after every loss.

#35 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,431 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

Barker knows his role. Will have to wait for an injury (knock on wood it does not happen)
Posted Image

#36 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

AV does nobody any good by having Alberts and Barker sitting around for more than a quarter of the season. How ready will they be if needed?

Depends on how seriously they take their NHL careers. Vandameer, Alberts and Barker all better be ready at a moments notice if they want to be NHL regulars again one day. All three of these guys will be lucky to get another crack at the NHL and if they do they'd better make the most of it. Right now the only way any of these guys slot in is as a replacement for an injured player. Its better to keep the top-6 playing and getting chemistry night in and night out rather than a rotating d core imo.
Posted Image

#37 Mike Vanderhoek

Mike Vanderhoek

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,604 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

Before Cam Barker got signed by the Canucks he had been let go by an AHL team. He is not very good at hockey anymore, and if he wasn't such a high draft pick he probably wouldn't have even been given another chance in this league. So yeah.

He signed to play in Texas over the lockout rather than play in Europe. The Stars had too many defense of which Barker was not an organizational player so he was bumped so the team could play its assets.

He was not " let go ".

I don't really care what his problems have been off the ice, aslong as he is a good teamate and is absorbing the Canucks culture I am fie with him sitting until he gets his chance, which I suspect is coming soon enough.
Posted Image

#38 cupbearer

cupbearer

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

At least Alberts has some on ice experience with the Canucks and their systems in game situations.
MG likes to load up on D-men, so they know they'll have to be patient, and when the do get on the ice, play well enought to stay there. Our GAA is not just a stat for the goalies, it speaks to our defence as well.

#39 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

Barker is too soft............I don't know why we picked him up in the first place.

Another project?.................are there no projects out there with pushback that GM can latch onto?

Edited by Bodee, 19 February 2013 - 12:18 PM.

Kevin.jpg

#40 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

Alberts was one of our better D tonite, end of a tough stretch i say give Alberts and Barker games, they're fresh and hungry.
Barker is refocused, AV/MG need to get these guys some playing time. our Top 4 seems to want to take nights off so why not.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#41 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

if anyone needs to sit a game it is bieksa, so send Barker in for a game sit Kevin the "B'man" Bieksa and maybe he will turn his game around or hey maybe Barker breaks out and he turn out to be that #3 or whatever overall pick he was.

Cam Barker is honestly not a good hockey player. He is terrible in every advanced stat category known to mankind.

#42 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

He and Vandermeer deserve a shot. Our defence definately hasn't played well enough to deserve sticking for so long.

Garrison needs to play better or he'll be a healthy scratch soon. I know these big guys were brought in mainly for injury insurance, but they should get to compete for roster spots too. Keep the pairings the same for the big Chicago game. If we win that, keep rolling with what we've got. If we lose, I'd like us to trial this:

Edler - Hamhuis
Bieksa - Barker
Ballard - Tanev

There is a reason why Andrew Alberts got the nod over both of those guys....

#43 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

Cam Barker is honestly not a good hockey player. He is terrible in every advanced stat category known to mankind.

26 years old, healthy, focused, not injured, chomping at the bit, i would give him a look soon. need to know if he can step up.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#44 ba;;isticsports

ba;;isticsports

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

I agree to a point in trying some of our non used dmen in some games while Bieska is out, in order to see how they will do in a game situation.
You may need to package one of the leagues highest paid collectively defencemen in a trade (if thats what the trade requires)
I dont see many of our defencemen moving out big forwards come playoff time and if these other guys show they are capable to fill in for injuries,then it makes it easier to make that trade I would think

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.