Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carlweezer

**No Response to Backes?**

75 posts in this topic

I agree that it would of been nice to see a response against backes . I wonder if the snacks thought they would get a powerplay and didn't want to take a penalty. Bad non cell definitely by the refs especially after Raymonds was called back against Dallas

No. Attacking and beating the sh*t out of Backes would have been a normal, and appropriate response.

You must think we are blood hungry because you are used to this disgraceful non responsive behavior this team is known for.

if Luongo didn't go down like a stack of cards every time someone breezes by him, I'm sure people would be more inclined to defend him when he's 'hit'

It was an odd turn of events. Didn't you notice Backes turning around and protesting before he realised he wasn't going to the box. The team was pretty stunned.

Also the disturbing trend I see is that we may still be on double secret probation. Everytime someone hits one of our players from behind if a canuck even pushes the offender we are on the PK.

No. Attacking and beating the sh*t out of Backes would have been a normal, and appropriate response.

You must think we are blood hungry because you are used to this disgraceful non responsive behavior this team is known for.

Nobody even batted an eye at that. It was a complete joke. Fu*king rush the guy.

Judging from the responses I guess that all CDCers would love a goalie who can fight. AV can't bench the goalie can he?

Judging from the responses I guess that all CDCers would love a goalie who can fight. AV can't bench the goalie can he?

We should sign Dwayne Roloson for our next game vs St.louis.

We'll lose 10-9 but he'll lose his mind once or twice in net.

So what if Backes bumps Lu a little, nine times out of ten we go on a PP there. Charging in and roughing him up cancels out the powerplay and serves no purpose. When Rooney decides the Canucks can get f***ed, then it'd be a powerplay for them! Why do you want to put the Blues on the powerplay? They were converting at more than 40%! Your pointless eye-for-an-eye attitude would have had a 50% chance of costing us a point, at least! An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind...