The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**No Response to Backes?**

carlweezer

I dont care if it was accidental, why didnt anybody even lay a finger on Backes? Who cares if we take a penalty! We need to show the league we have team toughness and that nobody accidental or on purpose can touch or get anywhere near our 2 elite goalies..... I dont care if someone jumped him and took a 5 and a game and STL goes on to score 4 PP goals... Does it really matter if we lose on a Sunday night vs a non Division Team??? is there any doubt that we're not going to win this Division?

Standing up for eachother can unite and propel a team together. This is what I think separates the Canucks from being Elite.

You think A Canuck can run Rask, Quick or Lundqvist without re precautions ?

Because the guys that would have got their licking in were sat due to being down a goal.

We can thank AV for that. I was going to call in and tell Moj this. This team gets their identity from their coach. Let's face it, AV is the type of coach who rarely displays any emotion on his sleeve. His mentality for as long as he has been here is turn the other cheek. Remember when we were told that Kassian was a mean guy? Remember when Kassian said he likes to stick up for his teammates? Why was he benched. Yes I understand that he wasn't having the greatest game, but what's the point of having someone who is mean and would actually do something about the situation on the bench?

What about Volpatti? HELL EVEN DALE WEISE? There was no response due to our coach's mentality...I like AV as a coach, but when it comes to crap like this, we're a team that basically tucks our tail between our own two legs because of him. Remember when he held Kassian back last year on the shoulder....

Don't blame the players, blame AV for instilling this type of mentality of "look the other way". It doesn't matter who we trade for if this the type of coaching they're going to get. AV needs to let those guys go when crap like this happens.

Edit: This isn't a fire AV post rather AV change your damn mentality and show a little bit of emotion so your players play the game with the same type of intensity. You go to war for your players, and they'll go to war for you. That's how successful teams have been successful. The only time AV has gone after anyone was David Bolland....while that was witty, I'm sick of how he's so soft-spoken.

I agree that it would of been nice to see a response against backes . I wonder if the snacks thought they would get a powerplay and didn't want to take a penalty. Bad non cell definitely by the refs especially after Raymonds was called back against Dallas

It was an odd turn of events. Didn't you notice Backes turning around and protesting before he realised he wasn't going to the box. The team was pretty stunned.

Also the disturbing trend I see is that we may still be on double secret probation. Everytime someone hits one of our players from behind if a canuck even pushes the offender we are on the PK.

So what if Backes bumps Lu a little, nine times out of ten we go on a PP there. Charging in and roughing him up cancels out the powerplay and serves no purpose. When Rooney decides the Canucks can get f***ed, then it'd be a powerplay for them! Why do you want to put the Blues on the powerplay? They were converting at more than 40%! Your pointless eye-for-an-eye attitude would have had a 50% chance of costing us a point, at least! An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind...

Archived