The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**No Response to Backes?**

carlweezer

^^^Sarcasm?

15 games into the season and the nux are already eating $hat sandwiches. I don't know if the team doesn't care, is fractured or just lacks backbone. It is disheartening as a fan to watch your goalie get run and NO-ONE does ANYTHING. about it.

Anyone saying "We'll get them on the pp is out to lunch."

This team is soft/weak/feline. It makes me sad to say that butiti is 100% true. Get rid of some of these gutless swedes and apathetic american players and bring in some Canadians who know what it takes to win and stand up for each other.

It'slike Naslund left a legacy of pussyfoot softness and we can't shake it. Pathetic.

What a bunch of chickencraps you guys all are. Scared little children.

Response to everything with you guys is go apecrap and start hunting for blood. Idiots.

By the way, you get 2 points for a win regardless of whether it is a divsional game or not. It means something.

Look at Chicago's response to Torres.

Look at the Canuck's response to Keith.

Which team is considered soft?

Which team is a recent cup winner?

That's part of why I think we will never win a cup. A team like Boston just has to drag it down to the gutter. The mentality of turn the other cheek will not work. The refs will not keep the game even, or safe, or fair in the playoffs.

It's a physical game so get physical when opposing players take liberties. We don't need a Bertuzzi incident, but some line has to be drawn.

That's part of why I think we will never win a cup. A team like Boston just has to drag it down to the gutter. The mentality of turn the other cheek will not work. The refs will not keep the game even, or safe, or fair in the playoffs.

It's a physical game so get physical when opposing players take liberties. We don't need a Bertuzzi incident, but some line has to be drawn.

Instead of putting us down on the PK by starting a scrap. How about reply in a manner that helps us win. Like pounding the crap out of the opposition with hits? Nice clean bodychecks that show we mean business, without dropping the gloves.

Or does that make too much sense?

I dont care if it was accidental, why didnt anybody even lay a finger on Backes? Who cares if we take a penalty! We need to show the league we have team toughness and that nobody accidental or on purpose can touch or get anywhere near our 2 elite goalies..... I dont care if someone jumped him and took a 5 and a game and STL goes on to score 4 PP goals... Does it really matter if we lose on a Sunday night vs a non Division Team??? is there any doubt that we're not going to win this Division?

Standing up for eachother can unite and propel a team together. This is what I think separates the Canucks from being Elite.

You think A Canuck can run Rask, Quick or Lundqvist without re precautions ?

We've got a pretty soft team from the third line up. Compare that to Backes.

You don't really get hockey, do you? David Backes is never going to fight Dale Weise unless he gets tackled to the ice. Our fourth liners can handle most guys BECAUSE they're fourth liners.

Archived