The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**No Response to Backes?**

carlweezer

Look at his fights, and who he fights. Kassian, Volpatti and Bieksa could handle him NO problem. Heck, even Dale Weise would probably fair well.

Yeah, super tough Backes absolutely beats up the ever intimidating enforcer known as Justin Faulk.... :rolleyes:(that was his ONLY fight last year).

Do some research before you say Backes is tougher then anyone on our team. We are soft, but we aren't THAT soft.

I don't watch my hockey on you-tube.

Nobody who understands the game would call David Backes soft.

Assuming the various players in question suddenly developed message board angst and tried to respond to Backes over what was really a minor incident, we'd have seen little more than an extended scrum.

There are reasons that the people who play the game make the decisions that they do. Go back to your research and tell me how many of Backes' fights were initiated by his opponent.

Justin Falk is not Justin Faulk btw.

For some reason, and it escapes me as to why, but the referees have chosen to never call a goalie interference penalty when somebody crashed into Luongo. It has happened countless times, so in one sense, I do understand your frustration and if "vigilante justice" is the only way to prevent it from happening again, then hey, maybe it's worth a shot.

On the other hand, those 2 points, which WERE still in reach, are the top priority. And what it shows is that our team is disciplined, which is admirable, although sometimes to a fault. They just have to find a balance, and choose their battles wisely, which is what it seems they have been doing!

I got an idea lets trade our team for: Parros, Orr, Brown, Konopka, Marchand, Rupp, Boll, Prust, Thornton, Clune, Rinaldo, Carcillo, Ott, Scott, Lucic, Tootoo, Clarkson, Neil, Bissonnette, and Cooke.

Maybe then when another player runs into Luongo they'll pay big time...

...and in the off-season we can play golf.

:picard:

Lets just stick with the team we have, we were down a goal in a tight game and a response would have likely not gotten us the one point we got. This season, every point counts.

i was more pissed off at pietrangelo, I was at the game and that boarding call was f***ing ridiculous, same with polak. 2 minutes for roughing?! it was a check to the head! The officiating was terrible.

The crowd was furious when lu got ran over, but when Kes got that first hit to him, people were ready to go over there and tear the guy apart by themselves.

Because the guys that would have got their licking in were sat due to being down a goal.

We can thank AV for that. I was going to call in and tell Moj this. This team gets their identity from their coach. Let's face it, AV is the type of coach who rarely displays any emotion on his sleeve. His mentality for as long as he has been here is turn the other cheek. Remember when we were told that Kassian was a mean guy? Remember when Kassian said he likes to stick up for his teammates? Why was he benched. Yes I understand that he wasn't having the greatest game, but what's the point of having someone who is mean and would actually do something about the situation on the bench?

What about Volpatti? HELL EVEN DALE WEISE? There was no response due to our coach's mentality...I like AV as a coach, but when it comes to crap like this, we're a team that basically tucks our tail between our own two legs because of him. Remember when he held Kassian back last year on the shoulder....

Don't blame the players, blame AV for instilling this type of mentality of "look the other way". It doesn't matter who we trade for if this the type of coaching they're going to get. AV needs to let those guys go when crap like this happens.

Edit: This isn't a fire AV post rather AV change your damn mentality and show a little bit of emotion so your players play the game with the same type of intensity. You go to war for your players, and they'll go to war for you. That's how successful teams have been successful. The only time AV has gone after anyone was David Bolland....while that was witty, I'm sick of how he's so soft-spoken.

Archived