The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

VANCOUVER-PHILIDELPHIA

Luongo + Hansen + a 1st gets you almost any player in the League.

Luongo is more valuable than Voracek. Perhaps Philly wouldn't part with him in a trade for Luongo because of the discrepancies in age and contract status. But I doubt Philly would hesitate to trade Voracek for Schneider (assuming they part ways with Bryzgalov). And Luongo as of now is playing better hockey than Schneider.

That philly/pitts matchup sure brings out the best in their goaltenders.

:bigblush:

I'm not that interested in Vorachek considering Jensen is gonna be better.

Give us that kid who gets only 35.8% ozone starts, faces the 3rd strongest quality of competition on the Flyers, and still has his head above water at 10th on the Flyers with a +0.9 relative corsi.

Exactly what this team needs. What's it gonna take?

His 3 years aged 18-21 as a Blue Jacket should be noted. Reality is no team is as good as the Blue Jackets at ruining prospects.

Q: Since entering the NHL in 2000 how many players drafted by the CBJ's have played in at least 1 all star game?

A: 1 Player. (Rick Nash)

Q: Since entering the NHL in 2000 how many top 10 picks have the CBJ had?

A: 11 Picks.

They really have a joke of a farm system and Voracek's growth was likely stunted coming out of an organization that has had 0.009% of there drafted players go on to be all stars.

It can also be noted that in his last 29 games (11 playoff) he has 28 points averaging only 16:05 minutes of ice this season and 15:58 minutes in last years playoffs. It should also be noted that all 18 of his goals were even strength only Hartnell (21) and Giroux (22) had more on the team.

Though you were somewhat correct, Voracek is a playmaker not a sniper so his goal totals haven't been and probably never will be team leading numbers. His strength is having a big body but tremendous speed and puck control. You really have to watch him play throughout the games though. Though his final goal against the Penguins was ugly that whole opperunity happened because he just dangled his way into the Penguins zone, something he does regularly. Last season though his numberous weren't scary he became a very dangerous looking player with how he was able to generate scoring oppertunities, he just needed work on finishing.

IMO just as someone who sees him play often this isn't a flukey streak, even if he doesn't maintain a PPG pace he looks to be getting better and has ever since he joined the Flyers. Luongo is still better then Jake but Jake's value is on the rise and his potential only adds to his value where as Luongo's contract still burdens his value.

We'd rather go for 3rd or 4th line wingers, picks, and prospects to increase our future depth, rather than go all-in for a 80% certain forward. Do you seriously think Voracek could be the panacea for our ailing defense, goaltending controversy, and developing chemistry?

I apologize for the mix up I did not mean to imply I like this trade. I was mainly defending Voracek as the poster I was responding to was downgrading his value because he has been in the NHL 5 seasons and he only scored 18 goals last year. I was more so just implying that value wise it isn't so farfetched a proposal.

Voracek wouldn't fix all of the issues in Vancouver but I do think he could help with some. Obvious in this deal the goalie contraversey would end (though I don't see Philadelphia touching Luongo's contract unless they can move Bryz). He may also help with chemisty, it's hard to say if it would work as it's all hypothetical but he is a natural playmaker and his speed and dangles draw attention as he can push into the opposing teams zone often easily. Philadelphia has not isolated him to any specific teammates ether, he gets moved around and seems to adapt well. I always thought a player like him would work well with Kesler personally.

If I was Vancouver and Voracek was an option for a return player I would still explore my other options but it would be a deal I gave realistic consideration. On the flip side moving Luongo for multiple bottom 6 wingers and draft picks doesn't guarentee chemisty ether, it could be just as disruptive with multiple new personalities coming onto the team and pushing multiple personalities out of the locker room. It's hard to predict those things.

:)

To smoothen my previous statement; I have come here to the proposals & arm-wrestling area in hope of joining discussions on proposals numerous times. But every time I collect myself and come here to find stuff I always seem to find argument about absurd proposals and people insulting each other and measure d*cks & IQ. It would be nice to have a good discussion/debate over something for once, even if it is a proposal filled with some hope for a miracle. And without exaggerated aggression that is.

Archived