The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are the antics back?

verybcman

With Kesler back and him + Burrows in full force, is it just me, or are the diving and flopping antics back? There were evidence of those - methinks - in the last game.

As much as I hate it when they lose - and will continue to support them no matter what - I'd still want the team to play with integrity. Don't care if other teams are not.

If you're talking about right at the end of the game where the Canucks drew like 3 or 4 penalties .. those were all penalties. Kesler may have embellished a LITTLE bit on that boarding/hitting from behind call, but he was hit on the numbers with his face towards the boards so it was a penalty regardless.

If you're talking about right at the end of the game where the Canucks drew like 3 or 4 penalties .. those were all penalties. Kesler may have embellished a LITTLE bit on that boarding/hitting from behind call, but he was hit on the numbers with his face towards the boards so it was a penalty regardless.

If the Canucks were diving, why is it that I saw more Blues on the ice than Canucks?

If the Canucks were diving, the refs would have called it - for the last 2 games the refs have been calling the Canucks for breathing on the opposition.

It's unfortunate but with the shoddy quality of reffing in the NHL these days, I can almost see why one would resort to embellishing.

I was watching the Ducks/Jackets game yesterday and one of the Ducks got poked in the face with a stick. It was definitely a high stick but not a vicious cut to the face, yet the player still grabbed his face like he was in a world of pain. I honestly didn't see someone who was being a baby, I saw someone who didn't trust the ref one bit to make the call on his own and took measures to make it visible to the ref that he had been hit in the face with a stick.

RE: the original post, I didn't see any of that last game. Just wanted to make that point.

Archived