49 replies to this topic

#31 Hunter.S-Kerouac

Hunter.S-Kerouac

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

For goodness sake! Enough of looking for faults in our own players.

There are plenty of journalists doing that for us. Let's stick together.

Don't you make negative threads all the time??

#32 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,581 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

For goodness sake! Enough of looking for faults in our own players.

There are plenty of journalists doing that for us. Let's stick together.

Surely there's room to discuss players, good or bad, though?

Having said that, it's a bit of a stretch to make this much of a real topic.

#33 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

dont feed the troll

Posted Image

#34 Hunter.S-Kerouac

Hunter.S-Kerouac

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

So how about that Patrick Sharp, taking a stick and high-sticking himself... Bet nobody talks about that.

I thought that was awesome. It was creative underhanded weaselry almost as good as Koivu stealing Burrs glove it adds to the entertainment. If the opposition wants to beat themselves in the face with sticks I for one am all for it.

#35 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

Troll

756ac80c-8542-42cd-b771-2d57edda5a59.jpg

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#36 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,357 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

So how about that Patrick Sharp, taking a stick and high-sticking himself... Bet nobody talks about that.

I saw Kessel take his own stick in the face, complete with all the dramatics you'd expect - dropped out of the play in progress to put on a display that looked pretty stupid when the replay reveals who's stick it was in his face...

Edited by oldnews, 19 February 2013 - 02:17 PM.

#37 Centmo

Centmo

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

Haven't watched the replay, but at the time I thought Kesler saw the hit was coming and turned his back just a little bit. Is that diving or embellishing? I don't think so, but I'd prefer he didn't do it. Refs have an up-close view of these things and get a pretty good idea of how certain players play. Players get reputations for themselves and it affects future calls. I think this is why we were so screwed by the reffing in the BOS-VAN final.

#38 VicNuckleHead09

VicNuckleHead09

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

Shut up.

+1 to you sir
Posted Image
"Louuuuuuuuuu!" - Last game Attended: Vancouver vs. Penguins
Email me

#39 Silfverberg Snipes

Silfverberg Snipes

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

The Canucks have become famous for diving and whining. There's really nothing much we can do except for accept it and embrace it.

Luongo ... :picard:

Sig too big. 

#40 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,706 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

You mean that game against Dallas where the penalties in the second were 6-3 against us? Here's what I want - I want the refs to oversee the game with integrity. I want the penalties to either not be called at all (did you not notice how great that was?....where, in the first the pace of the game was fantastic? Let's do more of that) or called consistently on both sides.

Until then, we're lucky they don't use bull and airhorns to get the refs' attention. I don't like diving either, but didn't really notice anything that every single other team doesn't do.

Burr and Kes play with their hearts on their sleeves (Lu too)....with drive, determination, passion and intensity. So a bi-product of that is that everything is intensified and, in some cases, over dramatized. Hard to rein it in when you're fully engaged.

Posted Image

#41 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

The Canucks have become famous for diving and whining. There's really nothing much we can do except for accept it and embrace it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_68fQgWQbPs

only famous for being labeled that way. every time we retaliate, the zebras go nuts and give out penalties. just watch tonight, one of our boys will retaliate, then the ref will send him to the box.

Posted Image

#42 Nard-1

Nard-1

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

Speaking of "gamesmanship" anybody else laugh at Kesler complaining about the ice in the shootout, trying to psych out the noob goalie. Didn't work very well did it?

Kesler wasn't complaining, the refs asked him they wanted them to go over that spot on the ice again and kesler said it was fine
Record at Canucks Games: 6-3-2 . 2 Shutouts

#43 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_68fQgWQbPs

I missed that 'hit' while watching the game, but man was that brutal to watch. Embellishment by Backes for steam rolling Luongo on that soft shove by Bieksa and embellishment on Luongo for his grand impersonation of the Berlin Wall. The refs will call a fair game when the teams start playing a fair game. I hate this diving crap.

#44 Kesler the Beast

Kesler the Beast

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

People on here telling the OP to shut up and he is a troll need to open their eyes. Yes both plays on Kesler were penalties but yo're either lying to your self or in denial if you don't think he embellished on both those calls. I'm with the OP here, I love kesler and really think he is the heart and soul of this team but the antics have to stop.

I'm gonna go out on a whim here and say the reason we lost in the finals is because we took our attention off of playing hockey and on to drawing calls from the refs. Yes Boston got away with murder and we should of had way more calls go our way but we didn't. We cannot as a team let that stuff get to us and start trying to draw calls. We have to become more mentally tough and overcome that crap and find a way to win.The problem is if the leaders on the team do it what kind of example is it setting for the rest of the team? that attitude becomes contagious.

If the Canucks want any chance of winning the cup they are gonna have to fight through the abuse from the other team and toughen up mentally and stay focused on winning the game instead of trying to get calls. This team has all the talent and pieces to win a cup they just have to play the game the right way.

Edited by Kesler the Beast, 19 February 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#45 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

Sorry.

Was too busy watching Kes trying to kick ass and take names.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#46 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,872 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

He looked fine to me...

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#47 gocanuckzgo

gocanuckzgo

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

lol @ delusional folks on here who think we don't dive.

Yes, Kesler is back and so his diving is back as well. Burrows has been better from what I can tell, but he still dives as well.

#48 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

80% of the players in the league embellish a little here and there.
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:5584]

#49 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

80% of the players in the league embellish a little here and there.

Indeed.

Toews gets away with it quite a bit, even tonight.

Wish the refs called it more.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#50 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

With Kesler back and him + Burrows in full force, is it just me, or are the diving and flopping antics back? There were evidence of those - methinks - in the last game.

As much as I hate it when they lose - and will continue to support them no matter what - I'd still want the team to play with integrity. Don't care if other teams are not.

I didn't really notice much diving. Every team embellishes. It was the usual amount. Kesler's diving penalty was given to him on reputation. I've seen much worse dives go unpenalized.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.