Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JimLahey

SOTW 110 - Lundqvist

14 posts in this topic

35i4zn6.jpg

c&c?

I think it is my best so far.

edit: Will be my SOTW entry. Made today but posted before the thread.

Hopefully it gets more than 1 pity vote (thanks avelanch)

Definitely your best. You're improving. :)

Although it looks nice, I personally think a goalie sig looks better if the goalie is doing something goalie-like.

Definitely your best. You're improving. :)

I like it, good colour and the text fits well. The only thing I'd have to say at all (apart from maybe the choice of image for Lundqvist as mentioned) is the render is a little sharp on the edges. Just a little blending/blurring of the edges might do the trick.

Not sure if it was intentional either, but his body disappears below the stick. It makes me think of a floating torso.

I like it, good colour and the text fits well. The only thing I'd have to say at all (apart from maybe the choice of image for Lundqvist as mentioned) is the render is a little sharp on the edges. Just a little blending/blurring of the edges might do the trick.

Not sure if it was intentional either, but his body disappears below the stick. It makes me think of a floating torso.

Love the font and sig combination. I'd suggest slightly thickening the font and sig will be perfect.

Don't thicken the font...

Don't thicken the font...

Yeah, the render may not have been the best. But I am working on rendering and have been using older renders from a site.

http://www.sportzin...._1316316598.png

I used this render, kind of at a weird angle.

Ah, I see why his body's missing now. It is a weird angle.

I know you can select with a slightly fuzzy edge when copy/pasting a render to try and hide the sharpness. You'd have to paste it into the editing tool you use then select the whole image (minus the transparent background) with that fuzzy edge and even if it's one pixel it might be enough.

Nice job, I can see lots of improvement. Definitely took me a while to figure the basics, but you seem to be learning fast!

Keep up the great work.

Whatever, it's not 100% great but 97-98%. Still good job.