The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where does Kassian fit in with Booth returning?

CanuckLeaf

I don't know if this has been discussed before but I am curious to know which line Kassian would fit into when everyone is healthy. Burrows has been doing well with the Sedins and deserves to play with them. The third line of Hansen/Schroeder/Raymond has great chemistry and AV seems to like them as well. That leaves the 2nd and 4th line. I really doubt Booth will be played on the 4th line...so that only leaves one spot for either Kassian and Higgins on the 2nd. Neither are 4th line players, I would hate to see Kassian on the 4th but Higgins is more consistent. Which line do you guys think Kassian should be on?

Kassian will probably play the 4th line tonight, maybe see some shuffling from AV. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the second or third. They're in the mad house, so AV might slot him in with the twins for a couple shifts to add a physical element. long story short, hes going to get shuffled :lol:

One of his best qualities is his versatility, I think with a player like him he can move up and down the lines as needed and will slot in nicely. If thing get a bit rough with the twins he can step in, and if the 3rd line needs a bit more grit he can fit in there to.

If Kas can learn to be better in front of the net looking for rebounds and tipping pucks instead of just screening the goalie, I can see him as being very useful on a Booth-Kesler line as they like to shoot and having a big net presence who can tip the shots or chase rebounds would net that line a ton of goals. Right now I don't think Kas has the instincts to find loose pucks in front of the net but that will come with experience.

From what I've seen of projected lines, Booth may be on the 4th with Lapierre and Weise for a game to get his legs back. It looks like Kassian will be on the 3rd with Higgins and Schroeder. That leaves Raymond and Hansen with Kesler and Burrows with the Twins.

But really, he can move up and down the lineup on the RW depending on what we need at a given time (and how he's playing at that moment, AV loves a hot hand).

Interesting that AV is choosing to change the speed line, I thought that line would stick for sheezy. Kesler coming in sure does change the mojo instantly eh?! If Booth is going to play the 4th I would rather see a line of Higgins Kesler Kassian but what do I know? AV is the man with the plan so here's hoping it pays off.

Let's hand Chicago their first regulation loss tonight BOYZ!!! Go Canucks Go :towel::towel:

Don't understand why he's not getting to play second line, CDCers have been talking about how he isn't proven yet, but I think his possession and offensive awareness are seriously being discredited by both fans and staff alike.

I'm sorry but Hansen didn't fit the bill either.

Archived