The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where does Kassian fit in with Booth returning?

CanuckLeaf

I don't know if this has been discussed before but I am curious to know which line Kassian would fit into when everyone is healthy. Burrows has been doing well with the Sedins and deserves to play with them. The third line of Hansen/Schroeder/Raymond has great chemistry and AV seems to like them as well. That leaves the 2nd and 4th line. I really doubt Booth will be played on the 4th line...so that only leaves one spot for either Kassian and Higgins on the 2nd. Neither are 4th line players, I would hate to see Kassian on the 4th but Higgins is more consistent. Which line do you guys think Kassian should be on?

I actually don't mind Kassian playing on the 4th line. He's probably the only player on the roster who can be demoted to the 4th line and still be effective, what with his physical game and all. Also, it seems Kassian's physicality rubs off on Lapierre when they're playing together so it makes for an altogether beastly 4th line, which will be nice to have tonight against the Blackhawks.

I just wish it was Volpatti in, instead of Weise.

Volpatti - Lapierre - Kassian

^ That line would wreak havoc on the Blackhawks!

Booth probably won't end the night on the fourth line knowing AV. He should get some 2nd unit powerplay time too.

And Weise is in over Volpatti because he kills penalties.

As for Kassian, he's gotta be given some more games with the Sedins. We need that option in the playoffs, otherwise if we end up going up against a tough team, the Sedins and Burrows are gonna get pushed around.

Glad the speed line stays intact. For Raymond's sake, and for Schroeder's development, that is all I ask.

Kassian and Burrows should be interchangeable, depending on the situation. If the Hawks start playing rough, and Bolland starts acting like a POS, don't be shocked to see Kassian move up.

Archived