The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So, what's going on?

Infanteer

Well, we know what's going on - it's the usual slumping; any team has its highs and lows. However, since Kesler (and now Booth) returned 3 games ago:

1. Secondary scoring has dried up to nothing (5 on 5 at least);

2. The outstanding goalie tandem has slipped (going from 1 GPG, roughly, to 3, roughly);

3. That ironclad defence that was being touted as fallen apart.

We ain't in a Washington Capitals world of hurt, but there is definately some discomfort with the Canucks.

Obviously, if we could fix all three, it'd be great, but what is the most alarming of these three tendencies and how do we fix it to get out of the slump?

Scheider played I think his best game yet and if it wasn't for him this game would be a blowout, imagine if Lou was in net tonight.

I honestly think our D is what's dragging us down. I don't really blame our players too much (although I would love to see Tanev and Ballard play huge minutes #JustSaying), I blame our D coaching strategy. All these pinches are killing us. Every time they go to pinch they get burned yet we keep sticking to that style. Play DEFENCE!!!!!

All in all we squeezed a point out of an amazingly good team and it was highly entertaining.

Well, we know what's going on - it's the usual slumping; any team has its highs and lows. However, since Kesler (and now Booth) returned 3 games ago:

1. Secondary scoring has dried up to nothing (5 on 5 at least);

2. The outstanding goalie tandem has slipped (going from 1 GPG, roughly, to 3, roughly);

3. That ironclad defence that was being touted as fallen apart.

We ain't in a Washington Capitals world of hurt, but there is definately some discomfort with the Canucks.

Obviously, if we could fix all three, it'd be great, but what is the most alarming of these three tendencies and how do we fix it to get out of the slump?

This team just seems to be coasting. They're winning or in games because Gillis has assembled a pretty talented and deep group. But I don't think AV's message is getting across anymore, the team wants to win, but just isn't giving it their all.

Then again we were 1 SO goal away from having a huge comeback win, but again I think it was more of the talent rising than any change in tactics by AV

So let the Hawks peak now....we'll get rolling. Likely just at the right time, if you consider that two of our key players are just returning. Let them get in synch and things should improve. The d too - in a funk, but I don't expect it to last forever.

Same thing as last year. If Sedins aren't going- pretty likely no one else on the team is going to score.

Defensive breakdowns after breakdowns- at a point it's clearly not just the players. There are SYSTEMATIC ISSUES which are blatantly obvious to teams with the skill level the Hawks have.

Scheider played I think his best game yet and if it wasn't for him this game would be a blowout, imagine if Lou was in net tonight.

I honestly think our D is what's dragging us down. I don't really blame our players too much (although I would love to see Tanev and Ballard play huge minutes #JustSaying), I blame our D coaching strategy. All these pinches are killing us. Every time they go to pinch they get burned yet we keep sticking to that style. Play DEFENCE!!!!!

All in all we squeezed a point out of an amazingly good team and it was highly entertaining.

Archived