Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Did Kesler Upset the Balance (Team Chemistry)? We Win without him!

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

This team was on a real roll prior to Kesler returning to the line up, i'm just wondering if you guys feel like the reason for the team struggles right now are contributed to Kesler being inserted into the line up and messing up all the good we had going.

I just feel like outside of the powerplay, he tries to do way too much by himself still and you can see how quiet Raymond and Hansen become when they play with him. He still tries to be a one man army and puck hogs.

Kesler back change the entire team mentality into a run and gun, no defense game? Kind of odd how bad our D and goaltending is and how it's switched on a dime.

I thought he would add stability but he seems to have made things worse, no one other than the Sedin line has any sort of chemsistry or offensive pressure.

Thoughts?

Edited by The Dark Knight, 02 March 2013 - 10:44 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

Hawks are better. Its not kesler.
Posted Image
Drouin#27 Halifax Mooseheads Star

Credit to Canucks Top Scorer

#3 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

I think he did a bit, but we will pick it up in a couple games from now, AV just has to keep rolling 4 lines and we will get through it.

Edited by 406281dylan, 19 February 2013 - 09:13 PM.

#4 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

Welllll he's got another point tonight, and I know since he's been in the line-up we've looked shaky but...

I think it has more to do with AV. If AV played his cards right, the lines that were clicking (The speed line) would have been left unchanged, but he didn't and all of our forwards have had different line-mates literally every other shift making it very difficult for timing, and chemistry to develope.

So it's AV's fault, not Kesler's
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#5 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

Yes, Of course he did. A Selke winning 2nd line Center will do that.

#6 samurai

samurai

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

this post is a classic example of posting before the fat lady sings. 3-3

#7 Herberts Vasiljevs

Herberts Vasiljevs

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

It's been psycologically proven that people think they're smarter when they have something negative to say rather than positive things, because they believe they just know right.

Typical CDC.

oif7li.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuckfor the awesome sig!

#8 Mata10

Mata10

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

We also stopped playing NW teams...

#9 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

It's possible, but if true the Canucks are just gonna have to get used to it and reestablish the chemistry. He's one of our best players so it's not like we can keep him out of the lineup.

#10 ~AngelBelle~

~AngelBelle~

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

This team was on a real roll prior to Kesler returning to the line up, i'm just wondering if you guys feel like the reason for the team struggles right now are contributed to Kesler being inserted into the line up and messing up all the good we had going.

I just feel like outside of the powerplay, he tries to do way too much by himself still and you can see how quiet Raymond and Hansen become when they play with him. He still tries to be a one man army and puck hogs.

Kesler back change the entire team mentality into a run and gun, no defense game? Kind of odd how bad our D and goaltending is and how it's switched on a dime.

I thought he would add stability but he seems to have made things worse, no one other than the Sedin line has any sort of chemsistry or offensive pressure.

Thoughts?

I have been shouting at my screen for the exact same purpose of this post. Raymond/Shroeder/Hansen were on FIRE for the last ten games in offensive capabilities and defensively reliable. Besides, I find Kesler working best with booth/higgins/kassian/other wingers anyways...kesler + raymond simply has not work since kesler's change in style 2 yrs ago

#11 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,850 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

No, Kesler just showed up when we started playing competitive teams.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#12 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,728 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

hes a good guy to have around come playoffs

#13 VicNuckleHead09

VicNuckleHead09

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

Yes and No, He did upset the lines that have been established since the start of the season. It is going to take some time for the players to find where each other is on the ice. No he didn't upset the team chemistry though. They just got Kes back from a long injury. They also just got Booth back from an injury. This thread could easily be called, did returning players upset chemistry and most likely without the future flaming your going to get for mentioning Kesler. Give it 5 games and this team is going to start ripping it up again.
Posted Image
"Louuuuuuuuuu!" - Last game Attended: Vancouver vs. Penguins
Email me

#14 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

Good ol' CDC.

RIP LB RR PD

#15 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,531 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

He is no where near his top form yet. Give him time

#16 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Yes, Of course he did. A Selke winning 2nd line Center will do that.

Crosby's return last year was only beneficial before the Penguins began to switch their lines. The Penguins didn't play well once Bylsma decided to put Crosby back on the first line by changing up his line combinations..I don't think the problem is too serious. The team just needs to get used to playing with new linemates

Edited by monkeydluffy, 19 February 2013 - 09:40 PM.

tumblr_lv6jbk180f1r5jtugo1_250.gif  Kirby_eats_a_watermelon.gif 

#17 Canuck hero

Canuck hero

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

lol no kesler didn't upset the balance.... we wern't facing real competion ... we were beating up teams in our own division.....hawks winning record we lose... stlouis winning record we lose... dallas only a couple of points behind us toss up... what i have been noticing is alot of disappearance acts by the whole canuck team.... this should stand out to management that this team isn't good enough yet... but i know it won't and i know no changes will be made since trade deadline is april 3 this year....
Posted Image

#18 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

No.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#19 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

Crosby's return last year was only beneficial before the Penguins began to switch their lines. The Penguins didn't play well once Bylsma decided to put Crosby back on the first line by changing up his line combinations..I don't think the problem is too serious. The team just needs to get used to playing with new linemates

I think the problem is the quality of opposition, not Canucks line combos.

#20 N4ZZY

N4ZZY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

I think it has upset the balance of the team in terms of chemistry.

but I think they just need some time to redevelop some chemistry, because Kes has got some different linemates.

Personally. I'd stick Booth, with Kes, and then put a playmaker winger there. Like a Hansen.

But Hansen, Raymond and Schroeder were playing so well together before Kes' return.

Hopefully, this three game slide is over soon.

#21 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,482 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

It's an interesting question; probably a bit...

Schroeder and Raymond don't look the same; not doubt in part because they are not on the ice in the same circumstance.

Goes to an argument I have been posting; do we really have all the right roles when we are all on hands on deck? If Schroeder and Raymond aren't on the ice in offensive situations, do they help us from the 3rd line?

Now QFT; Kesler has been good, Booth also played hard tonight. Them playing the same role Schroeder was before Kess came back did not tip anything in the wrong direction. The Hawks are just better, so are the Blues and Stars, than the NW rivals we were facing when we went on our streak.

I do believe we have to pull a trade, maybe two, to come up to the level of the leagues current big boys!

If there was an argument; I would suggest Burrows made the 2knd line better and who cares if Danny is not scoring if Kassian is? Now, if that had been Kesler, Burrows and Booth playing cleanup in a defensive role; Kassian disturbing the peace and providing a physical presence > I think we still would see substantial free ice for speedsters Schroeder, Raymond and Hansen; what big guy would be left to play against them?

So before a trade; I would also be happy to see Kass get another crack with The Twins.

;)

Thoughts?

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 19 February 2013 - 10:21 PM.

#22 KraKassian

KraKassian

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Kassian
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Higgins-Laprierre-Weise/Volpatti

WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO FIGURE OUT?

#23 Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

Unless Kesler is suddenly playing defense, no, he did not upset the balance. The blueline has been weak all year long, but tonight it was exposed as silk-thread-thin.
Posted Image
[Why 2.0? Because after 9 years, I lost my password and email... huzzah]

#24 hockeyfan90

hockeyfan90

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

More to do with AV....I mean why change the speed line (raymond-schroeder-hansen) when they were playing so well together?!?! This coach needs to get fired. He just hasn't been the same since he won the best coach of the year award a few years back. Most coaches have figured this tactics out. In terms of Kesler, I will say one thing. He really needs to stop with the diving. We were playing well, clean hockey, no diving whatsoever without Kesler and now that he's back in the lineup, all the old antics are starting up again and now Burrows and Lapierre are being influenced.

#25 Nashi

Nashi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,921 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

Not really, he does have points in all his games, we are just losing battles.

canucks141.png

#26 yete

yete

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Kassian
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Kassian
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

bcuz AVS A BONEHEAD :shock:

#27 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,998 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

It seems like whoever plays with him focuses too much on setting him up.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#28 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

Maybe a bit with the forwards. But I don't know what the hell has happened to our D chemistry. They're brutal. If it wasn't for Schneids they easily could have score 10 goals.

#29 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,128 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

Nope, I actually think we didn't play great defensively which resulted a loss. We were lucky to get that one point.

307mg00.jpg

#30 CANUCKAHOLIC_9

CANUCKAHOLIC_9

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

Hawks are better. Its not kesler.

pfffff that sh.. we beat chicago with out kes. chicago jus had more hustle than us 2nite

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.