The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Did Kesler Upset the Balance (Team Chemistry)? We Win without him!

The Dark Knight

This team was on a real roll prior to Kesler returning to the line up, i'm just wondering if you guys feel like the reason for the team struggles right now are contributed to Kesler being inserted into the line up and messing up all the good we had going.

I just feel like outside of the powerplay, he tries to do way too much by himself still and you can see how quiet Raymond and Hansen become when they play with him. He still tries to be a one man army and puck hogs.

Kesler back change the entire team mentality into a run and gun, no defense game? Kind of odd how bad our D and goaltending is and how it's switched on a dime.

I thought he would add stability but he seems to have made things worse, no one other than the Sedin line has any sort of chemsistry or offensive pressure.

Thoughts?

Welllll he's got another point tonight, and I know since he's been in the line-up we've looked shaky but...

I think it has more to do with AV. If AV played his cards right, the lines that were clicking (The speed line) would have been left unchanged, but he didn't and all of our forwards have had different line-mates literally every other shift making it very difficult for timing, and chemistry to develope.

So it's AV's fault, not Kesler's

This team was on a real roll prior to Kesler returning to the line up, i'm just wondering if you guys feel like the reason for the team struggles right now are contributed to Kesler being inserted into the line up and messing up all the good we had going.

I just feel like outside of the powerplay, he tries to do way too much by himself still and you can see how quiet Raymond and Hansen become when they play with him. He still tries to be a one man army and puck hogs.

Kesler back change the entire team mentality into a run and gun, no defense game? Kind of odd how bad our D and goaltending is and how it's switched on a dime.

I thought he would add stability but he seems to have made things worse, no one other than the Sedin line has any sort of chemsistry or offensive pressure.

Thoughts?

Yes and No, He did upset the lines that have been established since the start of the season. It is going to take some time for the players to find where each other is on the ice. No he didn't upset the team chemistry though. They just got Kes back from a long injury. They also just got Booth back from an injury. This thread could easily be called, did returning players upset chemistry and most likely without the future flaming your going to get for mentioning Kesler. Give it 5 games and this team is going to start ripping it up again.

Posted · Hidden by Admin 2, March 11, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Admin 2, March 11, 2013 - No reason given

may be the way MG forced manny into retirement has upset the team morale... we are also missing his key faceoff wins especially in the defensive zone...

lol no kesler didn't upset the balance.... we wern't facing real competion ... we were beating up teams in our own division.....hawks winning record we lose... stlouis winning record we lose... dallas only a couple of points behind us toss up... what i have been noticing is alot of disappearance acts by the whole canuck team.... this should stand out to management that this team isn't good enough yet... but i know it won't and i know no changes will be made since trade deadline is april 3 this year....

Archived