The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Blackhawks

-Vintage Canuck-

I don't expect everyone here to agree with me. The only topic on this board I've taken exception with is the "Keith retribution" subject. I frequently praise the Canucks organization and although the Blackhawks are my team I am a fan of the Canucks too (that's why I come here). When the Canucks aren't playing the Hawks I cheer for them.

We have a Canucks fan that posts regularly on our boards. He's a class act and welcomed by everyone there.

While this is a Canucks message board I do like to provide a little outside perspective from time to time.

You seriously think Hossa faked injury and took him self out of a game so Janik Hansen might get 1 or 2 games suspension?

I was thinking it would be along the lines of precaution. Hawks are 13-0-3. They are dominating the league and there is no reason to risk a star player's health.

I don't know if you really believe what you say deb. You're pbbly a little emotional right now. After all it was a pretty big game.....

Don't do that ("emotional") - patronize me, it's weak. So the only players capable of over dramatizing/working it are ours? Give me a break. I'm simply saying that he may have tried to sell it. Just because he's been injured doesn't give him immunity in that. Cautious or crafty? He's your favourite player, so you may be biased rather than me emotional. Anyhow, time will tell...

And Toews already chiming in helps support my case (being that the Hawks would LOVE to remove one of our players). They should be directing their attention to the "injured" player/teammate and saving the judgement calls for the proper time/place. Or, better, yet, people in place to do so. But they're not wasting any time it seems. So excuse me if I may challenge it and don't immediately buy in to the poor innocent Hawks act.

ya and his plus minus is what? his face off % is 40%

he's a minus player playing with the highest scorer in the NHL there bud...

let if go or go cheer for the focus of your bromance on the sabres board...maybe send him some cheese to go with his whine...

I'd take kass over him again if you asked today.

Loved watching the Hawks fans squirm in their seats after that second Canucks goal.

Also loved watching the Hawks players suddenly stop playing like tough guys after that second Canucks goal. Suddenly no Bolland chirping, and no scrums after whistles??? What happened Hawks? Not so tough when you're not up 2 goals are ya?

Hawks are overrated and their luck will run out soon enough. They are a soft team with suspect goaltending and they are totally over achieving right now.

Not worried about the Hawks AT ALL.

The real best team in the NHL are the Ducks. Big, tough, talented, speed... Why is no one talking about them???

If this game showed anything it showed the following.

1. As we know we have terrific goaltending. Schnieds held us in this game. Three breakaways in the first. 2 shorthanded. stood on his head. Bad third goal but maybe Beiksa should try and take a man vs trying to stick check the beast Hossa and allow him to walk in front of the net like he's playing pond hockey.

2. We play patient and are never really out of a game. Good and bad, it may be the cause of our complacency and not good. But hey tinker and be ready in the last 20games to play a hard 60 mins every night as we approach the playoffs and its ok.

3. Our PP is terrible. We always give up shorthanded chances to CHI, we dont gain the zone very well and we don't hold the line well. Stop the stupid drop pass.

4. Our defensive system HAS to change. We are always running around when playing teams that pressure our guys. This has gone on since the first playoff series vs Chi many years back and everyone in the league knows it. We need more creativity coming out of our zone than up the boards 98% of the time.

5. We need more physical play from our defensemen. They act like a bunch of school girls. They dont hit. Either get them hitting or find someone who can.

These are not angry comments, boys are getting points and playing decent but if we want to go deep in the playoffs these issues will have to be addressed.

But players can't be coddled...Hamhuis has had his share and did you see the Hawks go at him? And that was intentional and directed at him - they were trying to engage him (knowing the history he's had). But Hossa lays there and everyone gasps. It was an innocent play and my bet is that he'll be back next game. And I'll rest my case.

Archived