The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Blackhawks

-Vintage Canuck-

Bieksa and Edler were screw ups all night and got blown away by Chicago's speed numerous times. If it weren't for Cory, those guys would have bene -5 each.

The only reason they saved face with those goals was luck, self-sacrifice by Burrows and some questionable positioning by Emery. I wish they hadn't scored 'cause now everyone thinks their great again. 59min, 45 seconds of suck shouldn't be erased by 15 seconds of "scores"!!

You mean to say that Hossa is OK with taking himself out of a game so long as he gets a (mostly) third-liner out for several? Yeah that makes sense. I swear the level of intelligence & common sense on this board is astounding.

Hossa is just being careful with his past concussion history - nothing more & nothing less. I also don't believe for a second that Hansen hit him intentionally, nor do I think he should be fined or even warned.

I am both intelligent and have common sense, so save the personal attacks. And what intelligent person speaks for someone else ("Hossa is just being....")? How on earth do you know what Hossa's doing/thinking?

With that, I don't think it's intentional...I think it is reactionary but also can play into a team's favour. So maybe someone stays down a little longer than necessary. And that what we saw today was the refs (and leagues) being swayed by the Hawks reactions at times. I swear to God, the Canucks are labeled whiners but the Hawks are equally guilty (I saw Toews and Kane at least twice each). So I'm just not convinced that Hossa won't be back and that his being caution doesn't play into the Hawks plan. Again, why is it ok for the Hawks to try to engage Dan Hamhuis (with his history of concussions) if Hossa's off limits? If Hansen's play was malicious in any way, I wouldn't be commenting. But my God, he tries to glove the puck a lot and it was not anything suspendable in my mind. That's my argument...that the ploy may be to sell it as something that was. Over it and don't wish to argue my point, because it is only that.

Don't do that ("emotional"). So the only players capable of over dramatizing/working it are ours? Give me a break. I'm simply saying that he may have tried to sell it. Just because he's been injured doesn't give him immunity in that. Cautious or crafty? He's your favourite player, so you may be biased rather than me emotional. Anyhow, time will tell....

We really need to stop messing with chemistry. Put the speed line back, and Bieksa back with Hamhuis. It's common sense, don't screw with what works.

It should also be Garrison playing the right side with Edler, not the other way around.

My line-up for next game.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Higgins

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Volpatti-Lappiere-Kassian

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Garrison

Ballard-Tanev

Luongo/Schnieder (Go with AV's coin toss)

Yeah, because that's how all teams treat players who intentionally injure their players. He got a suspension? 'oh, ok. we'll leave them alone now.' How about when Torres faced your team this season? No Hawks challenging him to a fight? Oh yeah, they did and he fought. He at least did that. Keith would never dream of doing that because he is gutless. I am getting a bit off-topic. I'm just saying that most teams at least try to fight a player when they intentionally hurt someone.

IMO, I'd probably do this ....

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Booth-Kesler-Burrows

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Higgins-Lappiere-Volpatti/Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Garrison

Ballard-Tanev

Luongo/Schnieder (Go with AV's coin toss) :)

D was terrible tonight, Great job Schieder for getting us that point!

On to the next game .. Go Canucks Go!!

So I'm just not convinced that Hossa won't be back and that his being caution doesn't play into the Hawks plan. Again, why is it ok for the Hawks to try to engage Dan Hamhuis (with his history of concussions) if Hossa's off limits? If Hansen's play was malicious in any way, I wouldn't be commenting. But my God, he tries to glove the puck a lot and it was not anything suspendable in my mind. That's my argument...that the ploy may be to sell it as something that was. Over it and don't wish to argue my point, because it is only that.

IMO, I'd probably do this ....

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Booth-Kesler-Burrows

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Higgins-Lappiere-Volpatti/Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Garrison

Ballard-Tanev

Luongo/Schnieder (Go with AV's coin toss) :)

D was terrible tonight, Great job Schieder for getting us that point!

On to the next game .. Go Canucks Go!!

Archived