The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Blackhawks

-Vintage Canuck-

Schneider played well, kept it within reach. Maybe would want the 1st goal back but kept us in it for sure with a ton of saves.. Unlucky on the shootout goal against Kane and the other one is almost impossible(forehand, backhand deke) for all goalies no matter if you know it's comming

But there we go again, if goalies are not perfect in shootout, we lose. Someone tell me when was the last time Canucks scored 2 or 3 shootout goals in a shootout??

I really don't think they have. But whatever still got a point coming back that we probably should not have gotten.

Well, not the great game we all were hoping for an expecting from our boys.

We're really missing something right now, we have way too many skilled players to be playing this poorly. As mentioned, we had no business coming away from that one with a point.

lucky to get a point with that many breakaways and odd-men rushes given up... two breakaways in our first PP was just awful...

having that said, the sharp goal shouldn't be a goal because the hawks had too many men on the ice and the extra player was interfering with how the canucks were moving up the ice, leading to the turn over...

I have nothing good to say about the defensive effort yet again. Absolutely horrible. Even if they had somehow managed to eek out a win, this Canucks team tonight was about as deserving as a skunk in a "Most Pleasant Smell Ever" contest. The only reason it was even close was because of Schneider standing on his head.

Get back to basics, start earning the $24 million spent on a "deep defense".

We really need to stop messing with chemistry. Put the speed line back, and Bieksa back with Hamhuis. It's common sense, don't screw with what works.

It should also be Garrison playing the right side with Edler, not the other way around.

My line-up for next game.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Higgins

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Volpatti-Lappiere-Kassian

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Garrison

Ballard-Tanev

Luongo/Schnieder (Go with AV's coin toss)

A series of terrible moves by MG has killed the greatness in this team. We're still good, but good teams don't win cups. Good teams lose in the 2nd round, good teams get 3rd in the conference, we aren't an elite team any more. We've lost too much ground.

Losing Ehrhoff, acquiring Booth who has underperformed, trading for Ballard AND signing Garrison (what's with this guy and Florida?), 9 million dollars of dead weight on D, trading Hodgson for a guy who might be good 6 years down the road instead of getting real help on the front end, relying on a undersized rookie to be the #3 C on the team, not making a big move to try and get a real #1 defenseman, trying to get size in the top 6 instead of the bottom 6 where none of the players can actually fight and they're pretty small (Raymond, Hansen, Schroeder, and Lapierre with 2 big guys that don't hit isn't a very scary bottom 6). Losing Raffi mixed with Many getting injured DESTROYED the bottom 6 and it hasn't been fixed, mean while Luongo not being traded is hurting the team because if he doesn't get traded this season that's another year to the sedins, less value for Luongo and a wasted season because with this team nothing is gonna happen.

Well, I hope we can pull off a miracle run, but it looks like our window has closed.

Archived