The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Blackhawks

-Vintage Canuck-

Wait what.........Toews needs his head examined if he honestly thinks Hansen was trying to hurt Hossa. Wow.......just............wow......

The things about the game I disliked.

The canucks defense was horrible, just horrible. I think something needs to be done and soon. The last few games the only two defense players who have been good at all have been Tanev and Ballard.

The refs were horrid. I know they didn't cost the Canucks the game and yet some of the calls they made were so bad, so horrible that in a way they did cost Van the game. I am sorry but from the 20+ years of Hockey I have been watching i have NEVER seen a goal waved off/stated as not a goal in a shootout to have it stated as a goal two seconds later.

I am sorry Hossa is hurt, I actually like the guy but Hansen did not intend to hurt him and should not have been penalized.

Sorry if you thought this was directed at just you. It was direct at all the Canucks fans that have been clamouring for a Blackhawk to be hurt it retribution for Keith. I'm tired of hearing these reckless comments.

I've been posting on this board for a while and I've always been respectful and acknowledged the good things about the Canucks.

My post from the main thread:

Schneider was excellent in this game. He was the Canucks' best player. He let in 3 goals but he made save after save after save on the countless breakaways and odd man rushes he faced.

I was also really impressed with the Sedins. They lacked execution in this game but they kept on trucking, they kept on pressuring the Blackhawks down low in the offensive zone with their cycle and board play and it resulted in the Edler goal on the PP and the huge tying goal. Kudos to them for being effective throughout most of the game, while the rest of the team looked like they could barely make a dent in the Blackhawks.

The one other thing I was happy with was the PK. Aside from the one opportunity on which Hossa scored, the Canucks did a very good job while a man down.

Aside from those things, there aren't any other good things to take away from this game. It felt fantastic to see the Canucks tie it, but we shouldn't forget the fact that they were pretty much dominated and outclassed in this game. The Hawks skated circles around them and if it weren't for Schneider, we wouldn't be talking about a 4-3 shootout loss. That being said, what we saw tonight isn't going to happen against any other team. The Blackhawks are in a league of their own, it seems, when it comes to their speed, skill and transition game.

One of the worst defensive games I've seen in awhile. It's one thing to take the offensive chance and give up an odd man rush because of it, but the Canucks weren't even getting the offensive chance. They would look to be in position one second then continuously get beat over and over again.

Schneider played great but you can bet if it was Luongo people would have been on him about letting in 2 SO goals.

The forwards gotta carry more of the play, they can't let Chicago control the game so much.

I was hoping to see Hansen score just to hear the crowd get ticked off lol.

I'm sure all the Squawks fans are hating on Hansen while ignoring what ol' Duncan "The Flying Elbow" Keith did.

That's 3 entertaining out of division games in a row.

This game was one for the twilight zone. Love to say kudos to the boys for coming back, but all the credit goes to Schneider IMO. 27 scoring chances in regulation for Chi, that's unheard of. In fact, I've never heard of it. Ever. So kudos to Schneider for the point.

Obvious issue, defense. I said it in the Edler thread, he should not be eating shut down minutes. It's a bad coaches decision IMO. It doesn't mean he's a bad defenseman, he's not. Keith, Seabrook, Doughty, Letang etc etc are not eating shutdown mins - and they are good defensemen. It's about knowing how to use your guys, and Edler doesn't fit that mold in a short season. Hamhuis/Bieksa/Tanev/Garrison have all effectively ate those mins in the last. I'd suggest pairing Hammer-Juice back up, and giving softer mins to Edler-Garrison. Nothing wrong with that. Either way, the d-core looked like swiss cheese, and the high forward forgot how to backcheck tonight.

The 3 game losing streak ends next game.....

I don't expect everyone here to agree with me. The only topic on this board I've taken exception with is the "Keith retribution" subject. I frequently praise the Canucks organization and although the Blackhawks are my team I am a fan of the Canucks too (that's why I come here). When the Canucks aren't playing the Hawks I cheer for them.

We have a Canucks fan that posts regularly on our boards. He's a class act and welcomed by everyone there.

While this is a Canucks message board I do like to provide a little outside perspective from time to time.

I don't expect everyone here to agree with me. The only topic on this board I've taken exception with is the "Keith retribution" subject. I frequently praise the Canucks organization and although the Blackhawks are my team I am a fan of the Canucks too (that's why I come here). When the Canucks aren't playing the Hawks I cheer for them.

We have a Canucks fan that posts regularly on our boards. He's a class act and welcomed by everyone there.

While this is a Canucks message board I do like to provide a little outside perspective from time to time.

Unlikely. What's more like is that Hossa was being extra cautious given his history with head injuries. As I said before, I don't think this deserves a suspension but that's in the league's hands now.

But players can't be coddled...Hamhuis has had his share and did you see the Hawks go at him? And that was intentional and directed at him - they were trying to engage him (knowing the history he's had). But Hossa lays there and everyone gasps. It was an innocent play and my bet is that he'll be back next game. And I'll rest my case.

Archived