The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Blackhawks

-Vintage Canuck-

Really? Review all of my posts and tell me how my intention is to antagonize Canucks fans? I've had Canucks fans message me directly and supporting what I say. I've had Canucks fans come on the Blackhawks boards and compliment me. I actually like the Canucks and I've said that many times on this board.

If you took personal offense to my comments I will apologize for that. My intention was not to call you out personally but my frustration with these types of comments got the better of me.

They were also helpful in creating the two goals that tied the game. I'll take the bad with the good. At least they did some damage offensively. Nobody on the team was much better defensively than the Sedins were and yet they could barely create a lick of offensive pressure.

I think it is only Chicago or perhaps only Toews who thinks it is evident. The puck was there, Hansen was facing the puck not Hossa. A player does not have the time in that situation to think to himself, "Oh wow, what great chance to give Hossa a cheapshot." Oh, maybe Toews or Keith would think that - but not most players.

Loved watching the Hawks fans squirm in their seats after that second Canucks goal.

Also loved watching the Hawks players suddenly stop playing like tough guys after that second Canucks goal. Suddenly no Bolland chirping, and no scrums after whistles??? What happened Hawks? Not so tough when you're not up 2 goals are ya?

Hawks are overrated and their luck will run out soon enough. They are a soft team with suspect goaltending and they are totally over achieving right now.

Not worried about the Hawks AT ALL.

The real best team in the NHL are the Ducks. Big, tough, talented, speed... Why is no one talking about them???

You consider a player with a history of head injuries being cautious after taking a hit to the head coddling? We'll just have to disagree on that one. I'm not arguing and saying there was intent to hurt nor to I think Hossa was doing anything to try and get Hansen suspended.

I was answering a guy's claim that we never draft anyone any good in the first round - try reading before your knee-jerk reflex starts twitiching. I am well aware he wanted out - saying he didn't want to be here doesn't invalidate him being a good pick. Of course if AV was gone, who knows - he might have been the guy when Kesler was injured. Also, lots of guys, "should have been doing well with the ice-time they are getting" but they suck, so that is no argument at all.

Meh, i like Kane.

I mean at hockey games i always yell very inappropriate things, mostly regarding cab drivers when the Hawks are in town, but what he says about Luongo is just so bang on.. It's so hard to hate him for all the support he gives Luongo. Remember, these guys are rivals too.

Patrick Kane will always be the kid you make fun of all the time, but the guy you kind of respect due to his skill and respect for Luu. (Good enough to win my heart anyways..)

Would it kill the forwards to be responsible defensively? I mean sure, the defencemen were terrible tonight (unless I missed something, I think Ballard was the only one to not directly be the cause of a scoring chance), but the number of times the forwards gave the puck away in the natural zone and at the blue line was brutal. Not to mention that they weren't coming back deep enough.

Loved watching the Hawks fans squirm in their seats after that second Canucks goal.

Also loved watching the Hawks players suddenly stop playing like tough guys after that second Canucks goal. Suddenly no Bolland chirping, and no scrums after whistles??? What happened Hawks? Not so tough when you're not up 2 goals are ya?

Hawks are overrated and their luck will run out soon enough. They are a soft team with suspect goaltending and they are totally over achieving right now.

Not worried about the Hawks AT ALL.

The real best team in the NHL are the Ducks. Big, tough, talented, speed... Why is no one talking about them???

Archived