The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Blackhawks

-Vintage Canuck-

???

But it's the system these coaches have been implementing for years. The point is, they haven't altered it and it is not working. Therefore, the coaching sucks!!

WIthout 2 of the best goaltneders in teh lieage, this team is now even a contender to make the playoffs in the NW division. The goalies have been covering up for the coaches and players for too long. Chicago is good enough to expose exactly what I said above. They emabrrassed our D men, they were arriving at our d zone clearing attempts before our own forwards and only COry standing on his head made this game even close.

Either MG has assembled a very untalented group of players or...they are not being coached in a way that allows them to achieve success.

I say AV and his friends have had their chance, a fresh voice and perspective is needed.

I said he's one of my favorite players. So are Toews, Weber, Iginla, Malkin, Edler,OV, Grigorenko and on and on.. IF you look back you will find my posts claiming as such.

As a matter of fact my avatar used to be Weber's jersey. You can go back and see that I have been critical of him for going for the $$$$ when he signed the offer sheet. My record speaks for it self.

You did not say "he may have tried to sell it". I asked you directly why Hossa would fake injury and take himself out of the game you responded by saying "If it means taking one of ours out for several, well, do the math.

You clearly suggested Hossa left the game with a fake head injury because it might take out one of ours for several games.

Players try to "sell it" all the time, not just our guys but players from every team. But it's one thing to say a player tried to "sell it" and entirely another to suggest Hossa took himself out of a game he was dominating just so a 3rd liner on the Canucks might get a 1 or 2 game suspension. Not even in the playoffs but a third of way into regular season.

This is a pretty serious accusation. I think its completely off base.

Do you think he's out then? And I've suggested (your words, see above), not accused. There's a difference.

Kassian - Where are you?! how the hell is he a non factor in a hard hitting game with some nastiness?! If your not gonna do productive , you better be hitting every damn Hawk on the ice. 3 straight emotional games where he's been invisible.

Our defence was horrible, i blame the coaches on this one too, i lost count on how many friggin breakaways and odd man rushes this inept defence gave up?!! unacceptable, the Hawks read us like a book with the stupid ass drop pass. WE ARE SO PREDICTABLE!

AV has got to be the worse coach of an elite team ever, absolutely no emotion, Shorthouse said the pre-game speech was less than a minute long!!! No wonder the team came out flat and unorganized.

Our defence screwed up a big game for CS, the Twins,Kesler, Burrows and Hansen came to play.

We have to keep things in perspective. A hockey season has so many ups and downs in it. We just came off a 6 game winning streak, now we've dropped a couple, and only one of em in regulation. The Blackhawks are not that good, we only played about 70 percent of potential and still almost beat them. I felt that before the Hawks tied it in the 2nd, we were outplaying them. a hockey season is so long, even if it shortened by a lockout, you're gonna have ups and downs. It's how you play when the chips are really down that matters. I don't think a single Canucks fan cares about another President's Trophy or another Division title. I could care less if we scrape into the playoffs and play awesome in the postseason once we get there. No one's gonna care. All I care about is the postseason. That's the only thing that should matter. Just make the playoffs, all you gotta do. I mean, don't coast during the regular season, play hard and work to get better. But dropping a few games is not gonna break our team. Why would we fire our coach? Or trade this guy or that guy? We've got the best goaltending tandem in the league, two of the best forwards plus great secondary scorers like Burrows and Kesler, we've got grit, size, speed, youth, experience and great goaltending. So many teams would trade places with the Canucks in a second. We have it so good, we take it for granted sometimes. The team in the last 5-6 years are the best teams the Canucks have ever put on the ice. Keep your heads up Canucks fans, we have as good a chance as anyone at winning the Stanley Cup? and really, isn't that the best you can hope for in professional sports? Go Canucks!

And yes, the officiating was awful tonight, but how is that out of the ordinary? haha

I can't disagree, the defense was terrible and embarassing. I remember thinking they look like pylons...but thats not just coaching. Its ALSO players making bad decisions and not thinking.

It is clear the defensive group did not have their heads in the game and that is partly the coaches fault. Perhaps the defensive group is thinking too much now and actually being 'overcoached' vs playing the game.

I have never seen Edler play as poorly - he was handling the puck like it was a grenade, getting caught flat footed. To me that means there is too much going on in his head - coaches have to let him play and give him rope.

Bieksa was making gaffs all over and not hitting anyone

Hammer didn't look like himself

I didn't even notice Garrison other than him and Bieksa letting one of the most dangerous players in the game (Hossa) walk into the slot from the corner untouched.

Ballard and Tanev looked ok as usual.

So its a bit of both...They seem nervous and that is too much coaching, too much worry.

I do think we need to adjust our breakouts as that has alot of bearing on pressure in one's own zone. If you throw it up the boards 98% of the time, teams know where to be to pinch/stop it, and then you're caught. I am not sure why the coaches don't see how teams have adjusted to this.

So.

1. Let the players play, stop overcoaching

2. New breakouts needed

3. Forwards need to come back deeper, they are blowing the zone way too early. If you are going up the boards and losing it, it's also a winger's fault not just the D men. Dmen can't make that play if there is a pinch and have to read it, which they don't seem t be doing.

Canucks Army recap: http://canucksarmy.c...and-chance-data

Great read. Canucks were outchanced by a 3:1 margin, which is something I've never seen before. Yet they still got a point - thanks to some alien goaltending.

Edit: It also appears Garrison 'might' be entering Ballard territory w/ regards to Avs doghouse. He was taken off the PP a few weeks ago. Now in tonight's game, he played like only 3 or 4 mins in the 3rd period. Ouch.

Schneider, that's all.

Canucks showed lots of heart, proving they are a better team than the black8===Ds.

How are they better?

Simple, as soon as the refs started making proper calls and the momentum wasn't swung in Chicago's way, Canucks owned them. Chicago is only on this current winning streak because of the refs, have you seen that bogus call the other night that Sharp caused? I don't remember whose stick it was, but he took the opposing player's stick and hit himself with it. And you guessed it, Chicago PP was the result.

Canucks D needs to be much better than tonight... But I knew that our Canucks were going to come back in this game, and they proved they have the heart, only need an even playing field.

I was proud tonight, they put in a great effort despite our defensive play and refs. Blackhawks did nothing tonight!

Oh, and I'm glad Hossa got hurt. I don't care, call me insensitive, but that was Danny getting avenged even if it wasn't on Keith.

Oh and I'm expecting a Hansen suspension even though it was clean.

Archived