The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Blackhawks

-Vintage Canuck-

Good on the Canucks for gettting the point...It would have been robbery had we'd won....Despite the breakaways,I thought we had a solid first period.Much like the STL game,we stopped skating and were chasing the game in the 2nd.

Canucks have been in most games this season,but they are a far stretch from the dominating teams of seasons past.Maybe when Kes and Booth hit their stride ?

Really? Review all of my posts and tell me how my intention is to antagonize Canucks fans? I've had Canucks fans message me directly and supporting what I say. I've had Canucks fans come on the Blackhawks boards and compliment me. I actually like the Canucks and I've said that many times on this board.

If you took personal offense to my comments I will apologize for that. My intention was not to call you out personally but my frustration with these types of comments got the better of me.

Quenville has the Canucks figured out. There were seemingly more clean cut chances and odd man rushes in this one game that all season.

PS, did Kassian play tonight?

PPS, why no Burr on the shootout?

PPPS, Emery sucks, the Hawks win despite him.

PPPPS, Schneider would have been in better balance/positon if Kane didn't bump him as he passed after his shot on the shootout. And hence the puck wouldn't have slid in.

PPPPPS, Hansen for Mayory.

Really? Review all of my posts and tell me how my intention is to antagonize Canucks fans? I've had Canucks fans message me directly and supporting what I say. I've had Canucks fans come on the Blackhawks boards and compliment me. I actually like the Canucks and I've said that many times on this board.

If you took personal offense to my comments I will apologize for that. My intention was not to call you out personally but my frustration with these types of comments got the better of me.

I know!! The line-up should be

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth*-Kesler-Kassian

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Higgins-Lapierre-Volpatti

Edler-Garrison (Get Edler on his proper side this time, Garrison takes a more defensive role)

Hamhuis-Bieksa ( Ol' Reliable)

Ballard-Tanev

Schneider

I'll go furthur and say package Booth and Luongo for a game-changer and a 1st (Guys like Brouwer ARE NOT game changers)

This whole blaming the refs thing is getting really annoying. Canucks fans are going to get a pretty bad rep if this continues.

Stop being a bunch of cry babies. Complaining and whining every single game, every single goal, every single play is getting ridiculous. The team has worked hard to shed it's diving, complaining , crying reputation. I think many ppl on CDC need to do the same.

I've been a Canucks fan since Stan Smyl was the captain. I've never seen this amount of whining from the fans.

Stop it.

No one likes to see a player get hurt... and I truly hope Hossa is ok. That being said, I don't want to hear a peep out of Quenville or any of the Hawks players about that being a dirty play. Hansen is not a dirty player and there was no way that was intentional.

It was an unfortunate play. Take your licks and move on. We sucked it up last year, they can suck it up this year.

Hodgson says hi - 15 points in 17 games - with 7 goals - two more than any Canuck. Raymond isn't spare change - right now he is one of our better players. He set up Kesler all night and all Kesler could do was look surprised and hit the goalie in the chest.

It should be clear to MG at this point that this team is not good enough to challenge for the cup. They will slide into 3rd in the conference and will at best get to 2nd round with this team.

Either he needs to make a few big trades OR he can try firing the coach.

I vote latter because we have been constantly tweaking this line up for many many seasons and the only thing we have yet to try is changing the coach.

It was disgusting how Chicago was all over our plays. Thats why they had 2 shorthanded breakaways today.

Remember Game 7 from a few years back?

Thats right, Canucks were defending a one goal lead and on the powerplay in the last few minutes of the game and what do we do?

Give up a shorty to go to overtime in a game 7

This kind of repetitive behavior comes down to coaching and strategy. The players arent executing but how do you expect the players to execute when the Hawks already know what the Canucks will do?

In short of making some big trades that most likely wont work out, I suggest the Canucks change the coach and tinker with this line as we only have a few years window of opportunity to win.

w/e least they came back and got a point they did not deserve one bit

chicago pressured the canucks D ALL night long , it never stopped

never let them get settled in

luongo needs to be traded for a good back up and a sniper , we need a guy like Samuelson but younger

Archived