361 replies to this topic

#181 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

Toews says that "it's pretty evident" that Hansen wasn't going for the puck. Per TEAM 1040

he also said they weren't exposing the Canucks for what they really are in the 2011 playoffs, how did that work out for him? Toews is a whiner and should just shut his mouth

#182 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

I don't expect everyone here to agree with me. The only topic on this board I've taken exception with is the "Keith retribution" subject. I frequently praise the Canucks organization and although the Blackhawks are my team I am a fan of the Canucks too (that's why I come here). When the Canucks aren't playing the Hawks I cheer for them.

We have a Canucks fan that posts regularly on our boards. He's a class act and welcomed by everyone there.

While this is a Canucks message board I do like to provide a little outside perspective from time to time.

IMO you are welcome on our boards. I like hearing what you say. A different perspective is good. Post after post of "refs made us lose" gets old...

#183 VAN_FAN_MATT

VAN_FAN_MATT

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

Toews says that "it's pretty evident" that Hansen wasn't going for the puck. Per TEAM 1040

Didn't Keith last season say he was trying to play the puck when he clobbered Daniel.

Wait what.........Toews needs his head examined if he honestly thinks Hansen was trying to hurt Hossa. Wow.......just............wow......

The things about the game I disliked.

The canucks defense was horrible, just horrible. I think something needs to be done and soon. The last few games the only two defense players who have been good at all have been Tanev and Ballard.

The refs were horrid. I know they didn't cost the Canucks the game and yet some of the calls they made were so bad, so horrible that in a way they did cost Van the game. I am sorry but from the 20+ years of Hockey I have been watching i have NEVER seen a goal waved off/stated as not a goal in a shootout to have it stated as a goal two seconds later.

I am sorry Hossa is hurt, I actually like the guy but Hansen did not intend to hurt him and should not have been penalized.

The only Blackhawk that should pay for the Keith hit is Keith...........

Completely agree. But unfortunately Keith is more elusive to getting hit than Bigfoot is to cameras.

#184 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,969 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

You seriously think Hossa faked injury and took him self out of a game so Janik Hansen might get 1 or 2 games suspension?

I was thinking it would be along the lines of precaution. Hawks are 13-0-3. They are dominating the league and there is no reason to risk a star player's health.

I don't know if you really believe what you say deb. You're pbbly a little emotional right now. After all it was a pretty big game.....

Don't do that ("emotional") - patronize me, it's weak. So the only players capable of over dramatizing/working it are ours? Give me a break. I'm simply saying that he may have tried to sell it. Just because he's been injured doesn't give him immunity in that. Cautious or crafty? He's your favourite player, so you may be biased rather than me emotional. Anyhow, time will tell...

And Toews already chiming in helps support my case (being that the Hawks would LOVE to remove one of our players). They should be directing their attention to the "injured" player/teammate and saving the judgement calls for the proper time/place. Or, better, yet, people in place to do so. But they're not wasting any time it seems. So excuse me if I may challenge it and don't immediately buy in to the poor innocent Hawks act.

Posted Image

#185 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Toews is a puke. A talented puke, but a puke.

BTW did anyone see Kane give the "up yours" sign to Cory when they announced his goal was good? Talk about a little puke!!!

That's funny. I think you're the first guy I've seen call Toews a puke.....Kane on the other hand....

#186 Bossy

Bossy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

ya and his plus minus is what? his face off % is 40%

he's a minus player playing with the highest scorer in the NHL there bud...

let if go or go cheer for the focus of your bromance on the sabres board...maybe send him some cheese to go with his whine...

I'd take kass over him again if you asked today.

He's -3, Kassian is -1 on a far better team and Vanek is only +3 and his other linemate, Pominville, is -2....

Boy, you look stupid now don't you? That's why you never use +/- in an argument folks!

Oh, and his FO% is the same as Schroeder's, who I am sure you love.

Edited by Bossy, 19 February 2013 - 10:31 PM.

#187 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

I think it is only Chicago or perhaps only Toews who thinks it is evident. The puck was there, Hansen was facing the puck not Hossa. A player does not have the time in that situation to think to himself, "Oh wow, what great chance to give Hossa a cheapshot." Oh, maybe Toews or Keith would think that - but not most players.

#188 Shoot Speed/Kill Light

Shoot Speed/Kill Light

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Loved watching the Hawks fans squirm in their seats after that second Canucks goal.
Also loved watching the Hawks players suddenly stop playing like tough guys after that second Canucks goal. Suddenly no Bolland chirping, and no scrums after whistles??? What happened Hawks? Not so tough when you're not up 2 goals are ya?

Hawks are overrated and their luck will run out soon enough. They are a soft team with suspect goaltending and they are totally over achieving right now.
Not worried about the Hawks AT ALL.
The real best team in the NHL are the Ducks. Big, tough, talented, speed... Why is no one talking about them???

#189 Your New Coach Mr. Tippett

Your New Coach Mr. Tippett

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

You're right Darth Kane, Burrows prescience was terrific.

He was like a Caveman out there, no fear.
My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. Whats really goin on down there? Who is the real hero?

#190 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

If this game showed anything it showed the following.

1. As we know we have terrific goaltending. Schnieds held us in this game. Three breakaways in the first. 2 shorthanded. stood on his head. Bad third goal but maybe Beiksa should try and take a man vs trying to stick check the beast Hossa and allow him to walk in front of the net like he's playing pond hockey.

2. We play patient and are never really out of a game. Good and bad, it may be the cause of our complacency and not good. But hey tinker and be ready in the last 20games to play a hard 60 mins every night as we approach the playoffs and its ok.

3. Our PP is terrible. We always give up shorthanded chances to CHI, we dont gain the zone very well and we don't hold the line well. Stop the stupid drop pass.

4. Our defensive system HAS to change. We are always running around when playing teams that pressure our guys. This has gone on since the first playoff series vs Chi many years back and everyone in the league knows it. We need more creativity coming out of our zone than up the boards 98% of the time.

5. We need more physical play from our defensemen. They act like a bunch of school girls. They dont hit. Either get them hitting or find someone who can.

These are not angry comments, boys are getting points and playing decent but if we want to go deep in the playoffs these issues will have to be addressed.

#191 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

The Sedins were very helpful at creating the breakaways and odd-man rushes for Chicago all night that you complain about - try looking at their whole game - Daniel sucks on the point on the PP - especially when out there with Edler.

They were also helpful in creating the two goals that tied the game. I'll take the bad with the good. At least they did some damage offensively. Nobody on the team was much better defensively than the Sedins were and yet they could barely create a lick of offensive pressure.

#192 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts

The Sedins were very helpful at creating the breakaways and odd-man rushes for Chicago all night that you complain about - try looking at their whole game - Daniel sucks on the point on the PP - especially when out there with Edler.

They sucked pretty much the whole Stanley Cup Finals against Boston too but everyone seems to conveniently forget about that,they just put all the blame on Louie.

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#193 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

POPULAR

And he did, via his suspension. You can argue that 5 games wasn't enough, but that's an argument against the league and not the Blackhawks.

Yeah, because that's how all teams treat players who intentionally injure their players. He got a suspension? 'oh, ok. we'll leave them alone now.' How about when Torres faced your team this season? No Hawks challenging him to a fight? Oh yeah, they did and he fought. He at least did that. Keith would never dream of doing that because he is gutless. I am getting a bit off-topic. I'm just saying that most teams at least try to fight a player when they intentionally hurt someone.

#194 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,060 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

That's funny. I think you're the first guy I've seen call Toews a puke.....Kane on the other hand....

Toews has said some pretty disrespectful and condescending things regarding our team. It adds up.

As for Kane...might be hard to find anyone that thinks he's got an ounce of class.

#195 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,651 posts

Trade Edler for a right shooting D that can QB the PP and not be a liability otherwise.

Lol. I wasn't trying to imply he's a liability in general, just that - at this point - he's not effective eating shut down mins. IMO, he was at his best in 2010-11 when he was eating softer minutes. He was highly effective. Eating shut down mins on his offside has been a disaster since day 1 IMO. I can't understand why the coaches still go with it.

#196 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,820 posts

And I don't have a problem with that. My post was meant more for everyone talking about you.
I didn't read what you quoted. You're right. My bad.

Wow, an apology on CDC, and I wasn't even polite, but you were - my bad.

#197 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,423 posts

kes is back!

http://vansunsportsb...umbleweed-gifs/

Edited by riffraff, 19 February 2013 - 10:32 PM.

Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#198 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,389 posts

Guys like Bolland and Sharp need to be straightened out. Crying all game.

But then again, that's like being a hawks fan and saying the same about Kes and Burr. Meh its a rivalry whatever.
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#199 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

But players can't be coddled...Hamhuis has had his share and did you see the Hawks go at him? And that was intentional and directed at him - they were trying to engage him (knowing the history he's had). But Hossa lays there and everyone gasps. It was an innocent play and my bet is that he'll be back next game. And I'll rest my case.

You consider a player with a history of head injuries being cautious after taking a hit to the head coddling? We'll just have to disagree on that one. I'm not arguing and saying there was intent to hurt nor to I think Hossa was doing anything to try and get Hansen suspended.

#200 sakage.shinga

sakage.shinga

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

If it means taking one of ours out for several, well, do the math.

You mean to say that Hossa is OK with taking himself out of a game so long as he gets a (mostly) third-liner out for several? Yeah that makes sense. I swear the level of intelligence & common sense on this board is astounding.

Hossa is just being careful with his past concussion history - nothing more & nothing less. I also don't believe for a second that Hansen hit him intentionally, nor do I think he should be fined or even warned.
Posted Image

#201 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,942 posts

Coaching

Sucks.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#202 tocnhockey

tocnhockey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

Really? Review all of my posts and tell me how my intention is to antagonize Canucks fans? I've had Canucks fans message me directly and supporting what I say. I've had Canucks fans come on the Blackhawks boards and compliment me. I actually like the Canucks and I've said that many times on this board.

If you took personal offense to my comments I will apologize for that. My intention was not to call you out personally but my frustration with these types of comments got the better of me.

I have no problem with your posts.

But, no Canuck fan would be greeted very warmly if they posted on the Hawks board scolding people about their "thirst for blood" during the game.....it's just the way it is, unfortunately.

I give you a plus for at least being civil.

As far as the game goes, the better team won.....Cory, who was great, got very little help tonight, :(

"He'll play, you know he'll play. He'll play on crutches."

linden_mclean1994.jpg

Kirk McLean and Trevor Linden -Game 6 1994 SC Finals

8_9_18.gifRIP PAT QUINN

#203 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,060 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

They were also helpful in creating the two goals that tied the game. I'll take the bad with the good. At least they did some damage offensively. Nobody on the team was much better defensively than the Sedins were and yet they could barely create a lick of offensive pressure.

Bieksa and Edler were screw ups all night and got blown away by Chicago's speed numerous times. If it weren't for Cory, those guys would have bene -5 each.

The only reason they saved face with those goals was luck, self-sacrifice by Burrows and some questionable positioning by Emery. I wish they hadn't scored 'cause now everyone thinks their great again. 59min, 45 seconds of suck shouldn't be erased by 15 seconds of "scores"!!

#204 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,653 posts

Guys like Bolland and Sharp need to be straightened out. Crying all game.

But then again, that's like being a hawks fan and saying the same about Kes and Burr. Meh its a rivalry whatever.

Guys like Bolland and Burrows have one thing in common - if they're on your team you love them, if not you hate them.

#205 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,619 posts

Wow, an apology on CDC, and I wasn't even polite, but you were - my bad.

It's all good

#206 sakage.shinga

sakage.shinga

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

As far as the game goes, the better team won.....Cory, who was great, got very little help tonight, :(

Exactly...I feel so bad for Schneids...all those scoring chances. The team just left him out to dry and still he held us in. That Kane shootout goal was brutal, but after making all those saves, Schneider must be dead tired and frustrated.
Posted Image

#207 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,389 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

I think it is only Chicago or perhaps only Toews who thinks it is evident. The puck was there, Hansen was facing the puck not Hossa. A player does not have the time in that situation to think to himself, "Oh wow, what great chance to give Hossa a cheapshot." Oh, maybe Toews or Keith would think that - but not most players.

Ditto

Check out the hawks bench, they didn't seem to see anything wrong until Toews went after Hansen.
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#208 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

Loved watching the Hawks fans squirm in their seats after that second Canucks goal.
Also loved watching the Hawks players suddenly stop playing like tough guys after that second Canucks goal. Suddenly no Bolland chirping, and no scrums after whistles??? What happened Hawks? Not so tough when you're not up 2 goals are ya?

Hawks are overrated and their luck will run out soon enough. They are a soft team with suspect goaltending and they are totally over achieving right now.
Not worried about the Hawks AT ALL.
The real best team in the NHL are the Ducks. Big, tough, talented, speed... Why is no one talking about them???

Bolland's role has changed this year, he's centering the 2nd line so he's not in the shutdown role anymore.

I'm not worried about our goaltending, it's solid.

#209 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

He's -3, Kassian is -1 on a far better team and Vanek is only +3 and his other linemate, Pominville, is -2....

Boy, you look stupid now don't you? That's why you never use +/- in an argument folks!

Oh, and his FO% is the same as Schroeder's, who I am sure you love.

Kassian has been playing 1/2 his games on the 3rd and 4th line there champ. If you watch buffalo games alot of Baby Coho's points have been garbage second assists as well.

and you proved my point. he's the center, the one responsible for playing the two way game. he's playing with the highest scorer in the nhl and is a minus, the other winger is a minus what does that say about his contribution in terms of defensive play

Schroeder? I didn't know he was traded for Coho the baby cakes...

Oh and guess what Schroeder is +1

Quit your whining...wow let it go child

Don't use +/- hey lol!! why because it doesn't help your stupid point?

go learn to skate and maybe then i'll listen to you....

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 19 February 2013 - 10:48 PM.

#210 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,538 posts

You consider a player with a history of head injuries being cautious after taking a hit to the head coddling? We'll just have to disagree on that one. I'm not arguing and saying there was intent to hurt nor to I think Hossa was doing anything to try and get Hansen suspended.

Darth Kane...Best UName award!
biggerabacus_zps5cae10b6.jpg

I got kicked out of the slut walk for trying to bid on the participants.

-BananaMash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.