The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Blackhawks

-Vintage Canuck-

Someone needs to give Kesler a good talking to..and not one of the coaches..cause with his attitude that won't go down well. Id love it if Bieksa were the one. He has a diving rep and continues to further throw his rep down the drain. Its simple next time he truly gets hauled down he's likely not getting the benefit of the doubt, its only going to hurt the team more. So sick of his diving.

This whole blaming the refs thing is getting really annoying. Canucks fans are going to get a pretty bad rep if this continues.

Stop being a bunch of cry babies. Complaining and whining every single game, every single goal, every single play is getting ridiculous. The team has worked hard to shed it's diving, complaining , crying reputation. I think many ppl on CDC need to do the same.

I've been a Canucks fan since Stan Smyl was the captain. I've never seen this amount of whining from the fans.

Stop it.

The reffing was crap and made the game almost unwatchable. I don't think reffing is why we lost, it was just bad.

I don't understand why refs are coddled so much in the NHL in the NFL if there is bad reffing it's noted, and they take action to correct it.

The NHL seems to be fine with sticking there heads in the sand and pretending nothing is wrong. It's not just tonights game its league wide as we saw in the Colorado-Nashville game and many other games this year.

Darth is a fan of probably the most hated team to Canucks fans. Guess what? This is a Canucks website. He knows that, and he should be prepared to not be liked by everyone. Regardless of he's a good guy or not.

When you lose something, and the other guy is all "Good game, you guys are good too" It's going to piss people off.

My post from the main thread:

Schneider was excellent in this game. He was the Canucks' best player. He let in 3 goals but he made save after save after save on the countless breakaways and odd man rushes he faced.

I was also really impressed with the Sedins. They lacked execution in this game but they kept on trucking, they kept on pressuring the Blackhawks down low in the offensive zone with their cycle and board play and it resulted in the Edler goal on the PP and the huge tying goal. Kudos to them for being effective throughout most of the game, while the rest of the team looked like they could barely make a dent in the Blackhawks.

The one other thing I was happy with was the PK. Aside from the one opportunity on which Hossa scored, the Canucks did a very good job while a man down.

Aside from those things, there aren't any other good things to take away from this game. It felt fantastic to see the Canucks tie it, but we shouldn't forget the fact that they were pretty much dominated and outclassed in this game. The Hawks skated circles around them and if it weren't for Schneider, we wouldn't be talking about a 4-3 shootout loss. That being said, what we saw tonight isn't going to happen against any other team. The Blackhawks are in a league of their own, it seems, when it comes to their speed, skill and transition game.

Good on the Canucks for gettting the point...It would have been robbery had we'd won....Despite the breakaways,I thought we had a solid first period.Much like the STL game,we stopped skating and were chasing the game in the 2nd.

Canucks have been in most games this season,but they are a far stretch from the dominating teams of seasons past.Maybe when Kes and Booth hit their stride ?

Hodgson says hi - 15 points in 17 games - with 7 goals - two more than any Canuck. Raymond isn't spare change - right now he is one of our better players. He set up Kesler all night and all Kesler could do was look surprised and hit the goalie in the chest.

I know right it's almost like Kesler's timings off for some reason. Weird

Cody was redundant on this team as we already have our first and second line centers set for the foreseeable future. He's thriving in Buffalo because he's been put in a position to succeed that he wouldn't have gotten here.

This game was one for the twilight zone. Love to say kudos to the boys for coming back, but all the credit goes to Schneider IMO. 27 scoring chances in regulation for Chi, that's unheard of. In fact, I've never heard of it. Ever. So kudos to Schneider for the point.

Obvious issue, defense. I said it in the Edler thread, he should not be eating shut down minutes. It's a bad coaches decision IMO. It doesn't mean he's a bad defenseman, he's not. Keith, Seabrook, Doughty, Letang etc etc are not eating shutdown mins - and they are good defensemen. It's about knowing how to use your guys, and Edler doesn't fit that mold in a short season. Hamhuis/Bieksa/Tanev/Garrison have all effectively ate those mins in the last. I'd suggest pairing Hammer-Juice back up, and giving softer mins to Edler-Garrison. Nothing wrong with that. Either way, the d-core looked like swiss cheese, and the high forward forgot how to backcheck tonight.

The 3 game losing streak ends next game.....

@BradZiemer

AV on Hansen possibly facing supplemental discipline: "Not a chance. He's trying to grab a puck in the air. . .#Canucks

@BradZiemer

More AV: "It's unfortunate if the young man is hurt, but he is trying to jump to get the puck. Stuff happens." #Canucks

Darth is a fan of probably the most hated team to Canucks fans. Guess what? This is a Canucks website. He knows that, and he should be prepared to not be liked by everyone. Regardless of he's a good guy or not.

When you lose something, and the other guy is all "Good game, you guys are good too" It's going to piss people off.

Someone needs to give Kesler a good talking to..and not one of the coaches..cause with his attitude that won't go down well. Id love it if Bieksa were the one. He has a diving rep and continues to further throw his rep down the drain. Its simple next time he truly gets hauled down he's likely not getting the benefit of the doubt, its only going to hurt the team more. So sick of his diving.

Archived