The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen Gets A 1 Game Suspension

Crimson-JH

Joke of a call. Joke of an organization.

Referee didn't make any calls on the play, it was only because Hossa laid on the ice and fans were screaming blood murder.

Organization acts as if Hansen took his skate off and stabbed Hossa.

Clean play and no intent. Shouldn't have even been a 2 minute penalty.

Agreed, not even a penalty till he stayed down and fans called it

If he hadnt been hurt like 99% of others -nothing becomes of this- no penalty- no suspension

Like mentioned before - Why wasnt the sucker punch Bollig put on Weise suspendable?

Its a UNSUSPECTING headshot, with intent

These calls are infuriating

As much as I dislike the calls, I like the Blackhawks reaction when one of their players gets hit- they dont wait for one of there tough guys to do it - They take it personally and dont just stare at one of their road kill down like our team will, or, just waltz around till a ref breaks them apart - The adrenalin takes over, even Toews a star goes at it.

Thinking how these Blackhawks are now,leading the League,in points,top of the heap in PL,, PP

They remind me of our team 2 yrs ago

I felt the play deserved 1-2 games. Sure, it wasn't intentional by any means, but it was indeed reckless; you simply cannot fore-arm check a guy in the back of the head.

While I'm not up in arms about the suspension, I still think it's absolutely ridiculous that Keith only got 5 games.

The NHL needs to learn the definition of consistency.

Like pretty much every other Canuck fan, I initially thought it was a joke and that it was a hockey play as both players reached for the puck.

I watched the NHL.com video regarding the suspension and have changed my mind as they clearly demonstrate Hansen changed his mind mid jump and was able to get away (for the most part) an elbow to Hossa's head.

1 game is probably due to no prior suspensions.

Matt Cooke/Torres probably would get five for this.

I can just imagine the hockey world if this play is reversed, and its Hossa hitting Hansen. The Canucks are huge whiners for even thinking about complaining about the hit. Hansen is the softest player in the league, the Canucks organization is still the joke of the league. The hit was a hockey play, move on.

Hansen hits Hossa, Canucks are a joke, for being such a dirty team, and Hansen needs to be given a ridiculous amount of games. Hossa gets called soft, and its how dare you call a guy soft after he had a head injury. Although if Sedin ever got hit in the head again he's still soft. Its laughable.

Hansen maybe deserved the 1 game for being reckless if the league was consistently good, but even then a fine would have been okay at the most.. But with the standard the league has set on suspensions, this play is not suspendable.

Gotta disagree with this one... everyone who has seen Hansen play knows he would never intentionally do something like that. They were saying he was being 'careless' but it was a hockey play and in a split second, and it looked to me like Hansen was going for the puck with his glove. Once he saw Hossa was going to get it, he closed his palm and happened to pump Hossa on the follow through.

At least it's just one game.

Archived