The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen Gets A 1 Game Suspension

Crimson-JH

Love Hansen, saw Sedins take shots from behind already this season, Was a big one on Daniel a few games back ---- no review but was a hit from behind, just because he wasnt hurt there was no review? NHL morons arent being very pro active to bring this out of the game.

One game is prolly right,.... just wish there was more called on the shots the Sedins have to endure.

I'm sorry but our fan base is so ridiculous it's not even funny. One day everyone is up in arms about something "Dr" Recchi says, the next everyone including moderators are diagnosing hossa's health because a Canuck hit him. Keith delivers a brutal hit to our best player. Worse than Hansen by a mile and gets 5 games. Keith is generally a clean player with one major screw up and by nuck fan standards 5 is not enough for a guy with a great history of clean play. Then Hansen throws a forearm through the back of another star players head, he's completely innocent and 1 game for a first time offender is too much in Vancouver eyes.

It's ok to support your players but not to defend their cheap shots and suspensions. That is how the Boston Bruins and their fans act regularly. "I'm just protecting myself" or "it's a hockey play" is said far too much. Hansen's play wasn't as malicious as most outside van are saying, but it wasn't innocent either as half this board is adamant about.

Accept the damn decision and show some honor as fans of the game of hockey or your no worse than the Boston Bruins.

Hawks fans: Hossa could have died, 25 games for Hansen

Canucks fans: Hossa skated into Hansen, no foul

Actual fact: Somewhere in between.

If that had been Toews/Kane/Sharp/etc and not Hossa, then they would have just jumped straight back up. The refs didn't even call a penalty until they saw Hossa was hurt. The league needs to stop punishing based on who injured a player is, and instead focus on how dangerous the play was. Hansen was careless, but not dangerous.

I'm sorry but our fan base is so ridiculous it's not even funny. One day everyone is up in arms about something "Dr" Recchi says, the next everyone including moderators are diagnosing hossa's health because a Canuck hit him. Keith delivers a brutal hit to our best player. Worse than Hansen by a mile and gets 5 games. Keith is generally a clean player with one major screw up and by nuck fan standards 5 is not enough for a guy with a great history of clean play. Then Hansen throws a forearm through the back of another star players head, he's completely innocent and 1 game for a first time offender is too much in Vancouver eyes.

It's ok to support your players but not to defend their cheap shots and suspensions. That is how the Boston Bruins and their fans act regularly. "I'm just protecting myself" or "it's a hockey play" is said far too much. Hansen's play wasn't as malicious as most outside van are saying, but it wasn't innocent either as half this board is adamant about.

Accept the damn decision and show some honor as fans of the game of hockey or your no worse than the Boston Bruins.

Excuse me? No, moderators did not diagnosis anything....I now ask that you link to where that happened?

And you go ahead and blow up the hit through the back of a star players head. It was a swipe at a puck. Let's keep it real here.

Exaggeration does not make your case(s) stronger. It actually weakens them.

Matt Cooke, Repeat Offender- Stomps on Karlsson's foot for no reason : no suspension, no review.

Jannik Hansen, First time Offender - Hits Hossa while attempting to grab puck, with one arm no less. Review, Suspension.

That dirty prick Shanahan is probably smiling right now:

1307045082.jpg

"Don't worry Colie, we will get little Greggy's name on the Cup"

Such BS.

i dont believe that for a second. even taking an elbow pad to the helmet in the right spot can stun anyone. ive had several head injuries ranging from intense car accident, to aluminum pike pole smacking me in the hardhat, to a minor fall snowboarding. sometimes a smaller hit in a sweetspot will stun you more than a major one. then sometimes the effects of the smaller hit dont last as long and the major one gives you problems for months. I dont know why that is, im not a doctor or scientist but ive had the experiences and know you cant judge a head injury from watching it.

If a select few of you want to play doctor, you better not be the first to complain when Dr Recchi opens his mouth. Gotta love the single edged sword in cdc land haha

So here's the deal - that's an unfortuante thing but it's then your decision to weigh out the risks associated with the activities you engage in as a result. Hockey is a contact sport and to expect to be immune from that is irresponsible. So you take your lumps and accept that you've signed on for the risk associated with the sport....the big paycheque helps with that.

If your state is so delicate that you can't be sure that a slight jar/bump won't have a significant impact, then you have to make the decision to protect your health and wait until you are sure that you can handle it. Which may never be (look at Manny and what happened with him). But every adult has the right to decide and Hossa decided to play, despite his condition. And the risk came into play with contact.

Hockey comes with risk. So yes, Hossa's condition is sad and unfortunate - anyone suffering head trauma's is. But you then make decisions and are accountable for that...when he skates out on the ice he's a hockey player, not an individual that gets coddled because of his history. It just doesn't work that way.

It was a collision and nothing more. Yes, Hansen should have been a bit more careful but that's how he plays - with reckless abandon. Watch him skate (hard) sometime when he's chasing a puck. Nothing intentional or sinister here. Just the bad luck of the draw.. And let's wait to see the prognosis for Hossa before we read Hansen the riot act, shall we?

Excuse me? No, moderators did not diagnosis anything....I now ask that you link to where that happened?

And you go ahead and blow up the hit through the back of a star players head. It was a swipe at a puck. Let's keep it real here.

Exaggeration does not make your case(s) stronger. It actually weakens them.

Archived