The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen Gets A 1 Game Suspension

Crimson-JH

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/02/21/hansen-on-hossa-turns-into-a-joke/

Canucks don’t seem too worried about Jannik Hansen’s one-game suspension for the injury to Marian Hossa.

Neither do the Blackhawks.

Two days after crumpling to the ice in a hit that left him unconscious, Hossa was back on the ice skating with teammates

That’s some concussion protocol.

This is the same organization that had Dave Bolland playing in 2011 playoff games after a concussion, despite him still complaining to the media about “fuzziness.”

Seems like a joke. That’s how Alain Vigneault took it when he watched Brendan Shanahan’s explanation for the one-game suspension.

“This morning I looked at the explanation and I got a little chuckle out of it,” Vigneault said.

“It wasn’t a hockey play. It was a puck up in the air and Jannik had position.

“I basically said everything I got to say about that.”

Complete trash call. People can say it's only one game but the principle and reasoning behind it are completely bogus. And now Hansen has it on his record and can be deemed a 'repeat offender' for... playing hard?!

On another note, did anyone see that actor guy/Flyers fan David Boreanaz tweet calling Hansen trash? Lol what a joke.

Did anyone just hear Blake Price's "Price is Right" segment on Team 1040? I think he hit the nail on the head. The Blackahwks are either the most reckless, careless organization when it comes to head injuries, or they're complete frauds, with all the examples over the last few years of their players looking like they're injured on the ice then returning soon after.

In this case, Hossa either put on a big show in the game the other night and is fine, or he shouldn't be on the ice practicing and ready to play the next game. Luckily AV and Hansen know what's up. They're both laughing in the faces of Hossa, the Blackhawks and the NHL.

Complete trash call. People can say it's only one game but the principle and reasoning behind it are completely bogus. And now Hansen has it on his record and can be deemed a 'repeat offender' for... playing hard?!

On another note, did anyone see that actor guy/Flyers fan David Boreanaz tweet calling Hansen trash? Lol what a joke.

What AV should do is make this a rallying point for the boys this season.

He should pull tape of Toewes accusing Hansen for deliberately trying to injure Hossa.

Talk to the team about how Hossa is "fine" after the suspension hearing.

Get the boys inspired so we go out there and kick the crap out of them.

What will probably happen in actuality is Chicago will come out flying next time these 2 meet to "avenge" Hossa. They will be in Hansen's face, etc and we will be on the defensive...

Sometimes its all about how you play the cards and the situation and all AV can do is "have a little chuckle"

1 game is fine. It wasn't as bad as Keith on Sedin, but headshots are not going to go unpunished anymore whether they are intentional or not.

But give me a break, the Canuck goggles need to come off here. If this had been Shaw on Kesler in the same situation everyone on this board would be calling for his head.

1 game is fine. It wasn't as bad as Keith on Sedin, but headshots are not going to go unpunished anymore whether they are intentional or not.

But give me a break, the Canuck goggles need to come off here. If this had been Shaw on Kesler in the same situation everyone on this board would be calling for his head.

I have an issue with head "shot"....it wasn't a shot, it was a graze. A love tap. God help the next person who tossles his hair in a moment of kidding around. May be a civil suit and damages.

And I'm glad that Hossa is indeed so fit and uninjured that he can pass judgment on things and add his two cents...didn't miss a beat.

The Bollig/Weise thing was a totally different issue. Weise ran through Marcus Kruger with a vicious hit along the boards (but yes, it was clean) and Bollig took exception. Once the gloves were dropped, all bets were off as far as a call for hits to the head, if you fight, you except that possibility. Bollig took the instigator on that one, and the Hawks wound up on the PK. Weise wasn't hurt in the fight, so I don't see what your issue is with this.

Also, I have yet to see anyone reply to my concern about Hansen not having the wits about him to be aware of his surroundings on the ice. To me, that is a more worrisome issue at this point.

I think its obvious what ice orca was saying

It didnt happen the way You described it

Irregardless of Weises hit (which was clean)

No clean hard hits allowed?

Bollig starts hitting Weise in the head,before he knew it was coming

Weise still had his gloves on !

look at the vid on Youtube

So all bets shouldn't have been off

Its one thing to initiate it, its another to be a feline and sucker punch someone to the head.

Now had Weise been hurt and stayed down after being suckered with his gloves still on, how many games would Bollig gotten?

(Only if he had stayed down,would a penalty or suspension be considered,much like what happened to Hansen)

Give it a rest, tough guy. You realize striking to the back of the head in MMA, a sport dedicated to hitting people in the head, is illegal. Apparently it's a tender area, but I'm no doctor or nothing.

You realize that Hossa had a hockey helmet on?

Nice personal attack, homie. Strategically placed in a thread where I have been in the minority of the difference in opinion, i like it. Solid and sneaky moves like that keep the warning points off.

Will they teach me how to do that in Hooked on Phonics? I have 2 warning points already and want learn how to be Aladeen sneaky :bigblush:

Archived