The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen Gets A 1 Game Suspension

Crimson-JH

Been told to expect that Jannik Hansen will have a hearing at some point for his head shot to Hossa! NHL looking at it now.

Dan Murphy ‏@sportsnetmurph

#canucks Hansen felt he was going for the puck when he struck Hossa in the head. He's aware of Hossa's history. Called it a hockey play.

A hearing is good. It allows Hansen to tell the story from his point of view.

Seems to me like he was going for a puck that was out of his reach and he caught Hossa with the elbow. No intent to injure whatsoever. And for what it's worth:

RT @nhlblackhawks: Coach Q says he saw Hossa postgame: "He seemed okay, but we'll see." #Blackhawks

Agree with the penalty, players are responsible for themselves just like they are with an accidental high stick (don't agree with it only being called based on injury long after the play occurred).

In saying that a 2 minute penalty was all it was worth and often would have gone uncalled. There was zero intent and it's a joke if the hearing resulted in a suspension.

IF(and this is a big If) Hossa was actually hurt on the play and wasn't diving then I am very sorry that one of the only blackhawks I actually like and who I think is a fairly clean player considering what team he plays for was hurt, but regardless this incident was an accident they were both going for the puck, it sounds like Hansen didn't even realize he bumped him.

Hansen shouldn't even have been given a penalty on that play let alone be dished out further punishment for a clean hockey play where he was just going for the puck!

Phone hearing or in-person hearing? I honestly think it was incidental. Other teams like to rip on us because we're the Canucks. If you need any proof of that, just look at the thread where Grabovski bit another player yet many people defend grabovski. If that was burrows, we'd never hear the end of it. I hope hossa is okay. Hansen is not a dirty player and the last person he would go after is hossa.

Archived