The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen Gets A 1 Game Suspension

Crimson-JH

The crowd scared the refs into giving a penalty where the refs had not seen one. Thats it. All AV does is say he doesn't know why they got the call. If it was say Kessler laying on the ice and Quenvilles player penalized for reaching for the puck with his glove hand, Quenville would have done something and probably got ejected. With AV its just "oh well". AV should have put a towel on a stick or something.

Hansen is not a dirty player, he was going for puck and Hossa got in the way and broke like glass. I hate this head shot rule over plays like this, if the league was to take control of the head shot issue they need to change the game dramatically. They will have to take out fighting... Fist to the head are head shots. what about the play when Patrick Sharp threw his forearm at Hamhuis head after the late hit he gave in the corner in the canucks end.

Hossa quit while your ahead go retire if you can't take any contact.

The crowd scared the refs into giving a penalty where the refs had not seen one. Thats it. All AV does is say he doesn't know why they got the call. If it was say Kessler laying on the ice and Quenvilles player penalized for reaching for the puck with his glove hand, Quenville would have done something and probably got ejected. With AV its just "oh well". AV should have put a towel on a stick or something.

makes me sick that players these days are penalized based on the resulting injuries suffered by opponents, and not on the legality of their actions. if hossa doesn't go down on this play, nobody is even talking about hansen's elbow today. sure, jannick contacted the head, but it was a legal hockey move, he was acting within the rules of the game... regardless of the consequences of the move, he should not be disciplined..... the league should not be retroactively punishing players based on the injuries sustained by opponents ... we got rid of the whole 'eye for an eye' thing back in ancient greece, it's a primitive form of justice. hopefully shanaban sees it the same way.

Captain serious and Sharp thought it was dirty. So it must be dirty. I doubt any Hawk felt bad when Daniel was cold cocked last year so I could care less how Hossa is doing. 9 out of 10 Canucks fans had a smirk on their face when Hossa went down. Say what you want about me but deep down inside most of you had a tit for tat feeling about the Hossa hit.

Captain serious and Sharp thought it was dirty. So it must be dirty. I doubt any Hawk felt bad when Daniel was cold cocked last year so I could care less how Hossa is doing. 9 out of 10 Canucks fans had a smirk on their face when Hossa went down. Say what you want about me but deep down inside most of you had a tit for tat feeling about the Hossa hit.

Capture_zpsb11a2008.jpg

Anyhow, some here are hinting that Hansen was trying to knowingly take a cheap shot. It looks to me like he's focused on the puck, hand in the air, going to try to bat at it to keep it in. As is Hossa.

Or, perhaps, in a moment of temporary insanity that works for the CDC bashers, he decided that he first needed to flag down the ref and get his total attention? Before taking a cheap shot? Wave at them to make sure they saw? Like "hey you in front of me, watch this"???

Doubtful.

As Hossa rather carelessly also focused only on the puck and not his surroundings or the fact that a guy was going to try to hold the line, he backed up to swat it down. Then they collided. Just at that moment - AS they were focused on and trying to bat at the puck. Hockey's a fast game and momentum carries you. Doesn't mean you aren't responsible for your body, stick etc., just that it doesn't indicate that you're a head hunter when things happen at gamespeed.

Yes, careless. Not anything more.

1-3 games , Canuck fans will take it hard if Hansen is more severely punished than Keith. Because whatever Hansen did was not as severe or deliberate as Keiths elbow & 1-3 games is actually pretty stiff for a short season. Hawks fan can't really expect blood( i suspect they're being contrary, for the sake of being contrary) after what Keith did to danny and sat for 5. Just my two cents .

Archived