The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen Gets A 1 Game Suspension

Crimson-JH

Not surprised there was a suspension. After all, we all know when a big name player is hurt, especially from an NHL darling team a suspension is coming, warranted or not. Still don't think it was justified, especially in light of other plays that have received nothing or fine only, but I am glad it wasn't more.

What about all the punches thrown after the goalie freezes the puck. need that removed too if head shots need to be removed for god sakes everyone would be concussed if they were fragile like hossa. Hockey is very physical and the fastest game on earth things happen, shouldn't be suspended for things happen unintentional.

Tired of nhl side circus,zero gms for charaon Pacioretty, 1 gm for this, 5 gms for keith hit, 20+ gms for torres hit. I love the gm but hate who is running it

I'm confused. From what Shanahan was saying during the video, it sounds a lot like they are saying Hansen initially went for the puck, then, having missed the puck, followed through deliberately on Hossa's head. If that's the case, then why only the one game suspension? Wouldn't a deliberate elbow to the head warrant a longer suspension, if they are going to argue it was deliberate?

Hossa is such a baby. State of the art helmet and he can't take a little nudge to the back of the head. I understand if his head hits the ice or gets slammed into the boards, but playing dead after someone accidentally hits you in the head while reaching for a puck is pathetic. I've been smacked in the head before by someone who was reaching for something without a helmet and I just walked it off.

That is pretty... annoying. I can live with 1 game as what is 1 game really it's more the double standards that piss me off - how is Cooke's step not worth even a game when this is?

I also cannot believe how badly it hurt Hossa, not calling a dive but he didn't hit his head on the ice or anything and these are two guys in full equipment.. He drops like a ton of bricks - Hansen must be the ???? hulk or something.

I'm confused. From what Shanahan was saying during the video, it sounds a lot like they are saying Hansen initially went for the puck, then, having missed the puck, followed through deliberately on Hossa's head. If that's the case, then why only the one game suspension? Wouldn't a deliberate elbow to the head warrant a longer suspension, if they are going to argue it was deliberate?

Seeing all the other first timers get fines and then Hansen getting the hammer to me screams "Hossa is a tender kitten that needs protection from the big bad players". If Hansen's name was Malkin, he would have been given a pat on the head (not too hard now) and sent on his merry little way.

Archived