The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen Gets A 1 Game Suspension

Crimson-JH

What do ya do? I don't believe there is a malicious bone in Hansens body which goes against Shannys explanation in the video. But it was a tad reckless so I will live with the 1 gamer. Still don't think it's 1/5 of the Keith attack though. :rolleyes:

Time to move on, hope Hossa is ok.

It is what I figured, the bad part is that he will now be considered a repeat offender.

I think if you take your homer glasses off you would think it is reasonable.

For those suggesting Hossa was faking it... give your head a shake. Why would their best player on the ice who is going for a hat trick leave the game just to get a 3rd winger into a little trouble?

Dude has concussion issues, they were being responsible by keeping him out of the game. I would imagine that he will be back next game.

first time offender and no history of doing anything remotely dirty gets 1 game for a hockey play and the people suggesting he went out of his way to injure hossa give your heads a shake both of them were going for the puck at the same time freak accident maybe cooke should of gotten a game for his hockey play that resulted in an injury

thanks nhl once again for being a joke and a laughing stock around the sports world

Seeing all the other first timers get fines and then Hansen getting the hammer to me screams "Hossa is a tender kitten that needs protection from the big bad players". If Hansen's name was Malkin, he would have been given a pat on the head (not too hard now) and sent on his merry little way.

Hansen should not have been suspended. It's unfortunate that Marian Hossa got hurt on the play but would he still be suspended if Hossa had got right up? Or if it had been any other player?

Also Shanahan is saying that Hansen initially was going for the puck, but within a split second changed his mind to deliver an illegal blow to the head. How is he even making those type of decisions in the heat of the moment?

I don't agree with this at all, and it is even more disappointing that Hansen will now be considered a repeat offender if anything controversial happens again.

Hopefully Hossa is okay.

It is what I figured, the bad part is that he will now be considered a repeat offender.

I think if you take your homer glasses off you would think it is reasonable.

For those suggesting Hossa was faking it... give your head a shake. Why would their best player on the ice who is going for a hat trick leave the game just to get a 3rd winger into a little trouble?

Dude has concussion issues, they were being responsible by keeping him out of the game. I would imagine that he will be back next game.

I think your wrong about a number of things and this as well. ;)

He will get nothing as intent is a major factor. Players get hurt all the time by you logic any player who gets in the way of a clean hockey play the other player should get a suspension? Next...

Archived