Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Magician

Patrick Kane's shootout goal not a goal

12 posts in this topic

Patrick Kane's shoot out goal was not a goal. Seeing the way the reffing went tonight I understand why it was a goal. The puck hit Shneiders pad, went backwards toward his glove, cancelling out forward momentum of the puck, and in the net. I know we stole a point but we could have had two <_<

Can't believe that consider as a goal when the ref already called it off before the puck went past the line...

It was a goal. No secondary contact was made by Kane. Schneider made the save but his motion put the puck in. It happens. We don't want to win based on a lie.It was a good goal.

Our shooters are pathetic in shootouts either way so might as well saved ourself the suffering of seeing someone pull out another "Burrows-spin" move.

What really gets me is that the play was blown dead while the puck was on the goalline during the 2nd period. WTF man?!?

I kind of agree it wasn't a goal because they had already had said no goal, then it went in so they said it was a goal <_< Correct me if I am wrong but if a goalie makes a stop they say no goal, then the goal trickles in... in a shoot out shouldn't the original save stand? I mean its not like a game where they can keep chipping at it, or in this case where the goalie puts it in. The already had said no goal then suddenly its a goal to me that should not count!

^^^

Exactly. I agree with the refs that it didn't cross the line, but it also wasn't covered by Emery. The play should still have gone on.