#1 Sedinry

Sedinry

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

POPULAR

Seriously, we have what ~3.5M in Cap space, we have 2 Goalies that are spectacular and either of them can be moved to free up a huge amount of Cap space and we have too many players that makes the team disjointed.

What I mean is that we have a first line that is solid, we have too many players competing for the 2nd line and AV puts the wrong players on lines. We have Higgins, Raymond, Booth, Kassian who could all be on the 2nd line and then we have a great 3rd C in Schroeder and a great winger in Hansen, Raymond has been stellar on that line, so no reason to blow that up.

Are we happy with the AMEX Line being our 2nd line? I don't think so. Instead trade one of them along with one of our goalies and get someone of SUBSTANCE.

Look at what the past Cup winners have done, made huge acquisitions before going onto win the cup even though on paper they already had an amazing team. Case in point? LA Kings acquiring Jeff Carter.

Moreover, by not having a solid 2nd line it leads to our 4th line being weak as a skilled player who isn't tough is on a line that is meant to be rough and tough. Our 4th line should be Weise - Lappy - Volpatti.

Edited by Sedinry, 19 February 2013 - 10:27 PM.

#2 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

I second that. Get us a game changer. Not another David Booth. Evander Kane would look great here. But no way in hell Lou waives his NTC for peg. So a three way deal would have to get it done.

To Van- Kane
To Florida- Luongo Raymond and a first then
To Winnipeg- Raymond and Weiss
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:5584]

#3 Bossy

Bossy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

I second that. Get us a game changer. Not another David Booth. Evander Kane would look great here. But no way in hell Lou waives his NTC for peg. So a three way deal would have to get it done.

To Van- Kane

No way in hell they trade Evander Kane more like it. It would take something like Kesler plus a first and Tanev (that probably wouldn't get it done either, considering how they want to build up not lose a key piece for an older guy) to get Kane, not Luongo.

Edited by Bossy, 19 February 2013 - 10:16 PM.

#4 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

POPULAR

Who says MG is the one that is waiting?

If there's nobody out there with a serious offer, he can't beat it out of them.

Are we happy with the AMEX Line being our 2nd line? I don't think so. Instead trade one of them along with one of our goalies and get someone with sustenance.

You want him to trade for somebody that has food?
Posted Image

#5 yete

yete

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

To Van- Kane

To Van- Kane

:lol:

#6 Strombone1

Strombone1

GDT Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts

he was waiting for this thread ;)

Commissioner of Shapheat FHL

Player of the Game - Wall of Fame
2014-15 GDT Registrations

#7 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,400 posts

POPULAR

I'd like a defenseman who actually knows how to play defense...

(>'-')>Posted Image<('-'<)

#8 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

Are we happy with the AMEX Line being our 2nd line? I don't think so. Instead trade one of them along with one of our goalies and get someone with sustenance.

Doesnt even matter what we think.

MG is happy with the roster, IMO, i am too.

It is up to the players to play to their strengths within the the team concept.

And MG is playing it cool. What he feels is a good deal, will be just that, a good deal.

Now that the ideal roster are assembled, it could take a few more games to tweak the lines to play the style they want to play.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#9 Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

POPULAR

For the record, I seriously think people overestimate the ease at which a General Manager can pull off a trade that will actually improve a team immediately. let alone how completely overestimate the ease at which most fans can sit back from behind their televisions and computer monitors and say "The lineup should be this-this-and-this" and "Trade him-and-him-for-him and we'll win the Cup", or "Look what this team did, do that and it'll work for us, too!". Its ridiculous. Not to mention we have no idea if any other GM is willing to part with what we need in exchange for whatever Gillis feels he can give up.

Most of the issue seems to be with coaching and line-ups, and the mix-and-match style AV apparently adores to tinker with. Not to mention each player will have good nights and bad nights, and have great chemistry and bad chemistry in any given game, so its not like its an exact science to begin with. I believe the pieces are fine, its a matter of refining them and making them work. Case in point, our $24 million pylon defensive lineup tonight. They didn't work and the game was lost. Nothing really more than that.

Edited by Rick 2.0, 19 February 2013 - 10:17 PM.

Posted Image
[Why 2.0? Because after 9 years, I lost my password and email... huzzah]

#10 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

Wellwood.
Posted Image
Credit to khalifawiz501 for the sig.
My old sig: http://tinypic.com/v...=5#.UlSrrlAWJ7U

#11 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

::D Not often I actually lol but I did after reading that.

#12 Bossy

Bossy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

For the record, I seriously think people overestimate the ease at which a General Manager can pull off a trade that will actually improve a team immediately. let alone how completely overestimate the ease at which most fans can sit back from behind their televisions and computer monitors and say "The lineup should be this-this-and-this" and "Trade him-and-him-for-him and we'll win the Cup", or "Look what this team did, do that and it'll work for us, too!". Its ridiculous. Not to mention we have no idea if any other GM is willing to part with what we need in exchange for whatever Gillis feels he can give up.

Most of the issue seems to be with coaching and line-ups, and the mix-and-match style AV apparently adores to tinker with. Not to mention each player will have good nights and bad nights, and have great chemistry and bad chemistry in any given game, so its not like its an exact science to begin with. I believe the pieces are fine, its a matter of refining them and making them work. Case in point, our $24 million pylon defensive lineup tonight. They didn't work and the game was lost. Nothing really more than that.

Well, considering how easily the Flyers blew up their team and how fast LA got 2 #1 centers, I'd say it's a lot easier to make a trade than you make it seem.

#13 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

Seriously, we have what ~3.5M in Cap space, we have 2 Goalies that are spectacular and either of them can be moved to free up a huge amount of Cap space and we have too many players that makes the team disjointed.

What I mean is that we have a first line that is solid, we have too many players competing for the 2nd line and AV puts the wrong players on lines. We have Higgins, Raymond, Booth, Kassian who could all be on the 2nd line and then we have a great 3rd C in Schroeder and a great winger in Hansen, Raymond has been stellar on that line, so no reason to blow that up.

Look at what the past Cup winners have done, made huge acquisitions before going onto win the cup even though on paper they already had an amazing team. Case in point? LA Kings acquiring Jeff Carter.

Moreover, by not having a solid 2nd line it leads to our 4th line being weak as a skilled player who isn't tough is on a line that is meant to be rough and tough. Our 4th line should be Weise - Lappy - Volpatti.

you want to trade a player for another player with sustenance?

are you hungry?

sus·te·nance

/ˈsʌsPosted ImagePosted Imagenəns/ Show Spelled [suhs-tuh-nuhPosted ImagePosted Imagens]

noun
1. means of sustaining life; nourishment.

#14 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

I'd like a defenseman who actually knows how to play defense...

Hammer/Eddy/Garry/Bally/Tanev/Juice.

You are s)*(^ out of luck, we already have a good d-corps. They just have to execute cleanly, and keep it simple.

Unless of course you want something like Drew Doughty's -11.

Posted Image

#15 Nas19

Nas19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

This.

This isn't NHL 13.

Edited by Nas19, 19 February 2013 - 10:21 PM.

#16 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

I 100% agree- we are not elite. Garrison is a joke, Kesler shows why he has to play on a line alone. Booth is not the answer.
Go all in, use our cap space, use a prospect/pick get a guy that takes us to the next level.
I'd even throw in Kassian if it brings us a big game breaker.

#17 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

MG is waiting for a pitch so that he can hit a home run.....too bad he is about to get storke out if he continues to wait and being "patient"......

#18 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

[/size]

Doesnt even matter what we think.

MG is happy with the roster, IMO, i am too.

It is up to the players to play to their strengths within the the team concept.

And MG is playing it cool. What he feels is a good deal, will be just that, a good deal.

Now that the ideal roster are assembled, it could take a few more games to tweak the lines to play the style they want to play.

What's up with your sig? Just ruined my buzz.

#19 Sedinry

Sedinry

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

That's clever, I was obviously trying to say "SUBSTANCE" but phones have that all-elusive crappy Auto-Correct.

Edited by Sedinry, 19 February 2013 - 10:26 PM.

#20 c00kies

c00kies

Cookie Monster

• Members
  • 6,402 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

To Van- Kane

No way Winnipeg does that. They also just recently re-signed him.
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#21 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

What's up with your sig? Just ruined my buzz.

Why?

Kes patting Hanks butt, after becoming the raddest Canuck ever, ruined your buzz?

Posted Image

#22 zejono

zejono

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

POPULAR

I hope AV, MG and DJ dave is taking notes. DJ dave do you see how in chicago they never play rihanna in the arena. DO you see how they always seem to be playing things that try to pump up the crowd. I heard that rihanna song again just last game at home and I couldn't believe it. I thought we all understood that we didn't want that to be played again. Do you think canuck players listen to that while they are working out?

#23 ro0

ro0

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

Obviously a loss so he can make a snap decision. I expect a roster re-haul by the end of the night.

Before making a thread people should think to themselves had we not lost a game a half hour ago would this thread exist? If the answer is no then don't make make that thread tonight.

Is she a dress wearer or a pants wearer? Could you share a rowboat? Could a rowboat support her? Would an average size rowboat support her without capsizing?

#24 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

To Van- Kane

#25 Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

Well, considering how easily the Flyers blew up their team and how fast LA got 2 #1 centers, I'd say it's a lot easier to make a trade than you make it seem.

I'm sure it is. Main Menu > Options > Season > Trade Logic to "Off" > Salary Cap to "Off" > Trade Players > Profit
Posted Image
[Why 2.0? Because after 9 years, I lost my password and email... huzzah]

#26 Sedinry

Sedinry

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

Also folks, you think other teams don't want Schneider? You guys must be crazy then.

#27 Sedinry

Sedinry

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

Obviously a loss so he can make a snap decision. I expect a roster re-haul by the end of the night.

Before making a thread people should think to themselves had we not lost a game a half hour ago would this thread exist? If the answer is no then don't make make that thread tonight.

To correct you, it's been 3 losses and for an Elite team, we sure suck against good teams. I don't care about the crapty NW Division, I care about the league and currently we are 8th and the person next to us is the fu&king Maple Leafs.

#28 mau5trap

mau5trap

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

I hope AV, MG and DJ dave is taking notes. DJ dave do you see how in chicago they never play rihanna in the arena. DO you see how they always seem to be playing things that try to pump up the crowd. I heard that rihanna song again just last game at home and I couldn't believe it. I thought we all understood that we didn't want that to be played again. Do you think canuck players listen to that while they are working out?

Don't wanna derail the thread. But we can definitely learn a thing or two about how to run the Arena music and stuff like that from Chicago. I paid close attention and too was impressed by crowd, music, etc.

Posted Image

#29 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

:lol:[size=4]

And what would you suggest we do?

#30 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

That's clever, I was obviously trying to say "SUBSTANCE" but phones have that all-elusive crappy Auto-Correct.

Oh sure, blame auto-correct. It was still the best typo I've seen in a while. There was no way I could leave that one alone. :lol:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.