The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is MG waiting for?

Sedinry

Seriously, we have what ~3.5M in Cap space, we have 2 Goalies that are spectacular and either of them can be moved to free up a huge amount of Cap space and we have too many players that makes the team disjointed.

What I mean is that we have a first line that is solid, we have too many players competing for the 2nd line and AV puts the wrong players on lines. We have Higgins, Raymond, Booth, Kassian who could all be on the 2nd line and then we have a great 3rd C in Schroeder and a great winger in Hansen, Raymond has been stellar on that line, so no reason to blow that up.

Are we happy with the AMEX Line being our 2nd line? I don't think so. Instead trade one of them along with one of our goalies and get someone of SUBSTANCE.

Look at what the past Cup winners have done, made huge acquisitions before going onto win the cup even though on paper they already had an amazing team. Case in point? LA Kings acquiring Jeff Carter.

Moreover, by not having a solid 2nd line it leads to our 4th line being weak as a skilled player who isn't tough is on a line that is meant to be rough and tough. Our 4th line should be Weise - Lappy - Volpatti.

I second that. Get us a game changer. Not another David Booth. Evander Kane would look great here. But no way in hell Lou waives his NTC for peg. So a three way deal would have to get it done.

To Van- Kane

To Florida- Luongo Raymond and a first then

To Winnipeg- Raymond and Weiss

Who says MG is the one that is waiting?

If there's nobody out there with a serious offer, he can't beat it out of them.

Are we happy with the AMEX Line being our 2nd line? I don't think so. Instead trade one of them along with one of our goalies and get someone with sustenance.

I second that. Get us a game changer. Not another David Booth. Evander Kane would look great here. But no way in hell Lou waives his NTC for peg. So a three way deal would have to get it done.

To Van- Kane

For the record, I seriously think people overestimate the ease at which a General Manager can pull off a trade that will actually improve a team immediately. let alone how completely overestimate the ease at which most fans can sit back from behind their televisions and computer monitors and say "The lineup should be this-this-and-this" and "Trade him-and-him-for-him and we'll win the Cup", or "Look what this team did, do that and it'll work for us, too!". Its ridiculous. Not to mention we have no idea if any other GM is willing to part with what we need in exchange for whatever Gillis feels he can give up.

Most of the issue seems to be with coaching and line-ups, and the mix-and-match style AV apparently adores to tinker with. Not to mention each player will have good nights and bad nights, and have great chemistry and bad chemistry in any given game, so its not like its an exact science to begin with. I believe the pieces are fine, its a matter of refining them and making them work. Case in point, our $24 million pylon defensive lineup tonight. They didn't work and the game was lost. Nothing really more than that.

For the record, I seriously think people overestimate the ease at which a General Manager can pull off a trade that will actually improve a team immediately. let alone how completely overestimate the ease at which most fans can sit back from behind their televisions and computer monitors and say "The lineup should be this-this-and-this" and "Trade him-and-him-for-him and we'll win the Cup", or "Look what this team did, do that and it'll work for us, too!". Its ridiculous. Not to mention we have no idea if any other GM is willing to part with what we need in exchange for whatever Gillis feels he can give up.

Most of the issue seems to be with coaching and line-ups, and the mix-and-match style AV apparently adores to tinker with. Not to mention each player will have good nights and bad nights, and have great chemistry and bad chemistry in any given game, so its not like its an exact science to begin with. I believe the pieces are fine, its a matter of refining them and making them work. Case in point, our $24 million pylon defensive lineup tonight. They didn't work and the game was lost. Nothing really more than that.

Seriously, we have what ~3.5M in Cap space, we have 2 Goalies that are spectacular and either of them can be moved to free up a huge amount of Cap space and we have too many players that makes the team disjointed.

What I mean is that we have a first line that is solid, we have too many players competing for the 2nd line and AV puts the wrong players on lines. We have Higgins, Raymond, Booth, Kassian who could all be on the 2nd line and then we have a great 3rd C in Schroeder and a great winger in Hansen, Raymond has been stellar on that line, so no reason to blow that up.

Are we happy with the AMEX Line being our 2nd line? I don't think so. Instead trade one of them along with one of our goalies and get someone with sustenance.

Look at what the past Cup winners have done, made huge acquisitions before going onto win the cup even though on paper they already had an amazing team. Case in point? LA Kings acquiring Jeff Carter.

Moreover, by not having a solid 2nd line it leads to our 4th line being weak as a skilled player who isn't tough is on a line that is meant to be rough and tough. Our 4th line should be Weise - Lappy - Volpatti.

Doesnt even matter what we think.

MG is happy with the roster, IMO, i am too.

It is up to the players to play to their strengths within the the team concept.

And MG is playing it cool. What he feels is a good deal, will be just that, a good deal.

Now that the ideal roster are assembled, it could take a few more games to tweak the lines to play the style they want to play.

To Van- Kane

Archived