The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is MG waiting for?

Sedinry

I hope AV, MG and DJ dave is taking notes. DJ dave do you see how in chicago they never play rihanna in the arena. DO you see how they always seem to be playing things that try to pump up the crowd. I heard that rihanna song again just last game at home and I couldn't believe it. I thought we all understood that we didn't want that to be played again. Do you think canuck players listen to that while they are working out?

Obviously a loss so he can make a snap decision. I expect a roster re-haul by the end of the night.

Before making a thread people should think to themselves had we not lost a game a half hour ago would this thread exist? If the answer is no then don't make make that thread tonight.

Obviously a loss so he can make a snap decision. I expect a roster re-haul by the end of the night.

Before making a thread people should think to themselves had we not lost a game a half hour ago would this thread exist? If the answer is no then don't make make that thread tonight.

I hope AV, MG and DJ dave is taking notes. DJ dave do you see how in chicago they never play rihanna in the arena. DO you see how they always seem to be playing things that try to pump up the crowd. I heard that rihanna song again just last game at home and I couldn't believe it. I thought we all understood that we didn't want that to be played again. Do you think canuck players listen to that while they are working out?

I disagree actually, first of all I think u can never have enough depth, second of all schroeder is not a great 3rd line center he is more suited for a top 2 line position, if u watch games where the canucks play bigger teams u should see how ineffective he could be. third of all Lapierre should be are 3rd liner, because i would really like to watch him get a chance to take his career to the next level. plus he did have 2 points in 4 games on the third line. I think if u want to do something u should want to move schroeder to the wing on the second line and have a big center on ur third (lappy). Why do u think we went so far in the playoffs in 2011. The answer is we had a very effective bottom 6 which was able to keep the smaller guys energized.

The lines should look like this

Sedins-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Schroeder

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

Kassian-Raymond-Weise

I 100% agree- we are not elite. Garrison is a joke, Kesler shows why he has to play on a line alone. Booth is not the answer.

Go all in, use our cap space, use a prospect/pick get a guy that takes us to the next level.

I'd even throw in Kassian if it brings us a big game breaker.

I second that. Get us a game changer. Not another David Booth. Evander Kane would look great here. But no way in hell Lou waives his NTC for peg. So a three way deal would have to get it done.

To Van- Kane

To Florida- Luongo Raymond and a first then

To Winnipeg- Raymond and Weiss

Im starting to seriously worry that we will get anything of substance for Cory or Lu. Look at guys like Viktor Fasth who have busted onto the scene as un undrafted free agent. People mocked Burke during the summer saying he was happy with Reimer and Scrivens, and he turned out to prove most of you wrong. With so many other options teams could go for I feel are time is running short to get something done. Once summer comes and the cap drops we lose more bargaining power. I think the deadline is when a deal has to get done. And the more I think about it the more I see a veteran coming back as opposed to a young prospect.

Seriously, we have what ~3.5M in Cap space, we have 2 Goalies that are spectacular and either of them can be moved to free up a huge amount of Cap space and we have too many players that makes the team disjointed.

What I mean is that we have a first line that is solid, we have too many players competing for the 2nd line and AV puts the wrong players on lines. We have Higgins, Raymond, Booth, Kassian who could all be on the 2nd line and then we have a great 3rd C in Schroeder and a great winger in Hansen, Raymond has been stellar on that line, so no reason to blow that up.

Are we happy with the AMEX Line being our 2nd line? I don't think so. Instead trade one of them along with one of our goalies and get someone of SUBSTANCE.

Look at what the past Cup winners have done, made huge acquisitions before going onto win the cup even though on paper they already had an amazing team. Case in point? LA Kings acquiring Jeff Carter.

Moreover, by not having a solid 2nd line it leads to our 4th line being weak as a skilled player who isn't tough is on a line that is meant to be rough and tough. Our 4th line should be Weise - Lappy - Volpatti.

Archived