The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is MG waiting for?

Sedinry

Seriously, we have what ~3.5M in Cap space, we have 2 Goalies that are spectacular and either of them can be moved to free up a huge amount of Cap space and we have too many players that makes the team disjointed.

What I mean is that we have a first line that is solid, we have too many players competing for the 2nd line and AV puts the wrong players on lines. We have Higgins, Raymond, Booth, Kassian who could all be on the 2nd line and then we have a great 3rd C in Schroeder and a great winger in Hansen, Raymond has been stellar on that line, so no reason to blow that up.

Are we happy with the AMEX Line being our 2nd line? I don't think so. Instead trade one of them along with one of our goalies and get someone of SUBSTANCE.

Look at what the past Cup winners have done, made huge acquisitions before going onto win the cup even though on paper they already had an amazing team. Case in point? LA Kings acquiring Jeff Carter.

Moreover, by not having a solid 2nd line it leads to our 4th line being weak as a skilled player who isn't tough is on a line that is meant to be rough and tough. Our 4th line should be Weise - Lappy - Volpatti.

gillis needs to swallow his pride, accept the many bad decisions he's made, realize that the window for this core is closed and start focusing on winning 3 years from now.

either that or update his resume. which might be preferable actually. maybe we can replace him with someone that every other gm in the league isn't leery of. i mean this guy made his nut by selling snake oil and gouging nhl gm's for every last penny, often using underhanded tactics (nylander to edmonton anyone?) logic and history both indicate that gm's don't like dealing with him.

i wish dale tallon wasn't locked up in florida, but i'd be willing to give jim nill a shot too.

Last night showed us, this team is nowhere near playoff built for a deep run. Too soft, no intensity, endless mistakes.

They didn't show up and play for 60 minutes against the best team in the League.

Where's the character ? like a broken record with these guys. 3 breakaways in the first 10 minutes ? what a joke.

it's not the loss so much as its the complete lack of effort in the 2nd period.

This is a reoccurring theme for this group, unable to compete hard for a full 60.

same old Canucks, too bad 2x Shane Doan types aren't in the room, the nice guy routine from the Captain and the joke cracking coach can't motivate this bunch. The core group appears to be way too comfortable.

MG won't do anything this year accept maybe trade Volpatti and Kassian and replace them with guys under 5"9 170 lbs and resign MayRay for 5 million a year.

Kumbaya Canucks.

Luongo got run the other night and not one player did a single thing.

Same old same old.

i guess its time to resign myself to the fact that this will never change, these guys wont fight for each other, they only play for 40 minutes and just enjoy a team that sometime plays an entertaining brand of hockey, wins a few more games in the regular season then it loses and not expect anything else.

Expecting anything else is too frustrating.

I wonder how long an Aquilini is going to spend to the cap ceiling before he starts going Harold Ballard on the fan base ?

Seriously, we have what ~3.5M in Cap space, we have 2 Goalies that are spectacular and either of them can be moved to free up a huge amount of Cap space and we have too many players that makes the team disjointed.

What I mean is that we have a first line that is solid, we have too many players competing for the 2nd line and AV puts the wrong players on lines. We have Higgins, Raymond, Booth, Kassian who could all be on the 2nd line and then we have a great 3rd C in Schroeder and a great winger in Hansen, Raymond has been stellar on that line, so no reason to blow that up.

Are we happy with the AMEX Line being our 2nd line? I don't think so. Instead trade one of them along with one of our goalies and get someone of SUBSTANCE.

Look at what the past Cup winners have done, made huge acquisitions before going onto win the cup even though on paper they already had an amazing team. Case in point? LA Kings acquiring Jeff Carter.

Moreover, by not having a solid 2nd line it leads to our 4th line being weak as a skilled player who isn't tough is on a line that is meant to be rough and tough. Our 4th line should be Weise - Lappy - Volpatti.

Archived