The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is MG waiting for?

Sedinry

I second that. Get us a game changer. Not another David Booth. Evander Kane would look great here. But no way in hell Lou waives his NTC for peg. So a three way deal would have to get it done.

To Van- Kane

To Florida- Luongo Raymond and a first then

To Winnipeg- Raymond and Weiss

Schroeder is playing extremely well, and this is all from a kid who has played 13 games so far. Everyone on this board was yelling for AV to give the youth a chance on this team. When he does, and the kid plays great, people are ready to run him back to Chicago.

If anyone thinks our problems stem from our 3rd line, which has been by far our best, you seriously need to think about watching a sport you understand...perhaps curling would be more your speed.

3 weeks ago apparently we didn't have a second line and we supposedly "needed" to trade Luongo for Bozak and Kadri.

Now we apparently have too many second liners and need to trade some.

How about you let Gillis handle this one, he's a bit more in the know, you know.

And I agree with you, but what is wrong with Schroeder as a depth C? I think people get to caught up with a traditional line definitions, like the 3rd line is always the checking, bruiser line. Well thus far, our 3rd line has been easily our most consistent.

This teams issue is all on the blue line right now. There is 0 consistency, and when your 3rd pairing is easily the best night in and night out, there is a huge problem. Fix that, and this team will be just fine.

Hammer/Eddy/Garry/Bally/Tanev/Juice.

You are s)*(^ out of luck, we already have a good d-corps. They just have to execute cleanly, and keep it simple.

Unless of course you want something like Drew Doughty's -11.

And what big trade did Chicago make over the off-season? The team that just tied the record for most wins to start the season? The team that also lost in the first round of the playoffs last year to Phoenix? None...that's how many.

The team isn't the problem. The problem is poor execution and bad choices. When firing on all cylinders, this team can be scary good. But right now we are just playing poorly.

I hate how when we are doing good this team is full of elite players with massive amount of depth but when we lose we are full of plugs and should blow up to get a game changer.

i agree.. be patient.. even if florida keeps sucking and blows up their team.. they dont got anything we need? versteeg! really? they also dont have a big right handed defenceman we could use.. i dunno who but i see someone calling back with some serious chedder on the table soon... the capitals and mike green seem to be the best choice so far.. MG is obviously in discussion with them but i wonder just how much he is asking for one of our goalies.. Something has to give soon... or LU is just not waiving to crappy teams that dont contend... Maybe squish all goalie rumors and let them focus on the rest of the season.

And what big trade did Chicago make over the off-season? The team that just tied the record for most wins to start the season? The team that also lost in the first round of the playoffs last year to Phoenix? None...that's how many.

The team isn't the problem. The problem is poor execution and bad choices. When firing on all cylinders, this team can be scary good. But right now we are just playing poorly.

I hate how when we are doing good this team is full of elite players with massive amount of depth but when we lose we are full of plugs and should blow up to get a game changer.

i agree.. be patient.. even if florida keeps sucking and blows up their team.. they dont got anything we need? versteeg! really? they also dont have a big right handed defenceman we could use.. i dunno who but i see someone calling back with some serious chedder on the table soon... the capitals and mike green seem to be the best choice so far.. MG is obviously in discussion with them but i wonder just how much he is asking for one of our goalies.. Something has to give soon... or LU is just not waiving to crappy teams that dont contend... Maybe squish all goalie rumors and let them focus on the rest of the season.

Im starting to seriously worry that we will get anything of substance for Cory or Lu. Look at guys like Viktor Fasth who have busted onto the scene as un undrafted free agent. People mocked Burke during the summer saying he was happy with Reimer and Scrivens, and he turned out to prove most of you wrong. With so many other options teams could go for I feel are time is running short to get something done. Once summer comes and the cap drops we lose more bargaining power. I think the deadline is when a deal has to get done. And the more I think about it the more I see a veteran coming back as opposed to a young prospect.

MG has bigger things to worry about.

Has it occured to anyone here that we have 3.9 million left in the capspace for next year and we have to fill 10 spots with that ?

We *need* to give new contracts to Lapierre, Higgins, Schroeder, Weise and Tanev, while we need to fill the roster/depth spots (if we choose not to re-sign them) vacated by Malhotra, Raymond, Volpatti, Alberts and Barker.

We also need to be mindful that the cap is not going to go up next year or the year after and we need to throw more money to Hansen and who knows what the Sedins will want the year after when their contracts are up ( i am guessing the Sedins will be looking at 5.5-6 million each at best).

So, all those whining about improving the team 'for the cup run now', keep in mind that MG is not going to blow up the team for a one-shot, when we have much bigger fishes to fry for the next season and the season after.

Ten team spots with 3.9 million left equals 390,000 to spend per capita. That is below the league minimum and we need to pay Lappy in the 1.2-1.5m zone, Higgins should get 2.25 mil atleast, Tanev, Schroeder and Weise will get the same salary at worst.

All this means, is that Expect a salary dump trade by MG, involving atleast Ballard or Booth (preferrably both of them) and Luongo/Schenieder trade will have to bring back another goalie, so the 'effective cap space' freed up by their trade is in the 4.33-3 million zone ( i expect the goalie we are going to get back in return to be worth 1mil atleast) and that is not what affords us a 'game-changing cup winning franchise forward'.

Archived