The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is MG waiting for?

Sedinry

I would have absolutely no problem with Kesler being moved to wing. However, the organization and I know the fans, will take exception to that since he is a Selke winner and a previous 40 goal scorer. This is something that actually agitated me with the Hodgson trade. Not to re-live it, but at the time Cody WAS outperforming Ryan. Yet for some reason, the organizations mantra of "You play better, you play more" was being ignored. Some people, such as Kesler, seem immune to playing crappy and not getting minutes cut or having their spots taken.

I realize good centers are hard to come by. But in my opinion, Kesler is the best 3rd line C in the league. For the greater good of the team, I feel that the 2nd line C needs to be a better team player/play maker.

Meh something needs to change.

Canucks can fool stupid fans all they want, but winning against crapty teams and stacking points in the NW division won't win you a Cup.

Anyone who thinks so is just dumb. And Goaltending is not the issue, our team needs to be better. Time to bring in a Star and make some heads turn.

Signed up here with everyone else, so that should answer your question. It also explains how you can quote a trade by two completely different teams and say "its easier than you make it seem" while ignoring the many factors that go into a trade and applying it to Vancouver. But hey, given tonight's 8 goals against in Detroit, feel free to fire off Mike Gillis a letter and tell him how easy it is to trade Luongo. I'm sure the two of you can pull it off.

So you respond to real life trades with some LOL NHL 13 bull.

Uhh, I still don't get how you have the gall to retard away facts.

Trades aren't some amazing feats of genius with secret meetings in underground parking lots, it's two guys in a room with scouts talking to each other over a phone. How do you think Richards and Carter were traded? Holmgren got fed up with their crap and just started phoning teams, asking for what they'll give him for them. It wasn't anything more complicated than that, there were no graphs no watching tape for hours and hours on end, they didn't target a player. They just talked over a phone.

I'm at the point where I'm so sick of this team not being "good enough" that overpaying for a solid D-man/ 2nd line winger is ok with me. MG always talks about not wanting to compromise the future but the Twins aren't going to live forever. They're the best players we've ever had and with a few more solid pieces, not merely another Booth or Garrison, we could be a serious threat to teams like Chicago. Right now we're built for regular season success and clearly many of us are sick of that.

For the record, I seriously think people overestimate the ease at which a General Manager can pull off a trade that will actually improve a team immediately. let alone how completely overestimate the ease at which most fans can sit back from behind their televisions and computer monitors and say "The lineup should be this-this-and-this" and "Trade him-and-him-for-him and we'll win the Cup", or "Look what this team did, do that and it'll work for us, too!". Its ridiculous. Not to mention we have no idea if any other GM is willing to part with what we need in exchange for whatever Gillis feels he can give up.

Most of the issue seems to be with coaching and line-ups, and the mix-and-match style AV apparently adores to tinker with. Not to mention each player will have good nights and bad nights, and have great chemistry and bad chemistry in any given game, so its not like its an exact science to begin with. I believe the pieces are fine, its a matter of refining them and making them work. Case in point, our $24 million pylon defensive lineup tonight. They didn't work and the game was lost. Nothing really more than that.

Well Detroit seem to manage just fine without gorillas (they have Tootoo and that's it)...........why do you think that is?

Don't get me wrong I would really like to have seen someone like Bobby Ryan and Jagr (he wanted to play in Canada and MG didn't ask him if he liked the sound of Vancouver) on the 2nd line with Kesler. Kassian with the twins and Hansen with Burrows and Raymond. 4th line of Weise/Volpatti Lapierre Higgins.

In D I would settle for someone like Luca Sbisa 6'-2 and 207lbs a fearless asskicker and Klesla of the Coyotes at 6'-3" and 220lbs

I would trade Schneider, Edler and Garrison/Ballard, Booth and Schroeder (if necessary)

We already have Vandermeer.

Archived