14 replies to this topic

#1 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

I must say that we need to find something and find it soon because this is a short season and its going to be a really short one if the canucks do not develope chemistry soon.

-I watched the last couple of games and in my opinion everyone is all over the place, one period one guy is benched, the next someone else is. The lines then change. This is really sad because you would have thought that by now Kesler and Booth returning to the lineup would have been beneficial, but u are all proven wrong. Before those 2 came back we had certain players in the correct spot Schroeder was getting it done on the 2ND LINE and Lapierre was getting it done on the 3RD LINE, I must say schroeder looked way better playing on the second line, and in my opinion putting lapierre on the 3rd line gave us a much more physical presence towards the bottom 6. But thats just me. Now that Kesler and booth are back we had to frack with chemistry which is hurting are team. I have no problem with Kesler and Booth and this is not a thread to diss them as they are both fantastic players, but this is a thread to share my thoughts on what the lines should be, and should be KEPT as for more then 3 minutes in a game....

Sedins-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Schroeder
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen
Weise-Raymond-Kassian (With lapierre or kesler taking d zone draws)

These lines are really intresting and some of u might disagree but i think it can work, I also think that Lapierre has a lot more potential then to be a forever 4th line center, considering the fact that he was actually doing just as well as his career year intill he got taken off the third line. I also believe that Schroeder could do really well on the wing as it would take a load of stress off his back in his rookie season.

What are ur thoughts?

#2 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

during the streak, i never washed my game day t shirt or shaved, thought it was ludicrous, then at the game VS Dallas, i washed my shirt and shaved.......... :shock:

Posted Image

#3 Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

I think a Kesler-Booth line combination has proven unsuccessful in the past due to both players showing an unwillingness to pass the puck and simply try and barrel their way through a defensive line. I'd swap Higgins for Booth on that second line, but I'm not the coach, so I think Katy Perry is hot.
Posted Image
[Why 2.0? Because after 9 years, I lost my password and email... huzzah]

#4 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

Those lines are absolutely horrible. Brutal.

#5 kacholu

kacholu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

Those lines are absolutely horrible. Brutal.

I do agree with you on that one

Mine would be
Sedins-Burr
Both-Kes-Kass
Mayray-Schroader-Hansen
Higgins-Lappy-doesn't matter

#6 canidiot

canidiot

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:19 AM

I do agree with you on that one

Mine would be
Sedins-Burr
Both-Kes-Kass
Mayray-Schroader-Hansen
Higgins-Lappy-doesn't matter

the only thing i would change here is higgins and kass.put higgins with kess and booth move kass to fourth with lappy.i think that gives us 3 first lines and grit in the fourth.

Edited by canidiot, 20 February 2013 - 02:20 AM.

#7 canidiot

canidiot

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:27 AM

i am not sure why but when i submitt a post it looks nothing like it shows up.
spaces and paragraphs are somehow deleted.

#8 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:35 AM

i am not sure why but when i submitt a post it looks nothing like it shows up.
spaces and paragraphs are somehow deleted.

Strange...
Similar thing happens to me, only because i have sub par wifi.

Posted Image

#9 10Bure14Burrows

10Bure14Burrows

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

Luongo in the net for next game !
Forever Canuck !

#10 Rounoush

Rounoush

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:27 AM

Luongo in the net for next game !

I think Schneider deserves another game after his performance tonight.
Posted Image
Thanks a bunch to khalifawiz501 for the signature.

#11 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:40 AM

I must say that we need to find something and find it soon because this is a short season and its going to be a really short one if the canucks do not develope chemistry soon.

-I watched the last couple of games and in my opinion everyone is all over the place, one period one guy is benched, the next someone else is. The lines then change. This is really sad because you would have thought that by now Kesler and Booth returning to the lineup would have been beneficial, but u are all proven wrong. Before those 2 came back we had certain players in the correct spot Schroeder was getting it done on the 2ND LINE and Lapierre was getting it done on the 3RD LINE, I must say schroeder looked way better playing on the second line, and in my opinion putting lapierre on the 3rd line gave us a much more physical presence towards the bottom 6. But thats just me. Now that Kesler and booth are back we had to frack with chemistry which is hurting are team. I have no problem with Kesler and Booth and this is not a thread to diss them as they are both fantastic players, but this is a thread to share my thoughts on what the lines should be, and should be KEPT as for more then 3 minutes in a game....

Sedins-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Schroeder
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen
Weise-Raymond-Kassian (With lapierre or kesler taking d zone draws)

These lines are really intresting and some of u might disagree but i think it can work, I also think that Lapierre has a lot more potential then to be a forever 4th line center, considering the fact that he was actually doing just as well as his career year intill he got taken off the third line. I also believe that Schroeder could do really well on the wing as it would take a load of stress off his back in his rookie season.

What are ur thoughts?

I don't agree with your lineups at all. I think they should reunite the AMEX line and keep Hansen, Schroeder, & Raymond on the 2nd line. Until Kes & Booth are back up to full speed, keep their ice time down regardless of what they think. I don't know why AV started the lineup of Kesler between Hansen & Raymond. It was a proven formula for however many games and AV goes and breaks it up. Keep the 4th line of Kassian & Volpatti between Lappy. Although I do think Wiese more than held his own tonight in that fight seeing as he was sucker punched.

#12 menace

menace

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

On a positive note Chris Higgins has looked pretty good the last two games. Lets just clone him and trade everyone else for future picks.

#13 Burlinbert

Burlinbert

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

Sedins-Burrows-------NO EXPLANATION NEEDED
Booth-Kesler-Higgins---------PAST CHEMISTRY
Schroeder-Schroeder-Hansen------ PLAYING GREAT TOGETHER
Weise-Lapierre--Kassian----------BANG AND BRUISE LIN E

#14 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

Sedins-Burrows-------NO EXPLANATION NEEDED
Booth-Kesler-Higgins---------PAST CHEMISTRY
Schroeder-Schroeder-Hansen------ PLAYING GREAT TOGETHER
Weise-Lapierre--Kassian----------BANG AND BRUISE LIN E

Just a simple typo on the third, where you obviously meant to have Raymond instead of an imaginary second Schroeder. Other than that, I'm in total agreement, though I'd have Booth on a short leash.
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#15 Teen Icarus

Teen Icarus

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

Personally, I'm of the opinion of lines this:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Higgins-Kesler-Burrows
Mayray-Schroeder-Hansen
Booth-Lappy-Volpatti/Weise

Burrows and Kassian can be switched - if we want a shutdown line, put Kassian with the Twins, and let Burrows, Higgins, and Kesler shut down their opposition. Don't tamper with the Schroeder-MAyray-Hansen combo unless they badly flounder - most likely by switching MAyray with Booth. Our fourth line could easily be a third lin on other teams and should get playing time that reflects that.

On defense, I think AV finally got it right last night.

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Tanev
Ballard-Garisson

I wont even try to guess who our number one goalie is, but I'm leaning slightly towards Luongo.
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.