The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stressful Hockey

406281dylan

I must say that we need to find something and find it soon because this is a short season and its going to be a really short one if the canucks do not develope chemistry soon.

-I watched the last couple of games and in my opinion everyone is all over the place, one period one guy is benched, the next someone else is. The lines then change. This is really sad because you would have thought that by now Kesler and Booth returning to the lineup would have been beneficial, but u are all proven wrong. Before those 2 came back we had certain players in the correct spot Schroeder was getting it done on the 2ND LINE and Lapierre was getting it done on the 3RD LINE, I must say schroeder looked way better playing on the second line, and in my opinion putting lapierre on the 3rd line gave us a much more physical presence towards the bottom 6. But thats just me. Now that Kesler and booth are back we had to frack with chemistry which is hurting are team. I have no problem with Kesler and Booth and this is not a thread to diss them as they are both fantastic players, but this is a thread to share my thoughts on what the lines should be, and should be KEPT as for more then 3 minutes in a game....

Sedins-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Schroeder

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

Weise-Raymond-Kassian (With lapierre or kesler taking d zone draws)

These lines are really intresting and some of u might disagree but i think it can work, I also think that Lapierre has a lot more potential then to be a forever 4th line center, considering the fact that he was actually doing just as well as his career year intill he got taken off the third line. I also believe that Schroeder could do really well on the wing as it would take a load of stress off his back in his rookie season.

What are ur thoughts?

I think a Kesler-Booth line combination has proven unsuccessful in the past due to both players showing an unwillingness to pass the puck and simply try and barrel their way through a defensive line. I'd swap Higgins for Booth on that second line, but I'm not the coach, so I think Katy Perry is hot.

I must say that we need to find something and find it soon because this is a short season and its going to be a really short one if the canucks do not develope chemistry soon.

-I watched the last couple of games and in my opinion everyone is all over the place, one period one guy is benched, the next someone else is. The lines then change. This is really sad because you would have thought that by now Kesler and Booth returning to the lineup would have been beneficial, but u are all proven wrong. Before those 2 came back we had certain players in the correct spot Schroeder was getting it done on the 2ND LINE and Lapierre was getting it done on the 3RD LINE, I must say schroeder looked way better playing on the second line, and in my opinion putting lapierre on the 3rd line gave us a much more physical presence towards the bottom 6. But thats just me. Now that Kesler and booth are back we had to frack with chemistry which is hurting are team. I have no problem with Kesler and Booth and this is not a thread to diss them as they are both fantastic players, but this is a thread to share my thoughts on what the lines should be, and should be KEPT as for more then 3 minutes in a game....

Sedins-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Schroeder

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

Weise-Raymond-Kassian (With lapierre or kesler taking d zone draws)

These lines are really intresting and some of u might disagree but i think it can work, I also think that Lapierre has a lot more potential then to be a forever 4th line center, considering the fact that he was actually doing just as well as his career year intill he got taken off the third line. I also believe that Schroeder could do really well on the wing as it would take a load of stress off his back in his rookie season.

What are ur thoughts?

Personally, I'm of the opinion of lines this:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Higgins-Kesler-Burrows

Mayray-Schroeder-Hansen

Booth-Lappy-Volpatti/Weise

Burrows and Kassian can be switched - if we want a shutdown line, put Kassian with the Twins, and let Burrows, Higgins, and Kesler shut down their opposition. Don't tamper with the Schroeder-MAyray-Hansen combo unless they badly flounder - most likely by switching MAyray with Booth. Our fourth line could easily be a third lin on other teams and should get playing time that reflects that.

On defense, I think AV finally got it right last night.

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Tanev

Ballard-Garisson

I wont even try to guess who our number one goalie is, but I'm leaning slightly towards Luongo.

Archived