The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hansen hit not as bad as Weise's

vcr1970

Sorry if this sounds like a duplicate but I was told to move this to the "game day thread" so here I am:

This is just my opinion, but I thought Weise left his feet to make his hit (barely, but I think he did). I'd say he left his feet as much as Torres did last year against Hossa anyways.

For some reason this has gone completely under the radar. I thought it was worse than Hansen's play.

oops, my bad. I went back to the main directory and chose the one that said "game day" under it. I didn't realize it was the same thread.

But now having said that, I'm utterly confused where it goes. Where is the game day thread if it isn't this one?

Sorry if this sounds like a duplicate but I was told to move this to the "game day thread" so here I am:

This is just my opinion, but I thought Weise left his feet to make his hit (barely, but I think he did). I'd say he left his feet as much as Torres did last year against Hossa anyways.

For some reason this has gone completely under the radar. I thought it was worse than Hansen's play.

I agree Weise's hit was worse as far as a collision goes. Leaving your feet after contact isn't illegal though and point of contact was shoulder to chest. Hansens on the other hand looked awfully innocent to me. Hossa's head must be as soft as a nerf ball. I'd like to see a closer shot of the Hansen elbow before passing judgement.

Archived