108 replies to this topic

#91 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,727 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:49 AM

Actually that's not true about the 1080p there's new technology called 5k and 10k. Both are fantastic t.v's that are absolutely mind blowing looking at them.
They could have easily partnered up with them or even made is comparable for sales.

But ya you're right. I would prefer to just have them merge but that will never happen.

That's too new I would think, and if they really up the resolution it's going to be way too expensive for the graphics that you'd need to power it. The thing that's always 'limited' consoles is the fact that they have to be around 300-500 or people probably won't buy it. And 300-500 doesn't really get you much.

#92 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

Actually that's not true about the 1080p there's new technology called 5k and 10k. Both are fantastic t.v's that are absolutely mind blowing looking at them.
They could have easily partnered up with them or even made is comparable for sales.

But ya you're right. I would prefer to just have them merge but that will never happen.

I'd imagine it'd be too costly for devs/publishers to produce games for the 5k and 10k, unless if the consumers are willing to pay like $100 a piece for a game.

In other news:

Sony: PS4 can play used games

Posted Image

The newly announced PlayStation 4 won't block used games, Sony confirmed. Speaking to Eurogamer and despite a few translation issues, Sony Worldwide Studios chief Shuhei Yoshida said the new system can play second-hand games.

There's been speculation next-gen hardware, including the PS4, is being designed to block the second-hand game market; Sony patented technology to tie discs to specific users, while Edge sources recently indicated the next Xbox has an always-on Internet connection to do the job. As far as the PS4's concerned we know now that's not the case, and that means we say so long and thanks for all the fish to a certain gif that's done the rounds.

http://www.joystiq.c...lay-used-games/

(>'-')>Posted Image<('-'<)

#93 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,727 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

Props to Sony for deciding against doing away with used games if that's the case, since it looks like the microsoft seems more likely. Hopefully this can make microsoft rethink it and stop it as well. Some games have always been worth just getting used or rented.

#94 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

Posted Image

I lol'd...

(>'-')>Posted Image<('-'<)

#95 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

PS4 is not backwards compatible. I'm not surprised, but I'm still not impressed about it.

http://www.ign.com/a...r-digital-games

#96 Dellins

Dellins

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

#97 D.Doughty

D.Doughty

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

Is NHL 14 gonna be on the PS3 or the PS4?

#98 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,151 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

Most likely both

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#99 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,007 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

No it won't.

We'll have to most likely wait for NHL 15.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#100 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

I doubt NHL 14 will be on PS4. 06 wasn't on 360 when it first came out.

If it is though, it'll probably just be a port of the PS3 game

Edited by CanuckianOne, 22 February 2013 - 12:02 AM.

#101 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,894 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

I'd imagine it'd be too costly for devs/publishers to produce games for the 5k and 10k, unless if the consumers are willing to pay like $100 a piece for a game.

I'm not sure where you guys found the names "5k" and "10k." From what I understand, there exist both 4K resolution (2160p) and 8K resolution (4320p), both of which are currently in development. 4K resolution has 4x as many pixels as 1080p, and 8K has 16x. There were rumors that the PS4 would support 4K gaming, though apparently only 4K video will be supported. 4K technology does exist already, and 4K video is nothing new; search YouTube for some 4K resolution video (though what you'll see will be only as many pixels as your display will allow). 4K televisions are due to be on sale some time within the next year while 8K televisions are a few years away still. Sharp managed to demo the first 8K TV at 2012 Consumer Electronics Show and broadcasters in South Korea and the United Kingdom have been experimenting with it, so they aren't that far off, in my opinion.

While 4K and 8K video will certainly display much, much sharper images than 1080p, the ultimate goal is to increase the desired size of televisions with this technology. To achieve the optimum effect of these TVs, manufacturers are expecting sizes of 60'' and above for 4K and 8K resolution screens. Since the quality of images will be so high, the only way to make use of it is to increase the size of the display. As we know with current technology, the larger the TV, the more expanded the pixels and the lower the quality; that's why giant TVs (i.e. 90'') aren't all that great to have right now. Producers want to preserve as much quality as possible on large screens, and this is their way to do it. They want 80'' 4K TVs to be as sharp as 32'' 1080p TVs (if not sharper), and 8K TVs to be even sharper. It's soon going to be the age of the large TV.

It doesn't look like the PS4 will support 4K at the moment. It's entirely possible in a few years, though, depending on if Sony can achieve this through a firmware update. I think demand for 4K content will increase once enough consumers purchase 4K TVs. 8K, however, isn't going to be ready until at least 6-8 years from now, which I think would be around the time of the next generation of consoles.

Edited by WeatherWise, 22 February 2013 - 02:37 PM.

The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#102 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,498 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

no big deal about the backwards compatibility the ps3 took that out and they haven't looked back and to be honest its no problem in my eyes a lot of the ps2 games i loved have been either updated with hd or on the psn store so i expect the ps3 games to go the same route and until that happens i will hold onto my ps3 no big deal

yes i know i will be called a fanboy i don't care i have a sony tv , phone , ps3 and vita the only thing of my electronics that aren't sony is my laptop and computer monitor

#103 sakage.shinga

sakage.shinga

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

Rumour has it that PS4 games could end up costing $100 a pop. It's not confirmed but if true, I'm pretty sure I won't be investing in a PS4.
Posted Image

#104 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

No exact price, but it looks like it will probably stay at $59.99 a game

http://ca.ign.com/ar...mes-price-point

#105 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 12,691 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

no big deal about the backwards compatibility the ps3 took that out and they haven't looked back and to be honest its no problem in my eyes a lot of the ps2 games i loved have been either updated with hd or on the psn store so i expect the ps3 games to go the same route and until that happens i will hold onto my ps3 no big deal

yes i know i will be called a fanboy i don't care i have a sony tv , phone , ps3 and vita the only thing of my electronics that aren't sony is my laptop and computer monitor

holy christ, look at this dude's grammar
Posted Image

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#106 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,280 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:23 AM

Rumour has it that PS4 games could end up costing $100 a pop. It's not confirmed but if true, I'm pretty sure I won't be investing in a PS4.

No way in hell, they are cutting down costs by allowing you to download the game straight from the PSN store, and they'll just pocket the profit.
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#107 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

I think I'll still pick the Xbox 720 over another another Playstation product. Although I really don't want to spend 450-550$ on either of the two.

#108 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

Posted Image

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#109 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

PS4! Unreal
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.