The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elisa Lam found dead on LA hotel rooftop

TheGreatDane36

Wow that video is so creepy.

It almost seems like she was waiting for someone or expecting someone to be there. I can't imagine being out in the open when you're not thinking soundly. Such a vulnerable state to be in. It'll be hard for the authorities to figure out how this all happened and who is responsible for her death but I hope they figure it out. If for no other reason, it can at least warn other women about the dangers of wandering into unknown and unsafe places.

Best wishes to her family.

This video reminded me of when my significant other's nephew went through severe schizophrenia.

He was convinced that there were (non-existent) entities out to harm him. We had him committed under the Mental Health Act for his own protection and treatment. Luckily he recovered and went on to become a very successful businessperson and is now married to a lovely woman and they have a new born.

Ah yeah, sorry, I should have qualified my comment earlier since I was the first one to bring up drugs. Certainly a lot of the mannerisms, to me looked like someone on psychedelics. But given the circumstances and the outcome, my first thought was more along the lines that she may have been dosed with something, felt the effects coming on, and was trying to get to somewhere safe before it took over. Just a theory.

Autopsy is tomorrow morning according to CBC a few minutes ago. Also they keep referring to her hand movements as 'wildly gesturing' but it still looks like sign language to me.

a few new details in this V.Sun story http://www.vancouver...2016/story.html

found this part interesting:

Lopez said the hotel has four cisterns on its roof that are each about 10 feet (3 metres) tall, 4.5 feet (1.37 metres) wide and hold at least 1,000 gallons (3,785 litres)of water pumped up from city pipes.

Lam's body was found Tuesday morning at the bottom of one cistern that was about three-quarters full of water, Lopez said.

The opening at the top of the cistern is too small to accommodate firefighters and equipment, so they had to cut a hole in the storage tank to recover Lam's body.

The cisterns are on a platform at least 10 feet (3.05 metres) above the roof.

To get to the tanks, someone would have to go to the top floor then take a staircase with a locked door and emergency alarm preventing roof access.

Another ladder would have to be taken to the platform and a person would have to climb the side of the tank.

The area is pretty dodgy and there are a lot of homeless people and drug addicts/dealers in the area. I just question why she was even staying at a shady hotel in the shadiest part of the town. When I go to LA as a tourist, I don't stay at a Compton hotel.

From the footage i've seen, I really think that one of the staff member of the hotel has played a part into her death. Meaning one of the hotel's personnel is a murderer or is someone who knows the hotel surroundings very well and has access to restricted areas. In this case, I think the girl was probably raped and then dumped into the water tank. So the culprit tried to avoid the CCTV cameras and probably carried the body upstairs without using the elevator. This person probably had access to a ladder on the roof top and access to the elevator controls. In the video, the elevator door doesn't close at all, so this is what is making me really suspicious of the staff, along with the restricted access to the roof top.

Archived